NFL GDT: Week 2

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
They scored in 1 game.

Their offense scored 20 points last game.

They are elite but more like #3 instead of #1 after Buffalo and Chargers
That same offensive juggernaut Chargers team that hasn't eclipsed 24 points yet and nearly gagged away a game against what looks to be yet another aggressively average Raiders team? The Chargers are good, I don't know what they've actually done to be considered better than the Chiefs at this point, and now their stud QB has a rib injury and is playing behind a beat up O-line.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That same offensive juggernaut Chargers team that hasn't eclipsed 24 points yet and nearly gagged away a game against what looks to be yet another aggressively average Raiders team? The Chargers are good, I don't know what they've actually done to be considered better than the Chiefs at this point, and now their stud QB has a rib injury and is playing behind a beat up O-line.

Chargers were the better team and they were missing some of their key guys and were on the road.
Edit, Chiefs were 1cm away from losing that game

Untill I see more I feel like missing Hill will be too much this season.
He’s a cheat code and I doubt they can pull up those quick scores like with him.

Not to mention how will their defense handle elite teams throughout the year.
Herbert just had 334 yards without Allen

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Chargers were the better team and they were missing some of their key guys and were on the road.
Edit, Chiefs were 1cm away from losing that game

Untill I see more I feel like missing Hill will be too much this season.
He’s a cheat code and I doubt they can pull up those quick scores like with him.

Not to mention how will their defense handle elite teams throughout the year.
Herbert just had 334 yards without Allen
The Chargers were better in the first half and had a chance to win in the second half, but the Chiefs made the plays to win the game and the Chargers didn't. Surely as someone with the Pats logo as their avatar you can appreciate that type of game. I think the degree to which people are acting like the Chargers were better is being oversold to a degree but so be it. The Chargers are also uniquely positioned to give the Chiefs problems, primarily because Derwin James is basically the only effective answer any team has to Kelce, and Mack and Bosa coming off the edges is elite. But, even then, you had Justin Watson of all people cook JC Jackson for a long TD. I think the Hill stuff has been and remains overblown and there is some proof of concept that the offense can still get plenty without him, it's just going to look different. Defense is going to have it's ups and downs because of all the young guys but I am not overly concerned about the defense given what we've seen so far, which is miles better than it was at this point last year and is always a unit that improves as the year goes on under Spags. Ultimately, I think over the next 15 weeks the Chiefs and Bills will continue to separate from the rest with the Chargers being right at the top of that next group with the Ravens.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apart from Hill, all stuff we heard about the Chiefs last year when they started 3-4 and got blown out by the Titans. They struggled with the Giants the next week, but they won 11 of the next 13 and the only team to beat them was the Bengals.

The NFL is a week-to-week league. You don’t need to be taking your best shots in Week 2.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
The Chargers are absolutely stacked with talent headed by an amazing young Q.B . They are an elite team on paper .....but..... I just cant bring myself to trust them yet.. That team over the years,regardless of era, always shoot themselves in the damn foot. Been that way for as long as i can recall ( still never forgiven you goofs for the 06 divisional round). They're going to have to prove that their still there come end of the season. Absolutely no excuse to not make the playoffs this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad