NCAA GDT: Week 9: Battle for the B1G East

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Illinois would beat most of the teams they played. Same with any p5 cellar dweller.

You wish. FIU would beat them, Maryland would too, Navy and Memphis would crush them. They might beat ECU and Cincinnati this year but that's far from a given.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It's funny because I was looking at UCF's schedule the other day and was thinking, damn, they really aren't playing anyone. I mean you have to think of these schedules as having a rhythm of their own. You can cherrypick the matchups but it's a different season if your 'tough games' are Navy, Memphis and Maryland and your throwaway games are vs UConn, Temple and ECU than if your tough games are in the Horseshoe or Michigan Stadium and your throwaway games are Maryland and Illinois (just as general examples). You really can't compare it.

I know it was once the Big East but with realignment like nothing of the Big East is left in it. It's basically the CUSA of 10 years ago. Nobody thought CUSA teams should be in the BCS title game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's funny because I was looking at UCF's schedule the other day and was thinking, damn, they really aren't playing anyone. I mean you have to think of these schedules as having a rhythm of their own. You can cherrypick the matchups but it's a different season if your 'tough games' are Navy, Memphis and Maryland and your throwaway games are vs UConn, Temple and ECU than if your tough games are in the Horseshoe or Michigan Stadium and your throwaway games are Maryland and Illinois (just as general examples). You really can't compare it.

I know it was once the Big East but with realignment like nothing of the Big East is left in it. It's basically the CUSA of 10 years ago. Nobody thought CUSA teams should be in the BCS title game.

Their opponents combined record is 30-25, while a Michigan is 31-32, Washington is 31-34, Wisconsin is 29-37. Just because you think a Memphis or Navy isn't good doesn't mean it it's true. How is a throw away game against Illinois or Rutgers better than one against ECU or Cincinnati? They all suck the same. Sure we don't have any 100k stadiums doesn't mean the atmosphere in a 40k one sucks or is easier to play in. Nobody thought a CUSA team should play Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl or FSU in the peach but UCF whooped them and so did Houston. There's good football teams outside the old establishment and they can beat any team on any given week.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Except they don't all suck the same. The teams on UCF's schedule suck much worse than teams with real schedules.

I am not sure why you can't just enjoy the season they are having without trying to build them up into some great team they aren't.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Except they don't all suck the same. The teams on UCF's schedule suck much worse than teams with real schedules.

I am not sure why you can't just enjoy the season they are having without trying to build them up into some great team they aren't.

Please tell me how a Wisconsin has a real schedule but UCF doesn't? Wisconsin played BYU who got smacked by ECU who's a throwaway game for UCF apparently. They play a bunch of 4-4 or 3-5 teams who I guess are better than a 5-2 Navy because they're in Big 10?

I am enjoying the season, the reason I am is because they are a really good team and if they keep winning like they are will be great. They have the highest scoring offense in the country, they aren't some fluke team having a good year. They've been a good program for a long time, recruiting good talent that's made them one of the best G5 schools in the past several years.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Please tell me how a Wisconsin has a real schedule but UCF doesn't? Wisconsin played BYU who got smacked by ECU who's a throwaway game for UCF apparently. They play a bunch of 4-4 or 3-5 teams who I guess are better than a 5-2 Navy because they're in Big 10?

Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota are all better than everyone on UCF's schedule. Purdue like even beats Memphis with the way Memphis "plays" defense. Plus to get the the play-off Wisconsin has to beat Ohio State or Penn State who wax UCF by 20+ points.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota are all better than everyone on UCF's schedule. Purdue like even beats Memphis with the way Memphis "plays" defense. Plus to get the the play-off Wisconsin has to beat Ohio State or Penn State who wax UCF by 20+ points.

I bet you actually believe this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4