Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Think back before the civil suit was filed. What were the media and fans saying? How this was all a work by Brown and the Patriots so he could end up here. He shot his way out of Oakland and planned to come here, right? They had an issue with this happening from the jump, so don't delude yourselves into thinking the hatred of the Patriots and the threat of them winning another title doesn't come into play with how hard people dug to find stories that made Brown look even worse than he really is. Which is no small feat.

People were legitimately saying that the Patriots should be investigated for tampering.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
People were legitimately saying that the Patriots should be investigated for tampering.

Exactly. And despite there not being any impropriety on the Pats part. So to say this is all Brown just being a moron is a gross oversimplification. This is Brown being a moron AND an agenda driven event.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I wonder what would happen if Brown signed with media favourite Aaron Rodgers and came out with a scathing statement about the Pats organization

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
And yet the victim never filed a criminal complaint and instead went after money. There are holes in both sides of this story, and it's not my job to judge who is being truthful. You obviously have your mind made up and it shows in everything you post.

And again, my point is and has been that it would be a lot different had it been any other team besides the Pats. You want to make it about him being a dirtbag, which is not something I'm arguing against. Just that this was all done via the court of public opinion and not in any legally binding court room and that since it involved a team the rest of the world hates to see win, it was amplified.

But feel free to continue arguing against nothing I've actually said. :laugh:

He’s an idiot and I don’t feel bad for him. Yes, my mind is made up.

Even if he’s innocent on the charges, that doesn’t change the fact that I think people should be expected to act like reasonable and decent human beings. He doesn’t do that for me. And I’m hardly being told to feel that way. There’s plenty there to see for anyone who wants to look at this with an unbiased eye.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I wonder what would happen if Brown signed with media favourite Aaron Rodgers and came out with a scathing statement about the Pats organization

Now the same things would happen because it's become a big story. But had he signed with Seattle or Green Bay after Oakland, I doubt it would have ended like it did here in New England. The woman would have filed her suit and the league would have dealt with it accordingly. I doubt the guy from SI would have dug nearly as hard as he did because he's been writing anti Patriots stuff for years. The hate of all things Patriots made it that much sweeter for him to uncover, IMO.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
He’s an idiot and I don’t feel bad for him. Yes, my mind is made up.

Even if he’s innocent on the charges, that doesn’t change the fact that I think people should be expected to act like reasonable and decent human beings. He doesn’t do that for me. And I’m hardly being told to feel that way. There’s plenty there to see for anyone who wants to look at this with an unbiased eye.

But there aren't any charges. Just a civil law suit. People keep saying charges, which is what should have happened if he did what the woman claims, but she didn't file criminal charges. She went for the money, which makes her claim a touch dubious.

As for being a good person or decent human being, most professional athletes are not that at all. They're flawed individuals, just like the rest of society.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Now the same things would happen because it's become a big story. But had he signed with Seattle or Green Bay after Oakland, I doubt it would have ended like it did here in New England. The woman would have filed her suit and the league would have dealt with it accordingly. I doubt the guy from SI would have dug nearly as hard as he did because he's been writing anti Patriots stuff for years. The hate of all things Patriots made it that much sweeter for him to uncover, IMO.

I also wonder if the reporter writing this story so it could be litigated in the court of public opinion hurt the situation of Browns accuser. Now Brown is unemployed with no gueranteed money to pay her with. I doubt the reporter had her best interests in mind rather he was thinking only of himself and used her to go after the Patriots. Probably better for all parties that a civil case like this was not made public. Does this reporter report on all NFL civil cases?

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I also wonder if the reporter writing this story so it could be litigated in the court of public opinion hurt the situation of Browns accuser. Now Brown is unemployed with no gueranteed money to pay her with. I doubt the reporter had her best interests in mind rather he was thinking only of himself and used her to go after the Patriots

He writes for SI and the MMQB part of that magazine/website. Albert Breer (works with him) was on T&R yesterday saying how that Klemko had 4 more stories to run with from other accusers already lined up and was still digging. It will be interesting to see how they play out now that the Pats cut him and he's not on a team. But yeah, the original accuser has to be concerned now that he doesn't have any income.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
But there aren't any charges. Just a civil law suit. People keep saying charges, which is what should have happened if he did what the woman claims, but she didn't file criminal charges. She went for the money, which makes her claim a touch dubious.

As for being a good person or decent human being, most professional athletes are not that at all. They're flawed individuals, just like the rest of society.

Yes, I agree all people are flawed.

In my book, that is a laughably light word to use when referencing AB.

Conversation is going nowhere. Let’s agree to disagree.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes, I agree all people are flawed.

In my book, that is a laughably light word to use when referencing AB.

Conversation is going nowhere. Let’s agree to disagree.

Sure, not even a worry. You and I aren't really on different sides of this though. I agree he's a dirt bag and wish he hadn't been brought in to start with. But I also think a big part of the reason people started digging so hard was due to him coming here coupled with their intense dislike of the Pats. It's simply another factor. Is it the main reason? No, that's Brown doing the stuff he does, obviously.

Think of it this way. Had Brown signed with Seattle or KC so fast instead of NE, what would the national reaction had been? It surely wouldn't have been that either of those teams colluded with him to orchestrate his way out of Oakland. That I'm positive of.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No worries

Approximately 20% of the population has an IQ below 88 which would translate to about 60-70 M Americans

I’m sure these ‘low IQ’ individuals think the Patriots should be investigated and cheated to 6 SB

Things make much more sense and easier to understand when you realize not everyone can be stable geniuses

Reactions: CDJ

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Sure, not even a worry. You and I aren't really on different sides of this though. I agree he's a dirt bag and wish he hadn't been brought in to start with. But I also think a big part of the reason people started digging so hard was due to him coming here coupled with their intense dislike of the Pats. It's simply another factor. Is it the main reason? No, that's Brown doing the stuff he does, obviously.

Think of it this way. Had Brown signed with Seattle or KC so fast instead of NE, what would the national reaction had been? It surely wouldn't have been that either of those teams colluded with him to orchestrate his way out of Oakland. That I'm positive of.

Yeah, I don’t know. I enjoy watching the Patriots play and win. He was considered an asshole before coming here and is more now.

The Patriots are the Yankees of football (in terms of winning) so of course the media writes negative stories. It feeds their audience. This is capitalism after all. In the case of a guy potentially being a rapist, however, I don’t think everyone is treating him much differently than they would with any other team. AB is plenty of a story by himself and having issues with his behavior is an obvious reaction regardless of team. But yes, of course the haters will use that against the Patriots. No shit.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-09-21-13-33-22~2.png

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Patriots get no points for releasing Antonio Brown

By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Staff,September 20, 2019

The spineless, silent Bob Kraft and the Patriots get no points for this move. No social justice medal. This is not 1996 when the late Myra Kraft successfully urged her husband to dump draft pick Christian Peter as soon as it was learned that the Nebraska linebacker was a sexual predator.

In this instance, the Patriots failed to do anything when it mattered. They ceded the moral high ground. The record will show that the holy trinity of Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady was all in on this guy. The Patriots played Brown against the Miami Dolphins (a 43-0 win in which Brown caught four passes, including a touchdown) with full knowledge that Brown was facing a rape allegation.

As usual, Kraft tried to have it both ways. He never said a word when the Patriots agreed to terms with Brown hours after the receiver got himself fired in Oakland. He never said anything when the sexual offense allegations surfaced two days later. He never said anything when it became clear that Brown would play Sunday in Miami.

Instead, the owner used his media cartel to float the notion that he never would have brought Brown to Foxborough if he had known about the impending lawsuit.

Not good enough. In January, when the Patriots owner was snagged in a prostitution sting in Florida, Kraft apologized and said, “I have extraordinary respect for women . . . I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions.’’

The team’s announcement of Brown’s release at 4:13 p.m. Friday was awash in cautious language. We got “appreciate the hard work” and “best to move in a different direction.’’ There was nothing about the seriousness of the allegations against Brown. Nothing about respect for women.

he's probably upset deep down Brown was released bc he like many other reporters were using this story to get airtime for themselves. Now we can get back to ignoring dan

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
There does seem to be Boston fans within the media and Boston itself who literally can't stand the Patriots success. Something I'll never understand I guess. Meanwhile I listen to Montreal radio and they are so desperate to win anything they can

Sounds like my aunt but she is like 70 something and a weirdo...............

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Greg Hardy is on the UFC card in Boston, I get to boo the shit out him. P stoked. Hopefully he gets dusted.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
With White out today, I really hope that they include Sony in the passing game. The offense will be much better if there's a threat to pass when he's out there.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad