NFL GDT: Week 17- Judgement Day

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Okay, then tell me why Sudfeld stays in after a brutal pick and a worse fumble? The Eagles could still win with a touchdown. Hurts scored both for the Eagles tonight.
3rd and 6 and Philly dials up a deep shot. Got picked but that was a 40 yard or so change in field position. Basically what they would end up at following a punt.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
3rd and 6 and Philly dials up a deep shot. Got picked but that was a 40 yard or so change in field position. Basically what they would end up at following a punt.

There's a difference between an arm punt from your quarterback and an actual punt from your punter. We both know this. Sedfeld had no business being on the field. That throw was sent straight to the Washington secondary (And no, I don't think Sedfeld meant it. He just sucks at the NFL level). I would really like to understand on a human level why folks are trying to defend a coaching staff blatantly throwing a game.

Last edited:

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Best offense (per points scored)

1 Packers 509
2 Bills 501
3 Buccaneers 492
4 Titans 491
5 Saints 482
6 Chiefs 473
7 Ravens 468
8 Seahawks 459

Best defense (points against)

1. Rams 296
2. Ravens 303
3. Steelers 312
4. Washington 329
5. Saints 337
6. Buccaneers 355
7. Chiefs 362
8. Colts 369
Packers 369
10. Bears 370
11. Seahawks 371
12. Bills 375
13. Browns 419
14. Titans 439

Best run differential
1. Ravens +165
2. Saints +145
3. Packers +140
4. Buccaneers +137

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
You went 6 and f***ing 10, Giants. Not a single team owes them a damn thing. Pederson already knows he’s back next year and apparently wanted to get a guy he liked some playing time. Plus, losing and keeping Hurts from potentially sustaining a pointless injury were more important to the Eagles than spoiling Washington’s 1 playoff game (luv u Alex).

SJinNewJersey

Every single one of us, the devil inside
Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
Neither. I'm just not bothered about the personnel shuffles of a team with nothing to play for. They owe nothing to no one.
Here's the issue. Sudfeld is a five-year NFL veteran with a limited skill set, a player who has been in the organization since 2017. What is there to evaluate? Why wouldn't Pederson want to see more of Hurts, a rookie who ascended to starter and has still only attempted 148 career passes? Had the Eagles won, they would've claimed the ninth overall pick in the 2021 NFL draft. With the loss, they now pick sixth. This is a move that can push a coach to lose a locker room. All you have to do is see the looks of disbelief and frustration on the faces of Eagles veterans.

NFL Week 17 winners and losers: Browns built for future, Eagles' Jalen Hurts benching was shameful (msn.com)

Reactions: keonsbitterness
Sep 19, 2008
It's all about pride. You need to play your best players out there. Benching Hurts who gave them the best chance to win for Sudfeld was just an idiotic move. Pederson insisted he wanted Sudfeld to play the game...then do it like Rudy. Did you ever see Rudy? They put him in at the last play of the game. If you feel that strongly about Sudfeld and what he's done for the team, I'm not saying don't put him in. Just put him in at the end on the last snap in victory formation. Don't put him in with 15 minutes to go.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The Giants went 6-10 lmao shut the f*** up they didn't deserve to be anywhere near the playoffs.

Dolphins went 10-6 and missed, when two teams with worse records in the league made it.

It was a bad look for the Eagles but Pederson can do whatever he thinks is right for his team. I do think he was tanking though.

Also does this mean @BKIslandersFan will stop saying the Giants are going to win the Super Bowl :laugh:

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Giants should have won more games if they wanted the playoffs. Tough luck.

Don't depend on others to take care of your business. Take care of your own house.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
No, they likely felt obligated to try and get a higher draft pick.
So just f***ing say that instead of coming up with the complete crap excuse of we wanted to evaluate Sudfeld. I mean I guess Philly is used to losing for better picks following the 76ers lead. No integrity needed.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I don't blame Philly for what they did, but the League has to be pissed because it is being talked about in places that don't normally talk about the league.

Thus it places a bad look onto the league. And the betters have to be pissed. And when the betters are pissed then usually something comes out of it. I'm not saying anything is done against the Eagles. But the League will not have this happen again.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Jaguars tanked for an entire season. The only difference is that the league was smart enough not to put them on SNF for the entire season. If this was a 1 o'clock game which it was and should have been, this wouldn't be much of a talking point. Hypocrisy. Maybe the Giants should win more than 6 games next time.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
There's a difference between an arm punt from your quarterback and an actual punt from your punter. We both know this. Sedfeld had no business being on the field. That throw was sent straight to the Washington secondary (And no, I don't think Sedfeld meant it. He just sucks at the NFL level). I would really like to understand on a human level why folks are trying to defend a coaching staff blatantly throwing a game.
I don’t believe Pederson was throwing the game. I think he made the decision pre game to get Sudfeld into the game for a couple of series.
5th year with the team and he’s no longer eligible for the PS.
Seen enough from Hurts that if by some chance they bring Wentz back then they don’t need to keep Sudfeld around.
If they opt to go with Hurts next season and move Wentz then then have to decide what backup they want. Seen plenty of Sdfeld in preseason against backups. He’s been in the system long enough to expect a better performance out of him. This move basically ensures that Philly needs to secure a better caliber backup like a McCoy, Geno Smith, etc in the off season should they go with Hurts.
This was Sudfelds last chance to show Philly he should be their backup to Hurts and clearly he didn’t look good at all. So he’s done.

pedersen made a couple of puzzling coaching decisions. Punting around midfield prior to the pick by Epps. Typically he goes for it. But with Washington not moving the ball that great probably figured he’d get the ball back. Then instead of tying the game at 17 he goes for it from the 5. Hurts scrambled enough to have an open receiver but didn’t get enough on it to give his guy a chance to make a play. So he makes a conservative call followed by an aggressive one.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
The Jaguars tanked for an entire season. The only difference is that the league was smart enough not to put them on SNF for the entire season. If this was a 1 o'clock game which it was and should have been, this wouldn't be much of a talking point. Hypocrisy. Maybe the Giants should win more than 6 games next time.
That's crap. Point out one thing the Jags did to blow a game on purpose. Which good players did they sit? I guess it doesn't fit your narrative that the Eagles tanked the game where most NFL teams wouldn't.

SJinNewJersey

Dec 21, 2017
New Jersey
I don’t believe Pederson was throwing the game. I think he made the decision pre game to get Sudfeld into the game for a couple of series.
Seen enough from Hurts that if by some chance they bring Wentz back then they don’t need to keep Sudfeld around.
If they opt to go with Hurts next season and move Wentz then then have to decide what backup they want. Seen plenty of Sdfeld in preseason against backups. He’s been in the system long enough to expect a better performance out of him. This move basically ensures that Philly needs to secure a better caliber backup like a McCoy, Geno Smith, etc in the off season should they go with Hurts.
This was Sudfelds last chance to show Philly he should be their backup to Hurts and clearly he didn’t look good at all. So he’s done.

pedersen made a couple of puzzling coaching decisions. Punting around midfield prior to the pick by Epps. Typically he goes for it. But with Washington not moving the ball that great probably figured he’d get the ball back. Then instead of tying the game at 17 he goes for it from the 5. Hurts scrambled enough to have an open receiver but didn’t get enough on it to give his guy a chance to make a play. So he makes a conservative call followed by an aggressive one.
He's been on the team since 2017 and they need to evaluate him? Please.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That's crap. Point out one thing the Jags did to blow a game on purpose. Which good players did they sit? I guess it doesn't fit your narrative that the Eagles tanked the game where most NFL teams wouldn't.
Rofl, NFL teams tank all the time. The players will play hard, but the coaching/gms make decisions to help their draft stock. I get it, you are mad that the Giants at 6-10 could have made the playoffs if the Eagles. Guess what, the Eagles did what is best for them. They owe nothing to the Giants. Deal with it.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
But they felt obligated to help Washington by purposely throwing a football game?

No, they helped themselves. Period. Losing meant a much better pick, any other collateral consequences didn't enter the decision at all.

Additionally, The Giants are 6-10. They and their fans can STFU and sit down. You have no room to bitch about not making the playoffs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Rofl, NFL teams tank all the time. The players will play hard, but the coaching/gms make decisions to help their draft stock. I get it, you are mad that the Giants at 6-10 could have made the playoffs if the Eagles. Guess what, the Eagles did what is best for them. They owe nothing to the Giants. Deal with it.
The eagles organization will bear whatever fallout there is from this look.

whether it was a Tank or legitimate wanting to see if Sudfeld should be their backup next season they got an answer and it’s that Sudfeld isn’t a quality nfl backup. Enough time with the team to know the offence and he performed poorly in real live fire.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
For me the more interesting question is who from the front office ordered it. Did it come from the GM or ownership? I don't think Pederson coaches to win all game and then suddenly changes his mind at the last second. Remember the Browns got in trouble when Ray Farmer (probably four GMs ago) was texting an assistant coach during a game ordering them to put Johnny Manziel in a game.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

That evaluating Sudfeld argument completely falls apart when one looks back on his first two drives and realize he was still trotted out when the game was still winnable. I'm baffled that anyone could still think the Eagles didn't throw this.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Oh and people still talking about the Giants are making it blatantly clear they have no actual understanding of what the conversation actually is. Nobody gives a shit about the Giants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad