Pre-Game Talk: WEEK 24: Keep Rolling, @B-Lose, vs. BJs

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hopefully Fourgiev stays hot. I'd give Annunen the start against BJ though.

Hopefully this is the week Bednar put Mittelstadt with Rantanen, they seem like such a natural fit together. Both likes to slow the game down, one's a passer and the other is a shooter.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
Hopefully Fourgiev stays hot. I'd give Annunen the start against BJ though.

Hopefully this is the week Bednar put Mittelstadt with Rantanen, they seem like such a natural fit together. Both likes to slow the game down, one's a passer and the other is a shooter.
Rants doesn't slow the game down, he just plays slow. Or falls down with and without the puck.

Maybe putting him with a puck distributor will wake him up and get him firing shots on net.

Put Val with MacK for the fear factor.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Rants doesn't slow the game down, he just plays slow. Or falls down with and without the puck.

Maybe putting him with a puck distributor will wake him up and get him firing shots on net.

Put Val with MacK for the fear factor.
Please tell us what Mikko has done to you.

Was it your sister or your girlfriend?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Give Annunen one game. Georgiev has looked better with more rest. He needs it heading into the playoffs.

Also, weeks end on Sunday. Avs play Sunday. Mfers.

For the 764th time, not in the US. They start Sunday, and end on Saturday. Ever looked at a calendar? From left to right, it goes S, M, T, W, T, F, S.

Calendar.jpg

Avs are in the US. US calendars start on Sunday. We've been over this ad nauseam.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For the 764th time, not in the US. They start Sunday, and end on Saturday. Ever looked at a calendar? From left to right, it goes S, M, T, W, T, F, S.

View attachment 837949
On our northern run in '96 my watch section annotated every day as a Monday. Monday March 18th followed by Monday March 19th, etc...6 freaking months of Mondays. By the time our Engineer figured out what we were doing we had been at it for 4 months and he just let us continue.

Y'all get bugged out over the calendar starting on Sunday or Monday...I'm almost afraid to ask what folks think of day-light saving time (or more accurately, our infatuation with trying to "save" one hour of sunlight at the cost of sleep deprivation for weeks on end).

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
On our northern run in '96 my watch section annotated every day as a Monday. Monday March 18th followed by Monday March 19th, etc...6 freaking months of Mondays. By the time our Engineer figured out what we were doing we had been at it for 4 months and he just let us continue.

Y'all get bugged out over the calendar starting on Sunday or Monday...I'm almost afraid to ask what folks think of day-light saving time (or more accurately, our infatuation with trying to "save" one hour of sunlight at the cost of sleep deprivation for weeks on end).
DST should be permanent. Much rather have an "extra" hour of daylight in the afternoon than at 6 am. I HATE that it gets dark at 4:15 in the afternoon in December.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I don't mind falling back, but yeah. Springing forward can suck the biggest, fattest one. There's also a lot of data that shows it's really, really bad for us. I remember watching a video that stated, the Monday after springing forward, hospitals see a 25% increase in heart attacks.

Reactions: MarkT

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
DST should be permanent. Much rather have an "extra" hour of daylight in the afternoon than at 6 am. I HATE that it gets dark at 4:15 in the afternoon in December.
I just want folks to pick one and be done with it. Makes absolutely no difference to me. We actually have an average daily change of about 7 minutes of sunlight a day in Alaska. Forcing folks to change the clocks twice a year is sheer lunacy. The fact that we still have this law on the books tells you everything you need to know about politicians. They just want power to make humans do stupid tricks.

Reactions: missionAvs

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I just want folks to pick one and be done with it. Makes absolutely no difference to me. We actually have an average daily change of about 7 minutes of sunlight a day in Alaska. Forcing folks to change the clocks twice a year is sheer lunacy. The fact that we still have this law on the books tells you everything you need to know about politicians. They just want power to make humans do stupid tricks.
It goes back to when Farmers needed the extra hour of daylight in the morning to work. With modern technology, electricity, and vehicles, there's no need for it. There hasn't been a need for it in 60+ years. Everyone (well everyone I know) hates it. There are some states (like Arizona and Hawaii) that went away from it years ago. It's dumb that some states observe it, and some don't. Like you said, do away with it, and be done with it.

Reactions: MarkT

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I land in Denver on Friday around lunch time, will be at the Columbus and Pittsburgh games before flying back out Sunday night.

Staying at the Hyatt. Mitchells are away for Spring Break to NYC(weird choice for spring break) and I don't want to cramp any of the guys this late in the season.

My wife and Allie(Cogs' wife) worked something out for Saturday, but it involves going up to the Rockies. Might stay in town instead with the boys. Promise I won't get them f***ed up, I want to see a win against the Pens on Sunday afternoon. :D

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Avs are in the US. US calendars start on Sunday. We've been over this ad nauseam.
So do Canadian ones so it’s random that this is an issue for any one other than the Europeans and Aussies on here

Edit: to the other debate - standard time year round. As much as people like it being light out after work, it’s more important to get the sunlight in the morning in the winter months to regulate your circadian rhythms than have it after work

Reactions: sethro109

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I land in Denver on Friday around lunch time, will be at the Columbus and Pittsburgh games before flying back out Sunday night.

Staying at the Hyatt. Mitchells are away for Spring Break to NYC(weird choice for spring break) and I don't want to cramp any of the guys this late in the season.

My wife and Allie(Cogs' wife) worked something out for Saturday, but it involves going up to the Rockies. Might stay in town instead with the boys. Promise I won't get them f***ed up, I want to see a win against the Pens on Sunday afternoon. :D
Just remember not to stare too long when Gabe enters a room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad