NFL GDT: Week 5

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The ref said after the game the penalty was called on Jones, because he landed on the QB with his full weight. If you look at the video, Jones used his left arm to break his fall.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
the Steelers beg to differ
The only reason I would take a 3rd round QB in the first round is if I was tanking. When you have one of the 2 best HCs, don't do that.

Criticizing Wentz is dumb, because the WFT have a bad O-line and the Boys have one of the best in the league. Not giving teams credit for barely losing to good teams is also dumb. It doesn't take SoS into account and it's better than getting blown out by bad teams.

Tua obviously had a concussion the week before he got hurt in his last game.

Good HCs don't blame the QB for losing. It's not being a leader and it takes 53 men and the entire coaching staff to win or lose a game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I wonder if Adams regrets leaving Green Bay.

In the 8 years he was in Green Bay he never once acted like he did tonight. Never bitched and moaned on the sideline, never slammed his helmet, and then never did what he did to that cameraman. By all accounts was a model teammate.

Even if he did it for good reasons (closer to his family, reuniting with his college teammate in Derek Carr) sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. His former QB would probably nod in agreement.

All that being said, that shove is worth a suspension and fine for sure. Devante has to know better.

Both sides miss each other.

Vegas is 1-4 and Packers are pretty damm bad offensively

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Adams wants to get paid, Green Bay was t gonna pay him… also Green Bay traded him. Don’t matter now, I’d be frustrated about that last drive…

Also, f*** that ****** Patrick Graham. Never adjusted in the second half, no linebacker or M2M on Kelce, always his shitting zone defense coverage. Stevie f***ing Wonder would’ve known to switch to M2M…and that mother f***er was blind as shit.

I believe they were ready to pay him but not knowing when Rodgers will retire was the big reason for the trade.

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Both sides miss each other. Vegas is 1-4 and Packers are pretty damm bad offensively
You don't give a negative QB who constantly badmouths the team in the media a $1/4 B for 5 years. He re-paid them by refusing to come in early and get to know all their new or young pass catchers. If I said any other 38 year old QB who's only won 1 conference championship (the same as Rex Grossman) is one of the best ever, I'd be laughed off the planet. He obviously doesn't belong in the goat conversation.

I believe they were ready to pay him but not knowing when Rodgers will retire was the big reason for the trade.
No, Davante wanted a chance to win a SB. He didn't even tell Rodgers who found out in the media.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Adams wanted to return closer to home. Rodgers re-signed knowing Adams might not be coming back and could be traded. They were ready to pay him.

The guy below your post is incorrect and just seems like a weird hater.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The ONLY Raiders players that have shown any heart have been Jacobs, Adams and Crosby.

Adams and Crosby have been playing up to their contract, they have been producing.

Carr sucks, Waller is ass, Chandler Jones bald headed ass has been MIA for 5 f***ing weeks, Renfrow been hurt, just a cluster f*** of titanium garbage.

BYE week, get your shit together.

Chandler Jones was a menace last night.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You don't give a negative QB who constantly badmouths the team in the media a $1/4 B for 5 years. He re-paid them by refusing to come in early and get to know all their new or young pass catchers. If I said any other 38 year old QB who's only won 1 conference championship (the same as Rex Grossman) is one of the best ever, I'd be laughed off the planet. He obviously doesn't belong in the goat conversation.

No, Davante wanted a chance to win a SB. He didn't even tell Rodgers who found out in the media.
Rodgers knew last year.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
As someone who was at Arrowhead last night I walked away feeling that the Raiders are more or less the same team they were last year but their luck in coin-flip close games has turned. The defense is probably a bit better - at least when they're actually getting something out of Jones - but the passing offense doesn't seem to have much aside from Carr to Adams. Things started to snowball on them and they didn't have much until the 4th quarter when the Chiefs left the door open. They have talent but it's still a flawed roster, which I think most people saw before the season even after the trade.

The Chiefs need McDuffie back and ready next week. They've have done an ok job getting by with a 7th round rookie CB for the time being, but Buffalo is a whole different animal. This will be the first time KC will be a home underdog with Mahomes ever.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

False equivalence in the bolded.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
As someone who was at Arrowhead last night I walked away feeling that the Raiders are more or less the same team they were last year but their luck in coin-flip close games has turned. The defense is probably a bit better - at least when they're actually getting something out of Jones - but the passing offense doesn't seem to have much aside from Carr to Adams. Things started to snowball on them and they didn't have much until the 4th quarter when the Chiefs left the door open. They have talent but it's still a flawed roster, which I think most people saw before the season even after the trade.

The Chiefs need McDuffie back and ready next week. They've have done an ok job getting by with a 7th round rookie CB for the time being, but Buffalo is a whole different animal. This will be the first time KC will be a home underdog with Mahomes ever.
A flawed roster due to poor drafting. Ruggs, Arnette, Ferrell, Mullen, Bowden, Muse, Edwards, Leatherwood. Didn't need pro bowl, but at least starter worthy, it's a much different team. Wouldn't have Hollins as the other outside WR. Ruggs could take the top off and maybe give Adams a few more one on one chances.

Jackson is able to execute a Game Winning FG drive on his final possession vs Cincy. Carr, while further to go, couldn't do the same. ended up stalling in his own side of the field.

I still don't get the 2 point try to go up 1 with 4:27 left. Make the backup KC K who missed 2 kicks (though was saved by a holding call) make a Kick to beat you.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
A flawed roster due to poor drafting. Ruggs, Arnette, Ferrell, Mullen, Bowden, Muse, Edwards, Leatherwood. Didn't need pro bowl, but at least starter worthy, it's a much different team. Wouldn't have Hollins as the other outside WR. Ruggs could take the top off and maybe give Adams a few more one on one chances.

Jackson is able to execute a Game Winning FG drive on his final possession vs Cincy. Carr, while further to go, couldn't do the same. ended up stalling in his own side of the field.

I still don't get the 2 point try to go up 1 with 4:27 left. Make the backup KC K who missed 2 kicks (though was saved by a holding call) make a Kick to beat you.
I don't disagree that Gruden/Mayock did a number on the Raiders by badly missing on all those first rounders, just saying that I never really saw the Raiders being much more than what they are ( though I figured they'd have another win or 2 through 5 weeks). And you're preaching to the converted on Carr. I think he's a solid QB who could lead a completely stacked team to the SB, but otherwise, he is just west coast Kirk Cousins.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don't disagree that Gruden/Mayock did a number on the Raiders by badly missing on all those first rounders, just saying that I never really saw the Raiders being much more than what they are ( though I figured they'd have another win or 2 through 5 weeks). And you're preaching to the converted on Carr. I think he's a solid QB who could lead a completely stacked team to the SB, but otherwise, he is just west coast Kirk Cousins.
I agree. He’s in that cousins, Jimmy tier. On a stacked club can get you deep. But on a team with holes he’s not elevating the roster. LV won most of their coin flip one score games with multiple OT games. Not doing it this year. Each game they lost has been by 1 possession. Each game they had a chance late. 3 to win and 1 to tie. Had the ball on a final drive to win vs LAC, AZ in OT and KC. Couldn’t get it done.

There’s always some good like the deep shots to Adams. But his accuracy doesn’t give the receivers the best ability to get YAC due to placement. The last completion to renfrow he has to go to the ground and thus can’t turn up field to get the first. Ends ups short. No different than the AZ game on the fumble. Threw it to him at around the knees s vs the waist or chest. So he’s stumbling trying to secure them make the move upfield.

Last edited:

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Needed a FG drive with 2:20 left with a timeout to save the season. Throw a better pass to renfrow so that he doesn’t need to go to the ground and it’s likely a first down. Or a better pass to Adams so that he’s not tapping his feet.
Adams could have got his 2nd foot down but he wanted to avoid the hit. That pass by Carr was good enough to an all pro receiver.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I’m probably the most vocal and loud HF Raiders supporter on here. I know some are more mellow and all…but I take this shit deep. It is what it is, I’m so used to it.
Been 2 decades since the team was consistently good during the first Gruden era into Callahan.

1-4. I don’t see them winning 10/12 games to close to year so at best it’s 10-7 and maybe that gets you in.
Teams left to play.
Houston, NO, Jax, Indy, Seattle, LAC, Den, LAR, NE, Pitt, KC, SF.

Don’t see them beating SF. KC will always be tough. BB knows Josh so that won’t be easy either. Have to sweep Denver at this point. No other margin for error. Can’t drop anymore than 3 games the rest of the way to even have a chance. And this team can’t survive injuries. No depth.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I’m probably the most vocal and loud HF Raiders supporter on here. I know some are more mellow and all…but I take this shit deep. It is what it is, I’m so used to it.
I cannot be too hard on a poster with a Chrono Trigger (my favorite video game ever made) avatar, especially when I am myself overdramatic and prone to colorful language. :laugh:

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Many years of suffering for a team that can't field a winner will do that.

Especially when Tom Brady was rejected for "that motherf***er"(Brady's own words towards an unidentified QB suspected to be Carr).

I for one will be a happy man when Derek Carr is gone from this team. I want him and his CARRdashain supporters, plus his f***ing ignorant brothers on social media to f*** out of here.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I for one will be a happy man when Derek Carr is gone from this team. I want him and his CARRdashain supporters, plus his f***ing ignorant brothers on social media to f*** out of here.
Carr does suck imo. Doesn't make the plays when you need him to. Carr got the physical tools, but the mind just isn't there.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He gets a pass for all of the dysfunction in raiders front office and coaching. Like 6 OC or something. By now he’s who he is.

See some very good but never sustained play.

Leaves you wanting more too often.

See where they land in the draft but outside of Stroud and Levi’s not sure I love this QB class. Young is good but nothing physically separates him.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Careful what you wish for. I don't think Carr is elite but he's better than losers like Cousins.
I don't see much difference between Carr and Cousins. Cousins sucks at night games but there are moments you think he's sharp. Like he started this week with 18 or so straight completions. But then cooled off as the game progressed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad