Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The same team lead by Bergeron blew a 3-1 lead on the Panthers after being the most dominant regular season team in years if not history against a real Cinderella team… the Leafs were favored in this series by most.
Saying the Panthers were a Cinderella team last season sounds good for beating down on Boston, but it’s just not accurate. They won the president’s trophy the season previous, and were a much better team than people try to portray when saying “eight seed”.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Toronto should trade Matthews. The return would be insane and the team just seems to play better without him, especially in the playoffs. Relying on one guy to do all the scoring doesn't work in the post season and everyone just stands around and expects Matthews to win them the games and he can't... it really would be the best for the franchise to get more balanced that way. Matthews would easily fetch a legitimate #1 +prospects + some scoring depth to the line up.
Pittsburgh also does well without Sid and Gino. Obviously tiny samples of a team playing with extra determination would be idiotic to assume would be the norm without Matthews. I know, you were trying to be funny or clever. Don't give up, could still work out for you.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
No, 2018 Boston went up 2-0 and eventually 3-1 before we clawed back and lost game 7. 2019 Leafs went up 3-2 then blew the last two games.
Yes, I remember 2019 Game 6 in Toronto was an afternoon game. It was a Sunday. Maybe Easter?

I remember I was visiting family, and I don't really like them. Must have been a holiday.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The Leafs did win both elimination games, but they didn't kick ass.
200w (21).gif

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Please don’t tell me you actually think we are better off without him? It’s a ridiculous line of thinking. First of all we are getting a save the last few games and second Matthews is also a great defensive player. The players should be given a lot of credit for what they did the last two games. There is no reason to get into silly hot takes about how we don’t need a 69 goal scorer lol

He's right though, for some reason the Leafs have looked like a different (better) team without him in this series. :dunno:

If Matthews returns tomorrow and Boston wins in a laugher, is it just a coincidence?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
That is a patently false statement. Wow.

Perhaps in Canada.... 90% of casual American hockey fans will not even know Matthews' name let alone have feelings towards the Leafs. The us against the world narrative is aggressively pushed by Toronto and its media to give a sense of belonging to rally around. It works for Toronto.

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
No, 2018 Boston went up 2-0 and eventually 3-1 before we clawed back and lost game 7. 2019 Leafs went up 3-2 then blew the last two games.

But lets not pretend Toronto is the only team with heartache.

One of those is the SC Finals. So theres that at least.

Loving this chirping. Its early in the morning and its already going. And I'm here for it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I guarantee not many Leafs fans are assuming a win Saturday. We've been hurt before. I almost feel like Boston let the Leafs back in it just to crush our souls even worse this time.
Lol because that's a thing people do.

I'm sure most of Leaf Nation doesn't know what to expect however this is the rare season that Bruins losing might be more interesting than us winning. It would be very liberating to watch them blow it up.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Capitals would have beat Boston, that’s how shit they’ve been

Not true at all. Bruins would have swept NYI or Washington. Clearly something mental with the Leafs. Last night was far better than game 5 however. Bruins matched Toronto well enough in play, simply did not execute on shooting which is baffling and embarrassing on its own. Toronto has hardly created high danger chances themselves.

After two games of this it is indeed clear Florida is going to obliterate the winner.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Honestly if you asked me who has more pressure imo it’s Boston. The Leafs were heading towards a 5 game shit fest and possibly the core being blown up and that could still happen if they lose Saturday but they’re playing with house money. Boston blowing 3-1 leads on home ice in game 7 is for the record books in a bad way

No team in sports history has blown two 3-1 series leads in back to back years

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Perhaps in Canada.... 90% of casual American hockey fans will not even know Matthews' name let alone have feelings towards the Leafs. The us against the world narrative is aggressively pushed by Toronto and its media to give a sense of belonging to rally around. It works for Toronto.
90% of American hockey fans can't identify their best player ever. Hard to believe. Americans in general sure, but real hockey fans? Absurd statement despite him playing in such a small market and on such a low profile team.

Funniest post of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad