NFL GDT: Week 15 - Part 2

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I gave you examples of players with bats all the time. Think back during the Raiders early years and Mean Joe Green.

Are you completely ignoring what I wrote? I wanted examples of players threatening others with bats. Not just bats existing. I am not sure why I have to write this again since I already stated that to you.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I gave you examples of players with bats all the time. Think back during the Raiders early years and Mean Joe Green.

The Jaguars used to mess around with an ax.

The only reason we're even talking about this is because the whiny New York media is great at blowing things way out of proportion.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah. Players walk over with bats to a team entering the field and threatening them all the time. :sarcasm:

It's all just motivation, guys!

It's funny that you're complaining about that, when Odell's actual attempts at violence as opposed to allegedly threatening someone is no problem to you.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
It's funny that you're complaining about that, when Odell's actual attempts at violence as opposed to allegedly threatening someone is no problem to you.

Once again, I suggest you read what I wrote. I already wrote before that I actually wouldn't have minded seeing the Giants do what the Panthers did. It clearly worked and clearly got the Giants off their game. Cheap and dirty? Sure. But football is a cheap and dirty game.

That's why it's so laughable watching Panthers fans try and sugarcoat all of this. Either embrace the tactics or say that it had no place. One of the two. You can't straddle the line.

I know, I think NY fans are still pissed the only team in NY is the Bills, and NJ has 2 teams.

I mean, I'm born and raised in NJ, so I don't know why you think this would remotely offend me. :laugh:

I've called them the NJ Giants for years.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
I don't think the Panthers were innocent in all of this and I don't doubt there was trash talk going on pre game. I don't think they did anything that justified OBJ throwing a tantrum all game and then getting a full head of steam and going for a kill shot on Norman. He went over the line.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I don't think the Panthers were innocent in all of this and I don't doubt there was trash talk going on pre game. I don't think they did anything that justified OBJ throwing a tantrum all game and then getting a full head of steam and going for a kill shot on Norman. He went over the line.

And that's a fine view to have. The Panthers fans defending everything their team did while going after OBJ is just laughable and absurd. I have no problem saying that what OBJ did was cheap and dirty. Hell, the suspension is even acceptable as long as the Panthers are disciplined for the bat nonsense and Norman gets a huge fine.

This defense and whitewashing of the Panthers behavior is just incredibly funny.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Once again, I suggest you read what I wrote. I already wrote before that I actually wouldn't have minded seeing the Giants do what the Panthers did. It clearly worked and clearly got the Giants off their game. Cheap and dirty? Sure. But football is a cheap and dirty game.

That's why it's so laughable watching Panthers fans try and sugarcoat all of this. Either embrace the tactics or say that it had no place. One of the two. You can't straddle the line.

We don't even know that's what actually happened, though. So far it seems uncorroborated that there was an attempt to threaten anyone with a baseball bat. Not only that, but an attempt by Norman to threaten anyone.

If they did, the same thing should happen to them as Odell, the one game suspension.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We don't even know that's what actually happened, though. So far it seems uncorroborated that there was an attempt to threaten anyone with a baseball bat. Not only that, but an attempt by Norman to threaten anyone.

If they did, the same thing should happen to them as Odell, the one game suspension.

We have a video of a guy pointing a bat and yelling at a Giants player. That's literally threatening (a threatening gesture is threatening). Why do you think that that same player who was threatening the Giants with a bat was involved in an altercation with OBJ soon after? It's hardly uncorroborated.

It's one thing to have a bat on your own sideline (and I think it's common sense that that's an absurd thing and that the NFL should ban them from the field). It's another to walk over to another team, point a bat at them, and start yelling.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
We have a video of a guy pointing a bat and yelling at a Giants player. That's literally threatening (a threatening gesture is threatening). Why do you think that that same player who was threatening the Giants with a bat was involved in an altercation with OBJ soon after? It's hardly uncorroborated.

It's one thing to have a bat on your own sideline (and I think it's common sense that that's an absurd thing and that the NFL should ban them from the field). It's another to walk over to another team, point a bat at them, and start yelling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_hYkU5vaFl/?taken-by=nygiants

Is there another video where any of that happened? Again, that's not even Josh Norman. Stop inventing narratives.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
https://www.instagram.com/p/_hYkU5vaFl/?taken-by=nygiants

Is there another video where any of that happened? Again, that's not even Josh Norman. Stop inventing narratives.

For the final time, I'd appreciate that you not put words into my mouth. I politely asked it earlier.

I never said that it was Josh Norman. I've said that it was some practice squad thug the entire time. Norman was later given the bat by that thug after the fact (and was allegedly saying some things to OBJ). No one is inventing narratives, and I'd appreciate not having words put into my posts that don't exist.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
For the final time, I'd appreciate that you not put words into my mouth. I politely asked it earlier.

I never said that it was Josh Norman. I've said that it was some practice squad thug the entire time. Norman was later given the bat by that thug after the fact (and was allegedly saying some things to OBJ). No one is inventing narratives, and I'd appreciate not having words put into my posts that don't exist.

I felt like the inference from the quoted post wasn't exactly a leap, unless you really screwed up your use of pronouns. I'm having trouble following your argument, then. We have nothing but hearsay with regards to what Norman allegedly did, yet based on that you say OBJ was justified?

Please, show me something that Norman did that warrants anything more than a flag. I'll take anything at this point.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I felt like the inference from the quoted post wasn't exactly a leap, unless you really screwed up your use of pronouns. I'm having trouble following your argument, then. We have nothing but hearsay with regards to what Norman allegedly did, yet based on that you say OBJ was justified?

Please, show me something that Norman did that warrants anything more than a flag. I'll take anything at this point.

I'm not even talking about Norman much at all in this thread. Norman is a dirty punk who has admitted to eye gouging Allen Hurns (should've been a massive fine for that or a suspension). Most of the talk has been about the bat as of late, which Norman wasn't really involved in (other than receiving the bat from the practice squad thug and allegedly threatening OBJ while holding it).

I think that Norman deserves a massive fine for all of this and the bat ******* should be suspended (not sure how that works with a practice squad scrub, though).

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Hurns said Wednesday that not only did Norman not poke him in the eye when he was trying to recover his own fumble in the second quarter, but it's impossible for anyone to do so.

"He probably tried to but I wear a shield," Hurns said. "So he wasn't able to get [his fingers inside his facemask]."

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonvill...ns-said-josh-norman-didnt-poke-him-in-the-eye

Norman talks his head off and can be over-zealous, but he's not really a dirty player. The only thing you can remotely fine him for was the retaliation for the shot in question, and I think that's pretty excusable.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonvill...ns-said-josh-norman-didnt-poke-him-in-the-eye

Norman talks his head off and can be over-zealous, but he's not really a dirty player. The only thing you can remotely fine him for was the retaliation for the shot in question, and I think that's pretty excusable.

Wait, so now (admittedly!) attempting to eye gouge a player is not being dirty? That's a new one to me. The defenses of Norman's actions are just astounding.

As said, I have no problem saying that what OBJ did was dirty. I find it funny that Panthers fans are unable to say the same thing about Norman. AND are defending the bat stuff. Come on, man. You guys won and got OBJ off of his game. Like I said, just embrace it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad