NFL GDT: Week 17- Judgement Day

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Going for it on 4th down in a 3 point game when teams absolutely do not want OT in their last meaningless game of the season is stupid. Do people remember when the Browns ran a draw play on 4th and 9 last year is worse than anything Philly did in the entirety of this game. Switching QBs when your QB had 70 yards and was 7/20 with a 35% comp rating is nothing out of the ordinary but people who like to find something out of nothing continue to look for things like this because of social media reaction is just getting ridiculous at this point. The very same people who are whining how their team didn't "tank" hard enough or are trying to hard to win in meaningless games are funnily enough the same ones blasting the Eagles its hypocrisy at its best. :help::help:

It was the third quarter! Gtfo out of here about not wanting OT as an excuse to not tie the game in the third f***ing quarter.

The defense of this is idiotic.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
It was the third quarter! Gtfo out of here about not wanting OT as an excuse to not tie the game in the third f***ing quarter.

The defense of this is idiotic.
on the contrary I think the mob mentality of guy who was playing horrible got benched is the most obvious tank job of the season when teams have been sitting out superstars who Hurtz likely won't even touch at any point in his career for games.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
on the contrary I think the mob mentality of guy who was playing horrible got benched is the most obvious tank job of the season when teams have been sitting out superstars who Hurtz likely won't even touch at any point in his career for games.

You've had the worst takes in this entire thread. Just quit while you're behind.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
You've had the worst takes in this entire thread. Just quit while you're behind.
The worst takes are from the people that are in love with Hurtz for some odd reason after he stunk it up after Washington realized he was useless when you forced him to pass the ball he wasn't moving the offense at all and this a massive difference from a guy like Lamar Jackson who can actually punish you for playing the run hard. The narrative would actually hold water if Hurtz was playing any semblance of good out there instead of well below average.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I have no dog in this fight, but would this be a issue if it happened in week 10? I think if you go back to all the bad teams games during the season you will find some questionable decisions made during the game. Raiders/Jets for example. What if the Raiders made the playoffs by one game. Could you look at that game and say well the Jets purposely threw the game for a better pick.
Look I get it, it’s a bad look but I just don’t think you can point to this one game and say that was the only reason the WFT won the division because the Eagles apparently gave the game away intentionally. The whole division was bad all year. If you are 6-10 with a chance to win the division if one other team wins then you don’t deserve anything.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I would say what Philly did was the fairest thing.

One, the league picked that game to be primetime finale material. Can't fool me. There was NO WAY "quality football" was coming out of those two teams. for any extended period of time. It was for ratings that night and the playoffs. Cowboys have a big fanbase. New York rematch with Tom Brady has a history.

They knew that Washington usually falters in primetime and put them there to give the Giants-Cowboys winner the East. Those are two pretty big markets.

Philly was shady, perhaps. But at least it was on their own terms that they chose to lose rather than "ref influence" or haphazard application of punishments.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Loving the butthurt from Giants fans. It was only 3-4 hours earlier that they were quick to rub it in.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
a 6-10 team does not deserve to get into the playoffs

i understand the frustration from giants fans but come on. a 6-10 team should not be rewarded with anything

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
It's funny how anyone could give a shit what any team in the NFC East does this season.. Philly embarrassed themselves last night , news flash ,they been doing it all season.Just like every team in that division.

Sep 19, 2008
17qf7dkh0f961.jpg

Reactions: SJinNewJersey

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Personally I just chuckle at fanbases that seem to be hilariously unacquainted with the concept of tanking. As a hockey and baseball fan I am basically mad if my team isn't tanking if they're out of contention.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad