Patriots/NFL Week 2: At Miami, Pats trade Demaryius Thomas to Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
as an outsider it seems so below the Patriots. Want to give him minimum, or whatever ok, but to hand him 9 mil guaranteed. five minutes after this happened seems pretty lame. Its like a Redskins type move if that makes sense.

Belichick has already shown all he cares about is winning. He’ll bring in anyone that can help that. He second they act up they’re gone and he finds someone else.

Plus with the amount of fabrication and overreaction in regards to everything that happens with this team in the media and around the country, you might as well just embrace the villain role

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Two things that work in the pats favor:

1) AB is playing for a contract next year (unless we win and he simply retires, could honestly see that)

2) They don’t need him, he’s a pure luxury. So if he dicks around they can cut bait with him and they’ll be more than fine

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts

1) AB is playing for a contract next year (unless we win and he simply retires, could honestly see that)

2) They don’t need him, he’s a pure luxury. So if he dicks around they can cut bait with him and they’ll be more than fine

3) Comp pick after he signs somewhere else as a free agent

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
I mean I'm not mad, but why reward a guy for acting so petulant his team had to cut him before he played a single down. Doesn't seem like a great precedent to set
Rewarding or punishing Brown doesn't enter into the calculus for the Patriots even a tiny bit. What he did in Oakland doesn't matter at all except in terms of risk/reward management. The Patriots are not afraid to sign players with issues. Either they fit in and help them win or they get cut.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Ehhh... they might need him.

Edelman could easily turn into a pumpkin and Gordon is one slip up away from being out of the league.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Steelers will be irrelevant this year

Let me be clear, I still think AB has mental issues. But I never have a problem with the Patriots taking a chance on someone this talented. If it doesn't work out you say goodbye.

Reactions: rfournier103

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
agreed so why give him a 9 million dollar golden parachute? Seems they think they do need him for whatever reason.

What was his contract with Oakland?
Julio got, what, 22M guaranteed per year for three years?

The discount (for both risk and character issues) has already been applied and then some.

It’s a bit of a gamble, granted, but a low risk, high reward one. Unless Goodell outright throws them out of the league for tampering. :laugh:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
image0.png

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Every season I attempt to get into college football and it just never seems to stick.

Having said that, I think Texas just set the offensive side of the ball back a half century.

Two first and goals. No points.
I follow the scorelines of my alma mater's FCS football team. But it's impossible to find streams of their games. I just can't get into the big FBS games, the bowl system is stupid and Alabama always wins anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad