NFL GDT: Week 15 - Part 2

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Look, I'm not saying it didn't happen. You're just blindly trusting the Giants defense which is hilarious stuff. Of course their gonna say little OBJ is innocent and had his feewings hurt.

I'm not blindly doing anything. I'm watching a video of your player yelling and pointing a bat at the Giants. The same player who would get into a fight with OBJ. Clearly this piece of garbage was just doing it to motivate. The Panthers always point bats at and yell at their opposition. :sarcasm:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yes. Let's not address the bats. If you came over to me, pointed a bat at me, and yelled at me, I'd be legally entitled to punch you in the face if I felt threatened - out of pure self defense. It's a threat. A threatening gesture is a de facto threat.

And because of it, I fully endorse what OBJ did on the field.

was Norman holding the bat when OBJ blindsided him? If not then the "threat"(if one even existed) was over so any self defence crap is exactly that, crap.

If someone threatens me and then leaves and then 2 days later I go and get me some "self defence" yeah that's not self defence.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'm not blindly doing anything. I'm watching a video of your player yelling and pointing a bat at the Giants. The same player who would get into a fight with OBJ. Clearly this piece of garbage was just doing it to motivate. The Panthers always point bats at and yell at their opposition. :sarcasm:

It's quickly gone from "threatening and swinging" to "yelling and pointing". Something tells me there isn't much substance to this

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's quickly gone from "threatening and swinging" to "yelling and pointing". Something tells me there isn't much substance to this

There is an actual video of it. Again. For the 20th time. Your ****** practice squad player had to be restrained.

Clearly he was just trying to motivate, though!

Josh Norman was hiding a baseball bat in his pant leg and was gonna whip it out right before OBJ heroically launched himself headfirst into Norman's head.

Deflect and swerve.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Look, I'm not saying it didn't happen. You're just blindly trusting the Giants defense which is hilarious stuff. Of course their gonna say little OBJ is innocent and had his feewings hurt.

Not just the Giants, but "various people". Who is saying this? Are these the same people saying Peyton is going to ***** about being a backup or that Steve Smith has already decided to come back this year? Because those two were directly refuted by the players involved.

Yes. Let's not address the bats. If you came over to me, pointed a bat at me, and yelled at me, I'd be legally entitled to punch you in the face if I felt threatened - out of pure self defense. It's a threat. A threatening gesture is a de facto threat.

And because of it, I fully endorse what OBJ did on the field.

The video shows the calmest and most stable person holding a bat you will ever see. We don't know who he's pointing at or who he's talking to. But yeah, throwing yourself headfirst into someone -- and we can all ask Ricardo Lockette how ****ing easy it is to get severely injured on an innocent looking hit -- seems like a rational response.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
There is an actual video of it. Again. For the 20th time. Your ****** practice squad player had to be restrained.

Clearly he was just trying to motivate, though!

Deflect and swerve.

What did he say exactly? OBJ had to be restrained as well, right? I'm assuming he was just sitting there minding his business and bam he's suddenly in this scary Panthers face. Woah, that was frightening how that happened.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
What did he say exactly? OBJ had to be restrained as well, right? I'm assuming he was just sitting there minding his business and bam he's suddenly in this scary Panthers face. Woah, that was frightening how that happened.

Here's the difference between us. I can admit what my player did (even if I endorse it). You can't even admit your guy was going after the Giants with a bat. When the video, clear as day, shows that he was. Utterly hilarious.

Either you endorse what he did and embrace the thuggish behavior or you can keep pretending it didn't happen. I mean, I may as well just say that OBJ was just trying to give him a helmet kiss. There is no evidence that OBJ wanted to hurt Norman. You don't have audio of what he was saying. :sarcasm:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I just love the outright hypocrisy coming from Panthers fans (and the team in general).

OBJ is evil. Pointing a bat and threatening a team is just a motivational tool.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Here's the difference between us. I can admit what my player did (even if I endorse it). You can't even admit your guy was going after the Giants with a bat. When the video, clear as day, shows that he was. Utterly hilarious.

Either you endorse what he did and embrace the thuggish behavior or you can keep pretending it didn't happen. I mean, I may as well just say that OBJ was just trying to give him a helmet kiss. There is no evidence that OBJ wanted to hurt Norman. You don't have audio of what he was saying. :sarcasm:
"Going after the Giants with a bat". You would think he's chasing them down one by one swinging at their kneecaps.

:biglaugh:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Yeah, going ballistic on a guy talking **** during play is normal behavior :laugh:

Norman bodyslammed him in the first few minutes of the game, that was the first physical encounter of any substance between the two. Why is everybody ignoring that?

Otherwise, carry on the fight, this is hilarious on both accounts

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I said it during the game that the refs had 0 control over that game. I still will say it. ODBjr lost his **** and starting trying to injure people.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
That is the tamest body slam I've ever seen. Either way, OBJ got a shoulder check soon after and could have ended it, then he kept going with hits to the face, wrestling with Cortland Finnegan, and of course the head shot.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
The zebras lost control of the game, but the Panthers game plan worked perfectly. Beckham got tired of Norman's cheap shots, and gave back more than he was getting. It was not pretty, but Norman actually got what he deserved.
A chance to whine like a baby on social media.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The zebras lost control of the game, but the Panthers game plan worked perfectly. Beckham got tired of Norman's cheap shots, and gave back more than he was getting. It was not pretty, but Norman actually got what he deserved.

Well said. I give the Panthers credit for the scum bag tactics since they worked. Their game plan worked and they won. I wouldn't mind if the Giants had been the ones to do that crap if they were undefeated and won.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina

Show me where that happened. The amount of things that are being invented right now in this thread alone are sounding conspiratory.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
To me it sounded like Norman was simply getting his piece in. Beckham was obviously talking **** and trying to fight Norman. Norman waited until they won and Beckham was done being an ass to say his piece, which makes him look better.

I have no problem with it. Beckham acted similarly against Dallas in Primetime (the one the Giants blew with like 2 minutes left.) Kid needs to be told to tone it down.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
"Going after the Giants with a bat". You would think he's chasing them down one by one swinging at their kneecaps.

:biglaugh:

I'm not sure what you don't get here. This isn't some normal event on a football field. This is one of your players literally threatening the Giants as they come onto the field. With a baseball bat. I'm not sure how you down how think that that is acceptable behavior. Either you are OK with thuggish behavior and think it was a good tactic or you think it was a bad move by your squad and they shouldn't be involved in such nonsense. You can't have it both ways.

I at least admit I'd be OK with the Giants doing it if it gave them an edge. You're taking an incredibly hypocritical stance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad