Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 24: Keep Rolling, @B-Lose, vs. BJs

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
It goes back to when Farmers needed the extra hour of daylight in the morning to work. With modern technology, electricity, and vehicles, there's no need for it. There hasn't been a need for it in 60+ years. Everyone (well everyone I know) hates it. There are some states (like Arizona and Hawaii) that went away from it years ago. It's dumb that some states observe it, and some don't. Like you said, do away with it, and be done with it.
I love it in the fall and hate in the soring

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Last 7 games of the season are something

8jYCABh.png

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Nice. They’ll be well well prepared to play playoff hockey ending the season with that schedule. Hopefully they can enter fairly healthy.
That game in Vegas..... Maybe sit some of the big guns because i know whats to come with these motherf***ers from Nevada.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Could be.

Or maybe we'd be giving up fewer goals against with better puck possession in all 3 zones, along with better defensive zone coverage.
But he's never given us that.

And if he did he'd be the best player in the world.

I don't have a problem with people calling out Mikko for being frustrating, but I think the fan base is not being very realistic about replacing him by committee.

Of course, if they have to do that then so be it, but I don't think that improves the team.

Last edited:

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith

I don't have a problem with people calling out Mikko for being frustrating, but I think the fan base is not being very realistic about replacing him by committee.

Of course, if they have to do that then so be it, but I don't think that improves the team.
There were a handful of plays against the oil where Mikko skated into the O-zone with the puck, ran into 3 oil players, and lost possession of the puck. Dumb hockey.

I also see him gliding around the D-zone without moving his feet and not pressuring the opposing Dmen when they have the puck.

Look, I get it that he'll never play like Nuke or Lehkonen (two players whose overall hockey value I place above Rants), but going one-on-three and not not moving feet to show some GAF on D are two areas where I'd want to see improvement as we move towards the playoffs.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland

I've been one of the most vocal persons about trading Mikko. I love the talent that he has, I even have his jersey.

The reason I want to be aggressive about it is because I don't think we can ice s cup contending team if we give Mikko 13M annually. It destroys the possibility to have depth.

I also think it's horrible asset management to let him walk as an UFA. We could get a kings ransom by trading him next summer - a lot of future pieces that could extend our window as young talent with ELCs/cheap contracts enter the roster. We'd also be able to sign a top six winger to replace him.

I hope everyone appreciates what Mikko brings but we live in a cap world. Of course if Landeskog LTIRetires we won't have problem with Mikko.

BoneCherry

Nov 19, 2021
Dallas
I've been one of the most vocal persons about trading Mikko. I love the talent that he has, I even have his jersey.

The reason I want to be aggressive about it is because I don't think we can ice s cup contending team if we give Mikko 13M annually. It destroys the possibility to have depth.

I also think it's horrible asset management to let him walk as an UFA. We could get a kings ransom by trading him next summer - a lot of future pieces that could extend our window as young talent with ELCs/cheap contracts enter the roster. We'd also be able to sign a top six winger to replace him.

I hope everyone appreciates what Mikko brings but we live in a cap world. Of course if Landeskog LTIRetires we won't have problem with Mikko.
That's about where I am. He returns the most assets and solidifies everything for a long time. I like him as a player, but I like the returns available immediately more.

Saying that, it's how I would do things. I will be surprised if the Avs think that way.

Reactions: MarkT

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
There were a handful of plays against the oil where Mikko skated into the O-zone with the puck, ran into 3 oil players, and lost possession of the puck. Dumb hockey.

I also see him gliding around the D-zone without moving his feet and not pressuring the opposing Dmen when they have the puck.

Look, I get it that he'll never play like Nuke or Lehkonen (two players whose overall hockey value I place above Rants), but going one-on-three and not not moving feet to show some GAF on D are two areas where I'd want to see improvement as we move towards the playoffs.
Valuing Lehkonen over Mikko is absurd…

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

I’m not really pro or anti trade Mikko. I think if the cap situation is that dire you at least need to see what you can get for him. If something makes sense then sure. But you also just can’t trade him to create cap space, there’s a fine line with a Mikko trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad