NCAA GDT: Week 4

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Also, why is there a PSU fan trying to convince everyone that the kid diddling program is the best thing we’ve ever seen?
How long are we going to penalize the current players/coaching staff for the sins of Sandusky etc.? Time to move on and realize Penn State is back. As someone who had to deal with all the hate towards The U back in the glory days, I admire @Rossi Rat for standing up for his team.

They ARE!

Reactions: Rossi Rat

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
How long are we going to penalize the current players/coaching staff for the sins of Sandusky etc.? Time to move on and realize Penn State is back. As someone who had to deal with all the hate towards The U back in the glory days, I admire @Rossi Rat for standing up for his team.

They ARE!

Probably because what happened there had nothing to do with football and it was a cover up of a heinous crime.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

They ARE!

Standing up for his team?

He comes in and brags about beating Illinois and then shuts up when they get whipped by actual talented teams. Maybe if he showed up in the loses (or didn't make excuse after excuse) but acting like they are the greatest thing since sliced bread when beating up nobodies isn't admirable.

And when your coach is James Franklin you deserve any ridicule you get.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Notre Dame should have started Book all year. Wimbush being an inconsistent passer is why they've played tight games with lesser teams.
You're hundred percent correct. I expected him to be better, but not looking like the offensive machine that Wake Forest is making them appear to be.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Hope Scott Frost didn't buy a house in Nebraska...

I think Scott Frost could go 0-80 and the media and Nebraska fans would still talk about what a great coach he is.

He is safe as can be there as Nebraska seems to have shifted their delusions about how great their program is to delusions about what Frost will do there.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Probably because what happened there had nothing to do with football and it was a cover up of a heinous crime.
I won't deny that, but it still has nothing to do with today's team. Now, they very well may lose to Ohio State & that will be the end of any championship talk, but personally I admire how quickly they have been able to rebuild the program & will not hold the sins of the past regime against this group.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Scott Frost could go 0-80 and the media and Nebraska fans would still talk about what a great coach he is.

He is safe as can be there as Nebraska seems to have shifted their delusions about how great their program is to delusions about what Frost will do there.

He’ll get it turned around in the long run I think but the recruiting foot print will limit their ceiling. The move to the Big Ten hurt their Texas pipeline & Nebraska as state is probably one of the worst football recruit producing states in the entire country.

They don’t have draw in the big recruiting producing areas in the Big Ten footprint (OH, DMV, NJ, PA, MI, etc.)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I won't deny that, but it still has nothing to do with today's team. Now, they very well may lose to Ohio State & that will be the end of any championship talk, but personally I admire how quickly they have been able to rebuild the program & will not hold the sins of the past regime against this group.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I'm in the same boat as those who just can't forget. They do have a good team and credit to them, but the Sandusky thing is what it is, and it is a permanent taint on the institution. Similar to Catholic priests.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
He’ll get it turned around in the long run I think but the recruiting foot print will limit their ceiling. The move to the Big Ten hurt their Texas pipeline & Nebraska as state is probably one of the worst football recruit producing states in the entire country.

Nebraska and Arkansas are probably the two worst recruiting bases as far as P5 schools go.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

They don’t have draw in the big recruiting producing areas in the Big Ten footprint (OH, DMV, NJ, PA, MI, etc.)

I don't think he is terrible and he may even be very good but the way the media and Nebraska treat him is that he is a top 5 coach that will have Nebraska back to competing for NC's and I don't think he is at that level.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nebraska and Arkansas are probably the two worst recruiting bases as far as P5 schools go.

Yeah expectations are at least lower at Arkansas though. You stay in the 8-9 win range give or take there & fans are happy.

I think Nebraska fans are thinking the 90’s are coming back with Frost. Those days are just gone regardless of who’s the coach. I think they need to look at like Wisconsin type ceiling as more realistic if anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad