NFL GDT: Week 5

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Cousins, Carr and Tannehill are all about roughly equivalent in my eyes (though I think Tannehill is probably 3rd on that list). Good enough that they make it difficult to walk away from, and certainly better than what many other teams are running out there at QB, but don't think any can raise a team on their own and all need significant help to make a deep postseason run.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't see much difference between Carr and Cousins. Cousins sucks at night games but there are moments you think he's sharp. Like he started this week with 18 or so straight completions. But then cooled off as the game progressed.
Basically equal. Cousins has some brain farts and doesn’t reliever in prime time.

See what the options are but this upcoming draft isn’t as hot as it originally seemed. Can still change as we enter the second half of the season.

Cousins, Carr and Tannehill are all about roughly equivalent in my eyes (though I think Tannehill is probably 3rd on that list). Good enough that they make it difficult to walk away from, and certainly better than what many other teams are running out there at QB, but don't think any can raise a team on their own and all need significant help to make a deep postseason run.
That’s why what they make matters so much. If the elite guys are now pushing high $40’s to $50 mill AAV. What is the drop off for these guys. Is it $8 mill, $10 mill? $15 mill? In the $30-$35 mill range. Jimmy, Carr, Tanny, Cousins are in the high $20’s to low $30’s now. Is one great or 2 good players extra going to be enough to help them compete against the elite QBs?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Cousins > Carr

Cousins is more productive and consistent IMO
cousins has been there for 4 full years

8-7-1
10-6
7-9
8-9

1 playoff appearance. Given that the Keenan led Vikings were 13-3 the prior season and got to the NFC championship game. I think most would say Minny has had the better roster over the years.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Tre White returned to practice for the first time since his ACL tear last year. He won’t play against KC but is heading back after his long recovery.

Poyer, Edmunds and McKenzie are all full go today. Which makes sense because I swear the first two were only held out last week because they didn’t respect Pittsburgh enough to feel it necessary to play them a little banged up.

The only players not practicing for Buffalo due to injury today are special teams/depth players Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow.

After one of the most injury plagued starts to a season I can remember…the Bills are getting very healthy. Knock on wood. But also…they’ve been that good with half a defense most weeks.

Hyde isn’t coming back this year, unfortunately

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Tre White returned to practice for the first time since his ACL tear last year. He won’t play against KC but is heading back after his long recovery.

Poyer, Edmunds and McKenzie are all full go today. Which makes sense because I swear the first two were only held out last week because they didn’t respect Pittsburgh enough to feel it necessary to play them a little banged up.

The only players not practicing for Buffalo due to injury today are special teams/depth players Taiwan Jones and Jake Kumerow.

After one of the most injury plagued starts to a season I can remember…the Bills are getting very healthy. Knock on wood. But also…they’ve been that good with half a defense most weeks.

Hyde isn’t coming back this year, unfortunately
Buffalo is a team that should be active around the trade deadline. Be willing to be aggressive and give up 3rds and later to secure positions of weakness. Be it at RB, S, whatever.

Same with KC. If they need a more vertical threat at WR or help in the secondary go get it.

Not sure that the bottom feeders have a Von Miller calibre guy to part with a second but if there’s one that good then go for it.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Not sure that the bottom feeders have a Von Miller calibre guy to part with a second but if there’s one that good then go for it.
He's not Von Miller caliber - mostly because Von is so excellent still - but Brian Burns would fit this bill for the Chiefs at the area of greatest need. Would then give you two very good pass rushers in Jones and Burns with Clark on the other side, with Karlaftis able to spell either out on the edge. Don't think the Panthers will trade him necessarily but if he is available and the Panthers do go into a fire sale, I hope the Chiefs are all over it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's not Von Miller caliber - mostly because Von is so excellent still - but Brian Burns would fit this bill for the Chiefs at the area of greatest need. Would then give you two very good pass rushers in Jones and Burns with Clark on the other side, with Karlaftis able to spell either out on the edge. Don't think the Panthers will trade him necessarily but if he is available and the Panthers do go into a fire sale, I hope the Chiefs are all over it.
Has to be a cap type move in that they don’t bring the guy back next season.

I would have said Lockett WR from seattle would be a great add for KC as I don’t expect Seattle to make the WC. But I not think the cap will work or that Seattle is prepared to eat the dead cap on him for next season. He’s help with the deeper routes and give that option a bit back to KC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad