Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
At the end of the day (or maybe in a year or two), this is all pretty sad. Reminds me of how I came to feel about the whole Aaron Hernandez situation.

Not the crime committed (or not), not who the player is as a person. But just the fact that IT IS A PERSON clearly with issues hurting other people and themselves. The ultimate “can’t get out of their own way” individual. It’s a spectacle. It’s funny sometimes. It’s maddening others.

But at the end of the day, it is just sad. No one is better off for any of it.

Reactions: Fossy21 and CDJ

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Not saying he’s guilty, but he certainly hasn’t done himself any favors since the moment he put pen to paper here. I find it hard to believe an innocent man would behave the way he has.

See ya

Reactions: CDJ

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not saying he’s guilty, but he certainly hasn’t done himself any favors since the moment he put pen to paper here. I find it hard to believe an innocent man would behave the way he has.

See ya

Wait, we talking OJ or AB?

But in all seriousness, I agree. Given the behavior and writing that we have seen, AB doesn’t really deserve anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt.

The implication that the guy is out of the NFL because of some sort of “conspiracy” against him, the Patriots, etc is extremely forced IMO. His behavior, aside from whether or not he is actually guilty, is deplorable. No team does, or should want to, put up with it.

I may on the more “free spirited” side of the political spectrum. But companies, even large corporations which I routinely rail on, are nothing short of intelligent to hold their players (employees) to behavioral standards. AB is lucky he made it to week 2 this year honestly.

Reactions: CDJ and TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wait, we talking OJ or AB?

But in all seriousness, I agree. Given the behavior and writing that we have seen, AB doesn’t really deserve anyone giving him the benefit of the doubt.

The implication that the guy is out of the NFL because of some sort of “conspiracy” against him, the Patriots, etc is extremely forced IMO. His behavior, aside from whether or not he is actually guilty, is deplorable. No team does, or should want to, put up with it.

I may on the more “free spirited” side of the political spectrum. But companies, even large corporations which I routinely rail on, are nothing short of intelligent to hold their players (employees) to behavioral standards. AB is lucky he made it to week 2 this year honestly.

A-freakin-men. Owners don’t want this on their team.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Oh enough of the persecution complex, AB was a complete *****e bag and is getting what he deserves.

Who said he wasn't a dirt bag? All I said was that the fans and media of the rest of the league were pissed the Pats had even signed him, so when they got a chance at making things difficult for the Pats to keep him, they took every shot they could.

Reactions: Fossy21

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Think back before the civil suit was filed. What were the media and fans saying? How this was all a work by Brown and the Patriots so he could end up here. He shot his way out of Oakland and planned to come here, right? They had an issue with this happening from the jump, so don't delude yourselves into thinking the hatred of the Patriots and the threat of them winning another title doesn't come into play with how hard people dug to find stories that made Brown look even worse than he really is. Which is no small feat.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I believe Seattle reached out to Brown as well, I bet if he signed with them he's playing this week with Russell Wilson. The moment he signed with NE combined with the helmet situation in Oakland the story took over football. Every reporter from coast to coast descended on Foxborough, I saw Dan Shaughnessy getting a morning spot on CNN getting his chance to take a knock at NE fans. Im glad this is over though, all those pat hating reporters can go away for at least a little while, no story they can cover will quite match this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Think back before the civil suit was filed. What were the media and fans saying? How this was all a work by Brown and the Patriots so he could end up here. He shot his way out of Oakland and planned to come here, right? They had an issue with this happening from the jump, so don't delude yourselves into thinking the hatred of the Patriots and the threat of them winning another title doesn't come into play with how hard people dug to find stories that made Brown look even worse than he really is. Which is no small feat.

I would have been onboard with this until he sent the most recent texts. I think he’s gone from any franchise in the league if he follows the same timeline elsewhere

I just can’t feel bad for the guy and I can’t feel bad as a pats fan for him being gone. He’s not needed, there’s no of reason to put up with him continuing to harass these people

If he doesn’t send the texts he’s still here

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I hope the Pats can get Brady a few more playmakers on offense. He still does not have a #1 TE and I'm not convinced Gordon will make it through the season. With Edelman getting older he will have to handle a heavier work load with AB gone now. With the offensive line being as banged up as it is, an injury to a playermaker on offense will hurt them in the power rankings going against KC

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Who said he wasn't a dirt bag? All I said was that the fans and media of the rest of the league were pissed the Pats had even signed him, so when they got a chance at making things difficult for the Pats to keep him, they took every shot they could.

Honestly, whatever.

The dude sent a text essentially admitting he sexually assaulted a woman. Yeah, let’s hold those evil fans and the media accountable for his demise.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Honestly, whatever.

The dude sent a text essentially admitting he sexually assaulted a woman. Yeah, let’s hold those evil fans and the media accountable for his demise.

And yet the victim never filed a criminal complaint and instead went after money. There are holes in both sides of this story, and it's not my job to judge who is being truthful. You obviously have your mind made up and it shows in everything you post.

And again, my point is and has been that it would be a lot different had it been any other team besides the Pats. You want to make it about him being a dirtbag, which is not something I'm arguing against. Just that this was all done via the court of public opinion and not in any legally binding court room and that since it involved a team the rest of the world hates to see win, it was amplified.

But feel free to continue arguing against nothing I've actually said. :laugh:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
What is wrong with what I said ? I didn't realize this is the the Pats are great thread, ONLY ball washers need apply.

No. But as it always has been and in our rules that this board is considered home board for all Boston teams.

To that end if there may be a poster that wants to troll a GDT or a Celts, Sox or Patriots it is advised they go elsewhere . Like the general boards or to a team board for the team they cheer for.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I would have been onboard with this until he sent the most recent texts. I think he’s gone from any franchise in the league if he follows the same timeline elsewhere

I just can’t feel bad for the guy and I can’t feel bad as a pats fan for him being gone. He’s not needed, there’s no of reason to put up with him continuing to harass these people

If he doesn’t send the texts he’s still here

He definitely didn't do himself any favors, but virtually everything that's been said are nothing more than rumors and not criminal. That may obviously change, but right now it's nothing formal. Him being stupid enough to text that painter shows a complete lack of common sense and that he's tone deaf when it comes to the situation he's really in. Same thing with his IG posts.

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
What is wrong with what I said ? I didn't realize this is the the Pats are great thread, ONLY ball washers need apply.

All of your posts are lazy. You just shit on the Patriots at all times in every post. On the Patriots board. And then wonder why people don’t want you posting here.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
All of your posts are lazy. You just **** on the Patriots at all times in every post. On the Patriots board. And then wonder why people don’t want you posting here.

There does seem to be Boston fans within the media and Boston itself who literally can't stand the Patriots success. Something I'll never understand I guess. Meanwhile I listen to Montreal radio and they are so desperate to win anything they can

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad