Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 24: Keep Rolling, @B-Lose, vs. BJs

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Oh good if they call up Jiricek, Pascal will play him for like, ten minutes and probably bury him in the defensive zone for all of them.
In all fairness would you want our top prospect on a dumpster fire of a team in a throw away season?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
BJ's tomorrow!! :nod:
I'm actually strangely apprehensive about this one. The Avs have rattled off 7 straight wins and appear to be getting better with the new players.

Getting shutout by Tarasov or Elvis while also being limited to less than 20 shots on goal just seems like the most Avalanche thing that could happen.

I mean, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that happens, but it just seems like the sort of game the Avs would just drop out of nowhere.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I'm actually strangely apprehensive about this one. The Avs have rattled off 7 straight wins and appear to be getting better with the new players.

Getting shutout by Tarasov or Elvis while also being limited to less than 20 shots on goal just seems like the most Avalanche thing that could happen.

I mean, there's not a snowballs chance in hell that happens, but it just seems like the sort of game the Avs would just drop out of nowhere.
This is no longer that Avs team. We have Mittelstadt now.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
IMG_1707.jpeg

Future Avs goalie Elvis Merzlikins taking in the Nuggets/Knicks game last night. Also joined the team for shootaround earlier.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ew. I don't want Elvis anywhere near this team. Even BJ fans hate the guy, and not just because he sucks this year.
I'm mostly being facetious but if Georgiev doesn't get the job done this year and the Columbus Blue Jarmoless can be convinced to retain half his salary...it wouldn't be the worst replacement option.

Either way that guy has GOT to get out of Lumbus. Whether or not he regains his form is still a huge question mark, but that man needs a fresh start elsewhere in the worst way.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm mostly being facetious but if Georgiev doesn't get the job done this year and the Columbus Blue Jarmoless can be convinced to retain half his salary...it wouldn't be the worst replacement option.

Either way that guy has GOT to get out of Lumbus. Whether or not he regains his form is still a huge question mark, but that man needs a fresh start elsewhere in the worst way.
I'd take Fourgiev every day of the week over even a regained form Elvis. This is a guy who thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong. He's a locker room cancer - I don't care if he's good - and he's not even good!

I'd also argue Columbus needs a fresh start away from him more than he needs a fresh start elsewhere.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd take Fourgiev every day of the week over even a regained form Elvis. This is a guy who thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and blames everyone but himself when things go wrong. He's a locker room cancer - I don't care if he's good - and he's not even good!

I'd also argue Columbus needs a fresh start away from him more than he needs a fresh start elsewhere.
There's evidence of him being a locker room cancer? There's far more compelling evidence that it's Georgiev who blames his teammates. I've never seen Elvis smack one of his defensemen in the leg for screening him, for example.

And FTR I don't really hold that stuff against Georgiev. I maintain that goalies are completely crazypants. Just like the goon is usually the most charming and effervescent personality in any given NHL locker room, the goalie is usually the most unhinged and weird.

Reactions: The Moops

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
He's totally broken, possibly (likely) beyond repair. No, no and no again. Elvis at 50% would be an extension of the RyJo experiment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad