NFL GDT: Week 15 - Part 2

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, a Panther is going to rush onto the field and cave OBJ's skull in with a baseball bat as he prances down the field as 70,000 watch on in terror.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
6bb717dd506d776dfde460e76e470c60.jpg

Oh my goodness I'm terrified. Someone hold me.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You would support someone trying to concuss another player cause the felt threatened.

Sure. If your players want to act as outright thugs and actually threaten our players with weapons (it's obvious what is going on when that practice squad is walking over to the Giants bat-in-hand and pointing it at them), then they should be prepared for the consequences.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yeah. Let's equate a guy holding a bat for a photo to a guy walking over to another team on their home field with a bat swinging and pointing it at them while threatening them. Makes a lot of sense. :sarcasm:

I see a video of someone walking over holding a baseball bat. No swinging or words. Just hearsay.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I see a video of someone walking over holding a baseball bat. No swinging or words. Just hearsay.

He very clearly is saying something to the Giants when he is pointing the bat at them and walking over. Are you seriously going to say that this guy is only trying to motivate his team by going over to the Giants during warm-ups? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
He very clearly is saying something to the Giants when he is pointing the bat at them and walking over. Are you seriously going to say that this guy is only trying to motivate his team by going over to the Giants during warm-ups? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm not going to rush to believe everything the Giants are saying like you are. As I said, there's nothing in that video that shows any threats. Cam has walked over to watch pregame entrances plenty of times.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Show me where on the bat you got hurt little Odell.

If NFL Films really captured a threat we'll see it soon. But I doubt its anything more than some idiot practice squadder getting amped up and says something stupid. That explains but doesn't excuse him losing his mind.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I'm not going to rush to believe everything the Giants are saying like you are. As I said, there's nothing in that video that shows any threats. Cam has walked over to watch pregame entrances plenty of times.

Has Cam walked over to a team running on a field, pointed a bat at them, and yelled at them? Again, that player and OBJ had to be separated pre-game because of that guy's antics.

If you're going to play this card, all OBJ did with his helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman was trying to motivate his team. :sarcasm:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 12m12 minutes ago

Panthers officials deny strongly any threats or slurs were made and are adamant they have long used a bat as a motivating prop...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 11m11 minutes ago

Panthers communications director Steven Drummond said: "absolutely nothing happened on the sideline. I was there. No one was threatened...

Drummond went on to say: "no one was threatened with a bat. It didn't happen. It's a diversionary tactic and a good one at that."

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown

Panthers officials deny strongly any threats or slurs were made and are adamant they have long used a bat as a motivating prop...

Panthers communications director Steven Drummond said: "absolutely nothing happened on the sideline. I was there. No one was threatened...

Drummond went on to say: "no one was threatened with a bat. It didn't happen. It's a diversionary tactic and a good one at that."

Right! So they always walk up to the opposing team and point bats at them during warm-ups and get into fights with their players. That's just what they do. :sarcasm:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Has Cam walked over to a team running on a field, pointed a bat at them, and yelled at them? Again, that player and OBJ had to be separated pre-game because of that guy's antics.

If you're going to play this card, all OBJ did with his helmet-to-helmet hit on Norman was trying to motivate his team. :sarcasm:
Are you seriously using OBJ, the obvious headcase that he is, going at someone evidence that the Panther was at fault? :laugh:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

i dont know what happened obviously but is he really gonna say yes they did do that (if it actually happened?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If he got ejected, I'd say a large fine would probably be enough. However, the refs didn't do their job so the league had to do something.

Now they'll probably use this bat and threats nonsense in the appeal.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I didn't have any problem with all the stuff Odell was doing during the game except the blindside helmet to helmet hit. I mean a lot of it was unnecessary roughness and I was fine with Odell doing it and only hurting his own team with penalties(he should have gotten more of them though, like half the plays early in the game, and on that 35-7 drive, maybe had he gotten them he wouldn't have kept doing it and then not had that helmet to helmet hit either). That's all in the game, he wants to do that them all the power to him, his mind is out of the game, not making an impact except the negative ones his penalties have.

The hit was the bad part and should have gotten him kicked out especially when you consider all the stuff he had been doing up to that point. And a suspension is warranted for it.

But all that other pushing and shoving Norman's face, be my guest, take all the 15 yard penalties you want to.

and this bat stuff is bat **** crazy, talk about playing the victim :laugh:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Look, I'm not saying it didn't happen. You're just blindly trusting the Giants defense which is hilarious stuff. Of course their gonna say little OBJ is innocent and had his feewings hurt.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Yeah, going ballistic on a guy talking **** during play is normal behavior :laugh:

Yes. Let's not address the bats. If you came over to me, pointed a bat at me, and yelled at me, I'd be legally entitled to punch you in the face if I felt threatened - out of pure self defense. It's a threat. A threatening gesture is a de facto threat.

And because of it, I fully endorse what OBJ did on the field.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Right move by the NFL, Beckham lost control of his emotions out there and went for a clear head shot. Three or four personal fouls in one game and no ejection was a joke. The refs dropped the ball big time. No excuses for what he did out there yesterday, he embarrassed himself.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Yes. Let's not address the bats. If you came over to me, pointed a bat at me, and yelled at me, I'd be legally entitled to punch you in the face if I felt threatened - out of pure self defense. It's a threat. A threatening gesture is a de facto threat.

And because of it, I fully endorse what OBJ did on the field.

:biglaugh:

Okay tough guy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad