Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

The biggest reason AB is gone is simply because it was the Pats and most of the world outside of New England didn't want him to be on this team, so they kept digging and digging until they got what they wanted. He obviously didn't do himself any favors with how dumb he is, but still. If he'd have stayed with Oakland or was on virtually any other team, he'd still be playing.

I think this sets a very dangerous precedent.

obviously still plenty of facts that need to be unearthed(don’t care if they come out to the public or not)...but it certainly felt like AB got sucked into the whole cancel culture thing when people start talking about farts

Reactions: Fossy21 and LSCII

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As has been mentioned in the past, but I’ll reiterate here:

This is a hockey board. We have a Patriots/NFL page as a courtesy to fans of that team/league.

While this thread is partially for the league as a whole, we treat it as though the Patriots are the home team. Hence, the rules which prohibit trolling apply in full.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The biggest reason AB is gone is simply because it was the Pats and most of the world outside of New England didn't want him to be on this team, so they kept digging and digging until they got what they wanted. He obviously didn't do himself any favors with how dumb he is, but still. If he'd have stayed with Oakland or was on virtually any other team, he'd still be playing.

Agree and this sounds familiar keep throwing accusations out there until one sticks or they get rid of you

Reactions: LSCII

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
AB’s whole thing of excusing his idiocy with a “people are just jealous” attitude is one of two things.

1. The words of a psycho/sociopath.

2. The words of someone with the maturity of a 12 year old.

Regardless, it’s genuinely difficult for me to defend him based on “innocent until proven guilty in a court of law” like I would for anyone else. You reach a point where you’re just asking for any trouble coming your way. In a perfect world, people who treat others like douche bags don’t deserve shit, so good riddance.

Reactions: CDJ

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Patriots get no points for releasing Antonio Brown

By Dan Shaughnessy Globe Staff,September 20, 2019

The spineless, silent Bob Kraft and the Patriots get no points for this move. No social justice medal. This is not 1996 when the late Myra Kraft successfully urged her husband to dump draft pick Christian Peter as soon as it was learned that the Nebraska linebacker was a sexual predator.

In this instance, the Patriots failed to do anything when it mattered. They ceded the moral high ground. The record will show that the holy trinity of Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady was all in on this guy. The Patriots played Brown against the Miami Dolphins (a 43-0 win in which Brown caught four passes, including a touchdown) with full knowledge that Brown was facing a rape allegation.

As usual, Kraft tried to have it both ways. He never said a word when the Patriots agreed to terms with Brown hours after the receiver got himself fired in Oakland. He never said anything when the sexual offense allegations surfaced two days later. He never said anything when it became clear that Brown would play Sunday in Miami.

Instead, the owner used his media cartel to float the notion that he never would have brought Brown to Foxborough if he had known about the impending lawsuit.

Not good enough. In January, when the Patriots owner was snagged in a prostitution sting in Florida, Kraft apologized and said, “I have extraordinary respect for women . . . I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions.’’

The team’s announcement of Brown’s release at 4:13 p.m. Friday was awash in cautious language. We got “appreciate the hard work” and “best to move in a different direction.’’ There was nothing about the seriousness of the allegations against Brown. Nothing about respect for women.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Public forum dude.

Regardless of how you feel about Portnoy, you don’t see even a slight bit of foolishness in the contradictions?

I haven’t been following the board close enough this summer to know what exactly your beef is with this particular poster, but why not just reply to the content instead of getting personal? Seems mighty unnecessary in that kind of situation.

Maybe it’s just me. After all, I’m no saint.
Well that is your issue.

I will wait for the person I replied to for the response.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

The spineless, silent Bob Kraft and the Patriots get no points for this move. No social justice medal. This is not 1996 when the late Myra Kraft successfully urged her husband to dump draft pick Christian Peter as soon as it was learned that the Nebraska linebacker was a sexual predator.

In this instance, the Patriots failed to do anything when it mattered. They ceded the moral high ground. The record will show that the holy trinity of Kraft, Bill Belichick, and Tom Brady was all in on this guy. The Patriots played Brown against the Miami Dolphins (a 43-0 win in which Brown caught four passes, including a touchdown) with full knowledge that Brown was facing a rape allegation.

As usual, Kraft tried to have it both ways. He never said a word when the Patriots agreed to terms with Brown hours after the receiver got himself fired in Oakland. He never said anything when the sexual offense allegations surfaced two days later. He never said anything when it became clear that Brown would play Sunday in Miami.

Instead, the owner used his media cartel to float the notion that he never would have brought Brown to Foxborough if he had known about the impending lawsuit.

Not good enough. In January, when the Patriots owner was snagged in a prostitution sting in Florida, Kraft apologized and said, “I have extraordinary respect for women . . . I expect to be judged not by my words, but by my actions.’’

The team’s announcement of Brown’s release at 4:13 p.m. Friday was awash in cautious language. We got “appreciate the hard work” and “best to move in a different direction.’’ There was nothing about the seriousness of the allegations against Brown. Nothing about respect for women.
What a troll

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I mean, I think it’s pretty clear Portnoy is joking.....

Attachments

• A71F078C-E7E3-4CAA-810D-20AE97291C99.png
    A71F078C-E7E3-4CAA-810D-20AE97291C99.png
    715.7 KB · Views: 6

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

Pathetic. Not good enough, CHB.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

Oh enough of the persecution complex, AB was a complete douche bag and is getting what he deserves.

Reactions: TD Charlie

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tough for me to think of him as a victim in light of his recent texts

Also CHB trying to pull the MHK card is cute. She was around when they traded for Corey Dillon. It’s such a lame card to pull, and it’s entirely based in emotion and not fact

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
How Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick arrived at decision to...

Patriots owner Robert Kraft and head coach Bill Belichick jointly determined Friday that wide receiver Antonio Brown had overstayed his welcome.

Kraft, who was on a business trip, became enraged Friday when he heard the details of Brown’s most recently reported incident of text messaging harassment of a former female acquaintance. Kraft and Belichick spoke and decided together to officially release Brown just 11 days after the Patriots signed the controversial star receiver, according to sources.

This all came to a head due to a pair of Sports Illustrated reports this week. First, it was reported Brown made unwanted sexual advances upon a female artist at his home in 2017. Then, it was reported Brown texted that woman Wednesday night, accusing her of fabricating that story in an attempt for financial gain.

As part of that text chain, which included five other people, Brown suggested to “look up her background history” and then included a photo of her children. The artist’s lawyer told Sports Illustrated her client wasn’t seeking money but just wanted the harassment to stop and reached out to the NFL to report the incident.

That was it for the Patriots, who were already dealing with a tumultuous start to Brown’s quick tenure. A day after he signed a contract worth $10 million guaranteed, Brown’s former trainer filed a civil lawsuit that accused him of rape and sexual assault. Brown denied the allegations through his lawyer.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Tough for me to think of him as a victim in light of his recent texts

Also CHB trying to pull the MHK card is cute. She was around when they traded for Corey Dillon. It’s such a lame card to pull, and it’s entirely based in emotion and not fact

There’s also the distinction that Peters had multiple convictions. Brown (as much of a piece of shit as he is) has been tried in the court of public opinion, drummed up by the often hypocritical (more so than he accuses Kraft of being) media, which is rarely held accountable.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad