Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 24: Keep Rolling, @B-Lose, vs. BJs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
More subliminals at the old #12. Good.
In the Russo article last week, Rantanen said that losing Bo hurts because he's a great person and a good player, but that's the business we are in. Nothing about 'ol RyJo.

I wonder if the rumours by Dater about there being adrift in the locker room between RyJo and some players was true. Early in the season, RyJo seemed like a great locker room guy (organized the t-shirts in remembrance for Mansons late mom for an example), but I could see it getting on the nerves of guys like MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen if someone clearly isn't putting in the effort.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
In the Russo article last week, Rantanen said that losing Bo hurts because he's a great person and a good player, but that's the business we are in. Nothing about 'ol RyJo.

I wonder if the rumours by Dater about there being adrift in the locker room between RyJo and some players was true. Early in the season, RyJo seemed like a great locker room guy (organized the t-shirts in remembrance for Mansons late mom for an example), but I could see it getting on the nerves of guys like MacKinnon, Makar and Rantanen if someone clearly isn't putting in the effort.
Toews said on two separate occasions during the season that not everyone had bought in. There was speculation he was referring to Bo (the more I think about it the more I think he wasn't) but there can't be much doubt those were shots at Johansen. At some point the lazy-ass soft play, and being deployed like a 4th line center even though he was listed as the 2nd line center, had to take a toll in the room.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Toews said on two separate occasions during the season that not everyone had bought in. There was speculation he was referring to Bo (the more I think about it the more I think he wasn't) but there can't be much doubt those were shots at Johansen. At some point the lazy-ass soft play, and being deployed like a 4th line center even though he was listed as the 2nd line center, had to take a toll in the room.
I said it a while back but idgaf how good of a guy you are, if you consistently put half-hearted efforts on the ice I would hate your guts. And that's playing men's league hockey where nobody gets paid. This guy collecting an 8M paycheque and looks like he'd rather be eating donuts and drinking beers during games.

I imagine Nathan MacKinnon would be fuming with this guy almost nightly.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
The Art Ross winner hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 08-09 when Evgeni Malkin had a season for the ages.

Let Nate get pissed and focus on the Smythe.
Glad I’m not the only one to notice this interesting coincidence. As long as Mack is close, there’s a good chance the narratives carry him through to the Hart even without the Art Ross

Reactions: Spirits

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Georgiev has been heating up.

January: 3.03 GAA, .895 sv%
February: 2.77 GAA, .909 sv%
March: 2.35 GAA, .919sv%

Hopefully the trend continues. If he can give us .919 in the playoffs I'll be escatic.

His rebound control still scares the shit out of me

But our team defense is better now to clear reboudns and at least he is stopping the shots in the first place

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Glad I’m not the only one to notice this interesting coincidence. As long as Mack is close, there’s a good chance the narratives carry him through to the Hart even without the Art Ross
He really is due a Hart.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Modelos going down like water at this point

IMG_0828.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad