NFL GDT: Week 17- Judgement Day

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Eagles gameplanned to play Sudfeld all week. The truth falls somewhere in between not doing everything they could to win the game and not expecting to be in a close game and to have to make that decision.

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Rofl, NFL teams tank all the time. The players will play hard, but the coaching/gms make decisions to help their draft stock. I get it, you are mad that the Giants at 6-10 could have made the playoffs if the Eagles. Guess what, the Eagles did what is best for them. They owe nothing to the Giants. Deal with it.
I see that you are unable to provide a single instance to back up your false claim that the Jags tanked this year.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I see that you are unable to provide a single instance to back up your false claim that the Jags tanked this year.
Look at their roster moves before the season. They were tanking from the start. The fact that they beat the Colts week 1 was shocking. Maybe next year the Giants can get to 7-9 and make the playoffs.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Rofl, NFL teams tank all the time. The players will play hard, but the coaching/gms make decisions to help their draft stock. I get it, you are mad that the Giants at 6-10 could have made the playoffs if the Eagles. Guess what, the Eagles did what is best for them. They owe nothing to the Giants. Deal with it.

I had absolutely no stake in this game, and it was an embarrassment what Philadelphia did. I’m so happy the players reacted the way they did, in frustration towards the coach and management. This is going to come back to haunt them, Hurts was maaaad.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Reminder that Hurtz was benched in a national championship game by Alabama's coach at half-time for being inaccurate for a freshman with the game still up in the air and Bama won that game due to that decision. Sudfield might be a vet but he never really got any playing time in a relevant situation in his entire career. Eagles were already losing with Hurtz its not as if they pulled him because he was playing too good the people forgetting this are hilarious to watch complain about something when a QB isn't playing good they tend to get benched especially when the game doesn't even matter. Now they know they will probably know to drop Sudfield off the roster entirely to get a more capable backup.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I had absolutely no stake in this game, and it was an embarrassment what Philadelphia did. I’m so happy the players reacted the way they did, in frustration towards the coach and management. This is going to come back to haunt them, Hurts was maaaad.

The dissonance between what Kelce said a month ago and what happened last night must make the lot of them think (rightfully) that they're playing for a bunch of f***ing losers.

Reactions: Rhaegar Targaryen

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Look at their roster moves before the season. They were tanking from the start. The fact that they beat the Colts week 1 was shocking. Maybe next year the Giants can get to 7-9 and make the playoffs.
I see that you are still unable to provide a single instance to back up your false claim that the Jags tanked this year.

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
"Nobody complained when Pittsburgh did what they did against Cleveland," Rivera said, referring to the Steelers' decision to rest starters, including Ben Roethlisberger, in a game that had playoff implications for others. "It's been a hard road for us and nobody seems to care about that. Nobody cared two weeks ago when we didn't have some of our best players. Nobody cared last week when we didn't have them, so why should we be concerned if a coach decides to do something that's best for his team?"

From Washington coach ron rivera

Sep 19, 2008
Too many people whining about the Giants or the Eagles or the WFT

The Eagles made their decision and they did it for their own interests, not to help out Giants bros

What was WFT supposed to do? "Hey, we're going to play a bench player the rest of this game." WFT: "K. Thanks!" Were they supposed to put out preseason rosters too? No. Win the game.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The Giants went 6-10 lmao shut the f*** up they didn't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Dolphins went 10-6 and missed, when two teams with worse records in the league made it.

It was a bad look for the Eagles but Pederson can do whatever he thinks is right for his team. I do think he was tanking though.

Also does this mean @BKIslandersFan will stop saying the Giants are going to win the Super Bowl :laugh:
God bless Doug pederson!

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Eagles gameplanned to play Sudfeld all week. The truth falls somewhere in between not doing everything they could to win the game and not expecting to be in a close game and to have to make that decision.
Once you pull your starter like that in Q4 unlikely to out him back in.

but given Hurts is a rookie, doing a 1 minute drill would have been good experience for him. But he’s been sitting on the sidelines for a quarter. But that does happen. Raiders had a 10 minute drive the went from Q3 into Q4 vs Miami.

so both sides have valid point from that POV.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
"Nobody complained when Pittsburgh did what they did against Cleveland," Rivera said, referring to the Steelers' decision to rest starters, including Ben Roethlisberger, in a game that had playoff implications for others. "It's been a hard road for us and nobody seems to care about that. Nobody cared two weeks ago when we didn't have some of our best players. Nobody cared last week when we didn't have them, so why should we be concerned if a coach decides to do something that's best for his team?"

Here's the thing, Philly also sat some veteran players and what Pitt did happens every year. KC did the same too. But if Pitt was winning their game, they wouldn't have decided to pull anyone to cause them to lose the game which is what Philly did. So your point doesn't hold water.

Bottom line, Philly just f***ing admit you threw the game.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

This argument is so dumb. There's a difference between that and directly pulling the rug from under your players because they might win a game. People are such dunces. Unbelieavable the lack of nuance people have.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Here's the thing, Philly also sat some veteran players and what Pitt did happens every year. KC did the same too. But if Pitt was winning their game, they wouldn't have decided to pull anyone to cause them to lose the game which is what Philly did. So your point doesn't hold water.

And these teams are doing it with an eye towards winning playoff games that very year. Not going from 9th overall to 6th overall.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Too many people whining about the Giants or the Eagles or the WFT

The Eagles made their decision and they did it for their own interests, not to help out Giants bros

What was WFT supposed to do? "Hey, we're going to play a bench player the rest of this game." WFT: "K. Thanks!" Were they supposed to put out preseason rosters too? No. Win the game.

I don't think anyone has said a word against WFT. They're entirely blameless in all of this. Man, even Chase Young said: I was surprised until I realized what they were doing. And what was that? 'I'll keep that to myself.' It's quite funny how many people are just willing to look stupid to defend a gutless decision.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Giants fans don't get to complain when in 99/100 years, they're out of contention by November. Maybe win more than 6 games you mooks.

That being said, what they did is still a disgrace. Mostly because that's a huge slap in the face to the players. Not to mention we all damn well know Nate Sudfield is a nothing. Jalen Hurts is supposed to be the guy going forward and needs time to adapt to the NFL. While he was having a pretty rough night, these are the type of situations you want your young QB to experience so they can learn. So you...pull him because...why? In all likelihood Hurts isn't winning that game either. Just an absolute bitch move

I also love the great irony of how THIS is the biggest black mark on the franchise this year. Not the fact they have 3 guys who are card carrying anti-semites and were tweeting shit like Hitler was right, etc.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
The Giants went 6-10 lmao shut the f*** up they didn't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Dolphins went 10-6 and missed, when two teams with worse records in the league made it.

It was a bad look for the Eagles but Pederson can do whatever he thinks is right for his team. I do think he was tanking though.

Also does this mean @BKIslandersFan will stop saying the Giants are going to win the Super Bowl :laugh:

And the Football team deserves to be playing on WC Saturday? Of course there are going to be Giant fans who are pissed, and rightfully so. They didn't have the luxury of playing a team intentionally throwing a game for an easy dub like WSH did....if they did, they would be the ones hosting Tom Brady at Metlife.

You and every other fan would be pissed if it was your team in the Giants shoes...so maybe neutral fans can join the Giants fans in shutting the f*** up

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

At the time, Philly was losing their game. Seemed like they made a pre-game decision to put Sudfeld into the game at some point. They have serious QB Cap issues to resolve. How much will it cost them cap wise to move off Wentz? What will they be willing to pay a Geno Smith who has backed up R. Wilson the past 2 seasons? Guy never got onto the field aside from the Jets game, and maybe the SF game at home. Probably only costs $500K-$750K more than what Seattle pays him to get him to change teams. That should be their mindset after seeing what Sudfeld did out there.

NFC, lots of backups had to get into the game to do something. Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bears, Saints, Giants, Washington, Dallas. Philly needs to get an upgrade after what they saw.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So just f***ing say that instead of coming up with the complete crap excuse of we wanted to evaluate Sudfeld. I mean I guess Philly is used to losing for better picks following the 76ers lead. No integrity needed.

Except that's when you will get fined and get docked picks...outwardly admitting to losing on purpose or not fielding your best team. Nobody's fool enough to do that. Admittedly I didn't think it was a total tank job because I just don't see the point...to go from 9 to 6 is worth being a national joke?! But if you look at the Eagles' inactive list last night it was in the works.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At the time, Philly was losing their game. Seemed like they made a pre-game decision to put Sudfeld into the game at some point. They have serious QB Cap issues to resolve. How much will it cost them cap wise to move off Wentz? What will they be willing to pay a Geno Smith who has backed up R. Wilson the past 2 seasons? Guy never got onto the field aside from the Jets game, and maybe the SF game at home. Probably only costs $500K-$750K more than what Seattle pays him to get him to change teams. That should be their mindset after seeing what Sudfeld did out there.

NFC, lots of backups had to get into the game to do something. Rams, Cardinals, 49ers, Bears, Saints, Giants, Washington, Dallas. Philly needs to get an upgrade after what they saw.

I made the evaluation argument last night, but really how are you gonna evaluate Sudfeld when you're also benching Miles Sanders, Dallas Goedert and your top two WR's? That's where the evaluation argument falls apart.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Its amazing to defend Philly here when even their own players were embarrassed by it.

If it was about evaluating Sudfeld then just start him. Or start him at half time.

But to go for it on 4th down in a 3 point game then switch QBs on the next drive, how stupid do you need to be to think that was anything else but them throwing the game?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Its amazing to defend Philly here when even their own players were embarrassed by it.

If it was about evaluating Sudfeld then just start him. Or start him at half time.

But to go for it on 4th down in a 3 point game then switch QBs on the next drive, how stupid do you need to be to think that was anything else but them throwing the game?
Going for it on 4th down in a 3 point game when teams absolutely do not want OT in their last meaningless game of the season is stupid. Do people remember when the Browns ran a draw play on 4th and 9 last year is worse than anything Philly did in the entirety of this game. Switching QBs when your QB had 70 yards and was 7/20 with a 35% comp rating is nothing out of the ordinary but people who like to find something out of nothing continue to look for things like this because of social media reaction is just getting ridiculous at this point. The very same people who are whining how their team didn't "tank" hard enough or are trying to hard to win in meaningless games are funnily enough the same ones blasting the Eagles its hypocrisy at its best. :help::help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad