Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Got paid like he was elite though and it ruined the Ravens so that was tight

And as much as I defend David price, yeah kinda. That’s probably about right. Good not great, paid like he’s elite, had an elite playoff run. But overall not worth what he makes

Reactions: LSCII

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Anyway, I feel like Bill wouldn't normally trade someone in-division, but he probably made a promise to DT when he took the cut and resigned back at the roster deadline that he wouldn't cut him and he wanted to honor his word to a veteran player who by all accounts has been good to have in the lockerroom. Sending him to the Jets and not terminating his contract was just doing the right thing for a guy.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Anyway, I feel like Bill wouldn't normally trade someone in-division, but he probably made a promise to DT when he took the cut and resigned back at the roster deadline that he wouldn't cut him and he wanted to honor his word to a veteran player who by all accounts has been good to have in the lockerroom. Sending him to the Jets and not terminating his contract was just doing the right thing for a guy.
Yeah, I get that - not terminating his contract. But damn, imagine going from the Patriots to the Jets. :eek:

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So the distraction begins

I have the feeling the Steelers or Raiders are behind these false allegations against Antonio Brown

Reactions: bbfan419

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
It's just an extortion attempt now that he's been in the news and at the top of his celebrity. It'll get dismissed. I just hope Goodell doesn't try to suspend him.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
It's a civil lawsuit, not criminal. Have a feeling that it will just end up with a settlement and non-disclosure agreement, whether it's true or not.

Probably won't have any ramifications re football, at least in the short term.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I don’t like AB but the timing is fishy and the Incarcerated Bob stuff plus the statement from his lawyers make me feel like this girl is lying.

Obviously it goes without stating that IF he did do this that he’s a giant pos who needs to be cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad