NFL GDT: Week 2

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I wouldn't necessarily say I'm terrified or anything, but my concern is Miami actually played the Bills offense pretty good in both meetings in the 1st half last year before the weight of their own offense doing less than nothing caught up with them. If they can combine a competent offensive first half with how they played the Bills defensively in the first half last year, they're gonna be right there.

This is more or less what i was trying to get at.

the Dolphins defense actually held their own early in both games. But as they learned pretty quickly, half a team generally can't win a game by themselves.

I think as swords pointed out too, Buffalo's secondary being so banged up makes it all the more interesting. That was a major factor in Tyreek and Waddle running roughshod over the Ravens too on sunday

Hope it's a banger of a game.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
As for the other guy, Kirk Cousins is the soda of Quarterbacks. Nothing but empty calories while causing stomach aches if you rely on it too much.
I endorse this post specifically because you referred to soda by its proper and correct name.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
This is more or less what i was trying to get at.

the Dolphins defense actually held their own early in both games. But as they learned pretty quickly, half a team generally can't win a game by themselves.

I think as swords pointed out too, Buffalo's secondary being so banged up makes it all the more interesting. That was a major factor in Tyreek and Waddle running roughshod over the Ravens too on sunday

Hope it's a banger of a game.
Yeah Kyle Fuller being out was a huge blow to that secondary.

Man im stoked for next week. Lets rekindle this damn stagnant rivalry. Hasn't been anything since the 90s.

The big factor outside of secondary being banged up is how the Dolphins O Line protects Tua. They give the man some breathing room and this might be the best game so far

Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There are a few great/very good teams in the league. There are two elite ones. It’s the Bills and the Chiefs. Giddy up.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Im not surpised about how well the Eagles played offensively. I was really concerned about their defense especially after their performance in Detroit. But wow, they were awesome. I know Kirk was the quarterback but he has played really well against them in the past.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's such a good kid. So humble as well. He works hard. This is deserved.
You see him talk, even if he has a bad day or may not have it all, guys are going to battle for him, and he was always going to figure out his place in the league. Doesn’t mean he will be a top QB, but he has unique experience in responding to adversity and setbacks

Reactions: Canes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
You see him talk, even if he has a bad day or may not have it all, guys are going to battle for him, and he was always going to figure out his place in the league. Doesn’t mean he will be a top QB, but he has unique experience in responding to adversity and setbacks
Something about being a coaches son. I think he will be a big name in football for a long time even if not a player. If he coaches he will ascend the ranks quickly.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah Kyle Fuller being out was a huge blow to that secondary.

Man im stoked for next week. Lets rekindle this damn stagnant rivalry. Hasn't been anything since the 90s.

The big factor outside of secondary being banged up is how the Dolphins O Line protects Tua. They give the man some breathing room and this might be the best game so far
They either give him some breathing room or McDaniel adjusts his playcalling on the fly for more rollouts/quick passes as he did the last two weeks. Unlike Flores and his band of dipshits, the Dolphins now actually have a guy with a functional brain designing/calling the offense.

Here's hoping this is a return to the golden days. I know i'm supposed to not like the Bills but i can't help but root for them. You guys deserve to watch a winner for all the passion and loyalty Bills mafia has shown. It's kinda the same for me with the Orioles. I'm supposed to hate them but they're too damn likable.

Reactions: Sansbacon

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Eagles could realistically be 8-2, 9-1 or 10-0. Their schedule appears very favorable until Thanskgiving weekend when Green Bay comes to the Linc.

@WFT
Jaguars
@Cardinals
Dallas
Stillers
@Texans
Washington
@indy

Really isnt too difficult from the look of things*.

*Yes im biased.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
The Eagles could realistically be 8-2, 9-1 or 10-0. Their schedule appears very favorable until Thanskgiving weekend when Green Bay comes to the Linc.

@WFT
Jaguars
@Cardinals
Dallas
Stillers
@Texans
Washington
@indy

*Yes im biased.
On paper it certainly doesn't look difficult by divisional games are often a crapshoot.

I agree though, they are improved from last year and they're likely to get a home playoff game. If Hurts continues to improve they're no joke.

Reactions: Halladay

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

@WFT
Jaguars
@Cardinals
Dallas
Stillers
@Texans
Washington
@indy

*Yes im biased.
NFC East playing AFC South, 2 teams could make the playoffs from that. Cowboys get all 4 games late which may be the bad news.

Reactions: Halladay

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
They either give him some breathing room or McDaniel adjusts his playcalling on the fly for more rollouts/quick passes as he did the last two weeks. Unlike Flores and his band of dipshits, the Dolphins now actually have a guy with a functional brain designing/calling the offense.

Here's hoping this is a return to the golden days. I know i'm supposed to not like the Bills but i can't help but root for them. You guys deserve to watch a winner for all the passion and loyalty Bills mafia has shown. It's kinda the same for me with the Orioles. I'm supposed to hate them but they're too damn likable.
I feel the same exact way as you. I grew up around Dolphins fans and i guess im "supposed" to hate them but I've seen all the misery you all have gone through over these past 2 decades. And i also feel for you all with that idiot Ross as your owner. The Pats have long supplanted the other division teams as my most hated.

And its nice you all have a coach that finally understands offence and can actually hire compentant assistants unlike the previous idiot.. Also it seems like he's the Anti-Flores so far with finally not starting like shit to begin the season ( so far).. Probaly one of the main reasons that mook got canned.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Everyone is chasing the next Allen…Philly might be the only one who has him.

There will be set backs…there will be head shaking mistakes…but Hurts is all dawg.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
1663646411299.jpeg

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Everyone is chasing the next Allen…Philly might be the only one who has him.

There will be set backs…there will be head shaking mistakes…but Hurts is all dawg.
Yup thats why i made the scarce comparison earlier in the thread. It would be great if he follows Josh's developmental path.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
It's only been two games but holy shit does it look like I was wrong on Hurts.

The Jalen Hurts of 2021 and 2022 are two totally different QBs.

As for the other guy, Kirk Cousins is the soda of Quarterbacks. Nothing but empty calories while causing stomach aches if you rely on it too much.

I honestly told my brother this past offseason that getting Brown was only going to make Hurts a bottom 10 QB instead of bottom 5.

He has proved me completely wrong, and I'm thrilled about it

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel the same exact way as you. I grew up around Dolphins fans and i guess im "supposed" to hate them but I've seen all the misery you all have gone through over these past 2 decades. And i also feel for you all with that idiot Ross as your owner. The Pats have long supplanted the other division teams as my most hated.

And its nice you all have a coach that finally understands offence and can actually hire compentant assistants unlike the previous idiot.. Also it seems like he's the Anti-Flores so far with finally not starting like shit to begin the season ( so far).. Probaly one of the main reasons that mook got canned.

Flores biggest issue was his ego. There's absolutely no doubt he's a brilliant defensive mind (Pittsburgh will grow to love him very quick, quote me on it) but he apparently had no ability to delegate or keep his hands off of other facets of the game.

He went through 4 OCs in 3 years, two of which were "co-coordinators", canned a couple of offensive position coaches because they didn't bend the knee and was actively sabotaging his young QB because he was allegedly pissy the GM didn't take the guy he wanted in Herbert.

McDaniel is such an opposite it's not even funny. Very much open to input, first thing he did was hype the shit out of Tua, presumably realizing the kid needed someone in the organization to actually give him a fair shake and by all accounts isn't stuck in his ways.

He's the type of coach you need in today's game imo. Young and adaptable. None of this my way or the highway horseshit jabronis like Gase and Flores tried.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Flores biggest issue was his ego. There's absolutely no doubt he's a brilliant defensive mind (Pittsburgh will grow to love him very quick, quote me on it) but he apparently had no ability to delegate or keep his hands off of other facets of the game.

He went through 4 OCs in 3 years, two of which were "co-coordinators", canned a couple of offensive position coaches because they didn't bend the knee and was actively sabotaging his young QB because he was allegedly pissy the GM didn't take the guy he wanted in Herbert.

McDaniel is such an opposite it's not even funny. Very much open to input, first thing he did was hype the shit out of Tua, presumably realizing the kid needed someone in the organization to actually give him a fair shake and by all accounts isn't stuck in his ways.

He's the type of coach you need in today's game imo. Young and adaptable. None of this my way or the highway horseshit jabronis like Gase and Flores tried.
I know its early but i feel like McDaniel will be the first Dolphins coach in years to survive past 3 years. I really really like the guy.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yup thats why i made the scarce comparison earlier in the thread. It would be great if he follows Josh's developmental path.
I look at some of Allen’s improvements as borderline impossible. He has changed the development game in some ways from where he was to what he is.

but of all the young, gifted QBs I see…Hurts is the guy who has that heart, mentality and ability to become truly special. His Results are already ahead of the Allen path. But the leaps Allen has taken in presnap reads are nuts.

i wouldn’t bet against Hurts at this point taking that final step.

hes got IT.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I feel like QBs chasing "the next Allen" (you're not wrong, i've seen that referred to quite a bit since the season started) is going to end up in a lot of teams ending up with busts.

Josh Allen is an anomaly in player development. I remember that pick being nearly universally panned because of the "he's dumb and throws the ball very far" and belief he wouldn't be able to develop beyond that. He took a nearly unprecedent leap between years 1-3. Very few, if any other guys would be capable of such.

I think we might have already seen the first one in Trey Lance.

SwordsgoneWild

Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I look at some of Allen’s improvements as borderline impossible. He has changed the development game in some ways from where he was to what he is.

but of all the young, gifted QBs I see…Hurts is the guy who has that heart, mentality and ability to become truly special. His Results are already ahead of the Allen path. But the leaps Allen has taken in presnap reads are nuts.

i wouldn’t bet against Hurts at this point taking that final step.

hes got IT.
Yessir. I can see the Eagles fans who doubted him last year coming around very soon like some Bills fans did after Allen's rookie season. Hurts is the only real comparable to Allens path. I think the kids just going to continue to trend upwards like Josh did.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Yessir. I can see the Eagles fans who doubted him last year coming around very soon like some Bills fans did after Allen's rookie season. Hurts is the only real comparable to Allens path. I think the kids just going to continue to trend upwards like Josh did.
I think the thing we are learning about important traits is fear.

You have to have none

Not just on the field but off of it. Allen looked in the mirror, saw his failures, and changed his entire throwing motion after two NFL seasons. I can’t imagine how mentally difficult that is to do. And the main thing it takes…is a lack of fear.

Hurts has no fear. He is real. And he will keep getting better.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another prime time Kurt performance tonight. It’s even worse when it’s on MNF. At least when it’s SNF, I look forward to the game all day and then get to watch another game (or two) on Monday to make up for it. Here I’m basically waiting two full days and then they ruin my evening and there’s no football for a few more days.

Eagles looked great for the most part and Hurts and Slay were the two best players in the field. I think that defense is still suspect and it showed it spots tonight but they came up with the big plays so credit to them. Vikings had plenty of chances with the Irv drop and then three trips to the red zone. I’m sure Eagles fans will say it’s their D, most others will say it’s Cousins. It’s probably a combo of both but as a Vikings fan, there’s one dude I’m pointing the finger at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad