NFL GDT: Week 5

member 157595

Tannehill continuing his great play. Adam Gase was right about one thing at least!

I wouldn't trust Adam Gase to be right about a f***ing lawnmower.

"No one player is bigger than the team"

Adam Gase, on the other hand. is bigger than the team.

Yeah, in the same way that 10 STD's are worse than one.

The Bills have only one winnable game in their next 5- the Jets.

In between- KC/NE/SEA/ARZ

What? Only 1 winnable game? What the actual f*** are you talking about?

The Bills are better than Arizona and will definitely beat NE if Newton isn't playing (and may well beat them anyways.) Seattle is winning by the skin of their teeth, wouldn't be shocking if they lose one to the Bills. KC I'll give you, they're coming off a loss and I expect them to be pissed and take it out on the Bills' suddenly (as of this year) inadequate defense.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Was this the guy who said the Patriots were starting 3-7 or something last year or was that the year before?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Good for Tannehill.

I was ready for him to move on, given the Dolphins basically did nothing to help him but I was always like "he's going to erupt if he gets a shot with the Titans, isn't he?"

Sure enough he's playing at a fringe MVP level. f*** I hate the Dolphins sometimes and hope this rebuild doesn't end with another string of 6 or 7 win seasons

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

I don't see see how you can say NE, SEA, or ARZ are un-winnable.

The Seahawks are 5-0, but they've been barely scraping by their last win against the Vikings was a borderline miracle. The Cardinals offense seems to be cooling off and their defense is struggling, plus they just lost Chandler Jones for the season. The Patriots have been giving up a lot of points the last 3 weeks, and they're not the Patriots of old, they're much more vulnerable. Without Cam I would think that Buffalo might actually be favored in that game.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
The Titans often get overlooked, but they're a tremendous team.
I agree entirely, they're a great team on both sides of the ball. I think they fly under the radar so much because aside from Henry they don't really have any "Superstar" players. Even Henry is a modest Superstar, as his appeal is more in his power and workhorse style as opposed to being flashy.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

What are you on about? All 4 of those games are very much winnable.

Kansas City is a very good team but they also got outgunned by the Raiders. With how leaky their defense can be the Bills definitely have a puncher's chance.

New England is hardly scary these days lol. Still a decent team but far from the team that was basically 2 guaranteed losses for them like the last...15 years.

Seattle is the same deal, good but hardly a guaranteed L

Arizona doesn't even belong in the same conversation lol. They took like half the game to get going against the lousy Jets and dropped a game to the Lions. They're not that good

This isn't about how bad the Bills are, its more about how slept on the Titans are. They've been a totally different animal since Tannehill was named starter.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I agree entirely, they're a great team on both sides of the ball. I think they fly under the radar so much because aside from Henry they don't really have any "Superstar" players. Even Henry is a modest Superstar, as his appeal is more in his power and workhorse style as opposed to being flashy.
Quiet guys who are well coached and play for one another. That along with their geographical location have a lot to do with it.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Quiet guys who are well coached and play for one another. That along with their geographical location have a lot to do with it.
That's how football should be, in my opinion. You don't always need flashy superstars or an exotic playbooks to do well. One of the greatest things about the TEN team is the way they their play simple, most of their plays are run out of the same handful of formations with just little variations.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Good for Tannehill.

I was ready for him to move on, given the Dolphins basically did nothing to help him but I was always like "he's going to erupt if he gets a shot with the Titans, isn't he?"

Sure enough he's playing at a fringe MVP level. f*** I hate the Dolphins sometimes and hope this rebuild doesn't end with another string of 6 or 7 win seasons

Just some of your posts week 17 in 2018 season or around that time

Gase can stay. I don't know how in the blue hell they went 8-8 or even 7-9 with such a barren roster.

Tannehill should not. 27 million dollars for absolute mediocrity at the most important position in football is not good investment.

Sick ****ing throw Tannehill. You mook.

27 million for poor man's Andy Dalton next year.

I don't really get the claims Gase was hated by the players for sticking with Tannehill either. I think Tannehill sucks too but i mean...who else is he supposed to start? Osweiler? **** that.

Your post when Tannehill was traded

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Tannehill.

They didn't get squat back but the plus side is they get out of that monstrosity of a contract. Happy with this move since it means the Dolphins are fully embracing the tank.

I also imagine this means there's a high chance Bridgewater signs in Miami. Edit: Or the possibility of pivoting to get a QB in this draft?

Edit: NVM didn't see Teddy re-signed officially. Def means they look at a QB in the draft.

I think this is clearly a hindsight influenced take from yourself

You hated Tannehill and trashed him constantly here

member 157595

That's how football should be, in my opinion. You don't always need flashy superstars or an exotic playbooks to do well. One of the greatest things about the TEN team is the way they their play simple, most of their plays are run out of the same handful of formations with just little variations.

That's a big reason why the Cowboys have struggled for years IMO; when the owner/GM/CEO/monarch/cryptkeeper cares more about entertainment value, flash, power consolidation and revenue than he does about winning football.

Tennessee's a blend of the old school and the new.

Yup. It's everything that sports media hates:
- quiet
- not flashy
- located in a part of the country that some pretend doesn't exist
- work as a team and not for themselves
- don't endlessly trope on about non-football issues
- they're not LeBron James

That's why I would like them a lot if they weren't f***ing up the COVID situation so badly.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Just some of your posts week 17 in 2018 season or around that time

Your post when Tannehill was traded

I think this is clearly a hindsight influenced take from yourself

You hated Tannehill and trashed him constantly here

Sure. Like I said I wanted him gone but because of the fact the Dolphins f*** up everything they touch there was a less than zero chance he would flourish elsewhere.

Also imagining being that much of a troglodyte you have to go dig back like 2 years to prove a point to make yourself feel good.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Sure. Like I said I wanted him gone but because of the fact the Dolphins f*** up everything they touch there was a less than zero chance he would flourish elsewhere.

Also imagining being that much of a troglodyte you have to go dig back like 2 years to prove a point to make yourself feel good.

Tannehill needed a fresh start, so did the Dolphins who rid themselves of Adam Gase.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I

The Bills are better than Arizona and will definitely beat NE if Newton isn't playing (and may well beat them anyways.) Seattle is winning by the skin of their teeth, wouldn't be shocking if they lose one to the Bills. KC I'll give you, they're coming off a loss and I expect them to be pissed and take it out on the Bills' suddenly (as of this year) inadequate defense.

Jebus dude, how long do you think covid lasts? Game is Nov 1st.

Keep counting the Patriots out, that thinking has played out well for Buffalo over the last 20 years. The Bills are not impressive, scary or dominate. See ya in a couple of weeks.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Keep counting the Patriots out, that thinking has played out well for Buffalo over the last 20 years. The Bills are not impressive, scary or dominate. See ya in a couple of weeks.

It's been 20 years, but it's not gonna last 25 years.

The Caps turned the tables on the Pens. Nothing lasts forever.

Plus, the Pats have a losing record vs Buffalo when Brady doesn't play.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
It's been 20 years, but it's not gonna last 25 years.

The Caps turned the tables on the Pens. Nothing lasts forever.

Plus, the Pats have a losing record vs Buffalo when Brady doesn't play.

Bills may just win the division, anything is possible. I won’t call the division won until December or January because it is going to be close between both teams. But if you want to be continually impressed by a team that just got curb stomped by a team that couldn’t practice for two weeks while having 10 days themselves to prep against, than by all means, crown the Bills.

Edit: what the heck does that mean? Pats have a losing record without Brady? One frinking game when the Pats had to start their third stringer QB? A Matt Cassel led Pats beat the Bills in both games in 2008. The overall series is NE 76-43-1. New England’s dominance over the Bills goes back to 1960 except for those few Bills SB years.

Last edited:

member 157595

Well actually, some of the effects can be permanent with certain people, though it's unlikely for Newton.

Also, what the f*** are you talking about re: counting the Patriots out? Why are you directing that at me? For one, I never did anything of the sort (no, saying that the Bills *could* beat them is NOT counting them out), and two I'm not a Bills fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad