NCAA GDT: Week 9: Battle for the B1G East

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
So if Penn St wins out, and Michigan beats Ohio State and they all finish with one loss, who advances?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
So if Penn St wins out, and Michigan beats Ohio State and they all finish with one loss, who advances?

Penn State I believe. The first tiebreaker for three teams is overall record I think.

If Penn State loses another one though I think Ohio State might win the tiebreaker? Maybe Michigan? Not sure

Michigan still has a chance to win the big but it’s pretty unlikely

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know Miami won today but geez, I didn't realize they almost gave today away, won on a fumble inside their own territory with UNC putting together a nice drive. They've got Virginia Tech and Notre Dame coming up (both at home), we will see if the 'Canes are for real or not. Might also see College Gameday there next week or the one after.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No but they'd rather have a big time P5 with one loss over an undefeated non-P5. That's reality.

For the regular bowls sure but the playoffs wants the 4 best teams. If Miami makes the playoffs they aren't gonna travel any better than a non P5 school if they get sent to the Rose bowl, maybe they draw a few more eyes to the TV for ratings but that's it. Some schools will travel well no matter where the game is but that shouldn't determine who makes the playoffs.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
For the regular bowls sure but the playoffs wants the 4 best teams. If Miami makes the playoffs they aren't gonna travel any better than a non P5 school if they get sent to the Rose bowl, maybe they draw a few more eyes to the TV for ratings but that's it. Some schools will travel well no matter where the game is but that shouldn't determine who makes the playoffs.[ /QUOTE]

The CFP is about money. They want match ups that sell.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
You think a matchup that has TCU, Washington State or Oklahoma State is a huge seller?

UCF has never lost to Alabama, you could sell that leading up to the game.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Why'd you pick those 3 teams instead of Clemson, Oklahoma or Ohio State? UCF vs Alabama would be amusing for a half.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wazzu gets whacked again but at least they put up a bunch of points this time.

Sun Devils about to get in.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why'd you pick those 3 teams instead of Clemson, Oklahoma or Ohio State? UCF vs Alabama would be amusing for a half.

Because those are P5 schools too. What your saying is that there should be a seperate playoff for the blue bloods of college?

They said UCF had no chance against Alabama when the played the last time too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UCF would get crushed.

Maybe but so would a lot of others in the top 15. We have the best offense in the country, if anything we would give Alabama's defense a good challenge to stop us. Stopping them might be a problem but we are good against the run and I'm not sold on Hurts as a passer to shred us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad