NCAA GDT: Week 13: Rivalry Weekend

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The only team Ohio State would struggle with in the SEC is Alabama. By struggle I mean it'd be a great fight. They'd rape Florida. They wouldn't struggle with Georgia, Tennessee, Mizzou or SC. Ole Miss might keep it interesting for a half. They'd dominate Miss St. They'd dominate a one dimensional Auburn and LSU. Arkansas can't play D. I'd imagine at some point they'd stop the Arkansas offense. Texas A&M they'd destroy. Michigan State would provably be the same.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
toledo was ranked for most of the season and is a better team than most of the b1g

i know that you are an osu fan and wanna defend ur conference but even you have to admit how bad it is

it is not just the b1g tho

lots of teams in lots of conferences still somehow rest on 80+ year old laurels

the b1g gets by more on prestige than it does on substance

even you have to admit that

They still lost to a MAC school considering the amount of hype Arkansas had generated in the pre season. Like most SEC schools though that's all it is anymore, hype.

The B1G really isn't that bad this year.

I agree with you on the last part.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
That was last year. Different team, also I still maintain Lane Kiffin beat Alabama, not tOSU. RB's averaging 7 and 6 yards yards respectively and he goes full derp with all his bubble screens and post routes :laugh:

The key to that game last year was Ohio State's run game exhausted Alabama's defense.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
The only team Ohio State would struggle with in the SEC is Alabama. By struggle I mean it'd be a great fight. They'd rape Florida. They wouldn't struggle with Georgia, Tennessee, Mizzou or SC. Ole Miss might keep it interesting for a half. They'd dominate Miss St. They'd dominate a one dimensional Auburn and LSU. Arkansas can't play D. I'd imagine at some point they'd stop the Arkansas offense. Texas A&M they'd destroy. Michigan State would provably be the same.

Just like we thought they'd dominate all those Big 10 teams. Time to accept the talent gaps in college football aren't as great as you think.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

a) i wish ppl wouldn't use that phrase...
b) UF's defense would keep them in it...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
New rankings are out. No real surprises other then the committee really doesn't think much of Stanford apparently. I'm not entirely sold they move up with a win though I'm thinking SC could win that one in all honesty. Carolina is far enough back that they won't move all the way up if they win. They are even behind FSU.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
arkansas and auburn sucked this year, but would murder like 90% of the B1G

well maybe not auburn, they are usually better but are really really bad this year

arkansas, even on a down year, would boat race anyone not named msu or osu tho

Just keep telling yourself that, and keep lapping up all that ESPN/CBS SEC hype.

I'm the furthest thing from an Ohio State fan, but I would expect no worse than 11-1 had they played Alabama's schedule. Possibly 12-0, but there's a chance the slip up and get upset by an Ole Miss or Georgia.

The SEC standard-bearer, that "unstoppable, unbeatable, greatest team of their generation, could probably beat a bad NFL team" Alabama Crimson Tide have been pounded in their last two Bowl Games by the Big 12 and the Big Ten. And there's little to make me think it won't happen again this year.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
ECU will decline any Bowl invitation it receives.

I am disappoint, we had some **** luck this year, but I admire the AD standing on his principles that we didn't earn it.

Watch out next year baby :arr::arr::arr:

Just keep telling yourself that, and keep lapping up all that ESPN/CBS SEC hype.

I'm the furthest thing from an Ohio State fan, but I would expect no worse than 11-1 had they played Alabama's schedule. Possibly 12-0, but there's a chance the slip up and get upset by an Ole Miss or Georgia. Also, in Gary and Uncle Vern I trust.

VernandGary.jpg

The SEC standard-bearer, that "unstoppable, unbeatable, greatest team of their generation, could probably beat a bad NFL team" Alabama Crimson Tide have been pounded in their last two Bowl Games by the Big 12 and the Big Ten. And there's little to make me think it won't happen again this year.

The team was not up for the OU game, I know that sounds lame, I agree with you, but I honestly think it was true, how could anyone, let alone a teenager be at 100% mentally given the Auburn debacle.

VernandGary.jpg

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I'm the furthest thing from an Ohio State fan, but I would expect no worse than 11-1 had they played Alabama's schedule. Possibly 12-0, but there's a chance the slip up and get upset by an Ole Miss or Georgia.

The SEC is top heavy. The it had four decent teams this year. Granted we could debate all day about Georgia. LSU, Florida and Bama were solid but there's a lot of awful teams. SC, Vandy, Mizzoi, Kentucky, A&M. The whole conference is not as good as they make it sounds. The East especially generally sucks.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
ECU will decline any Bowl invitation it receives.

I am disappoint, we had some **** luck this year, but I admire the AD standing on his principles that we didn't earn it.

Watch out next year baby :arr::arr::arr:

The team was not up for the OU game, I know that sounds lame, I agree with you, but I honestly think it was true, how could anyone, let alone a teenager be at 100% mentally given the Auburn debacle.

VernandGary.jpg

LOL at uncle Gary. That's a creepy looking pic. He looks mad pissed though.

member 51464

I find conference dominance talk silly. Look at how many times the BCS got the national championship wrong and that was just picking two individual teams. Trying to compare double digits teams from two groups is basically an exercise in futility since so few games are played in common and the season is so short, relatively speaking.

Ever since the scholarship limit went down and started pushing talent down, there just aren't as many amazing teams as there used to be. What can you do.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
That was last year. Different team, also I still maintain Lane Kiffin beat Alabama, not tOSU. RB's averaging 7 and 6 yards yards respectively and he goes full derp with all his bubble screens and post routes :laugh:

Different team. for who? bama? Ohio state is roughly the same. And they have not been trying all year. You saw how they played Michigan. Maybe Michigan just played bad and didnt care. But Michigan isn't a garbage team.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
New rankings are out. No real surprises other then the committee really doesn't think much of Stanford apparently. I'm not entirely sold they move up with a win though I'm thinking SC could win that one in all honesty. Carolina is far enough back that they won't move all the way up if they win. They are even behind FSU.

It's not that they arent impressed with stanford. Theres just no room. Oklahoma is locked in. Alabama is pretty much a lock. Clemson should be there. If Iowa isnt undefeated Stanford moves up. And MSU/Ohio state are just better.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It's not that they arent impressed with stanford. Theres just no room. Oklahoma is locked in. Alabama is pretty much a lock. Clemson should be there. If Iowa isnt undefeated Stanford moves up. And MSU/Ohio state are just better.

Yes....and no. I mean they are one spot behind MD. You think they'd put them ahead of Ohio State anyway. I'm really disappointed ND is still so high. Not that it matters but I mean they barely dropped. I know some teams lost but why are they ahead of an FSU/UNC one loss team they didn't play?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yes....and no. I mean they are one spot behind MD. You think they'd put them ahead of Ohio State anyway. I'm really disappointed ND is still so high. Not that it matters but I mean they barely dropped. I know some teams lost but why are they ahead of an FSU/UNC one loss team they didn't play?

Idk. But if UNC beats Clemson it looks like ND could make the playoffs that way. Kind of make no sense but eh whatever. Nothing will happen anyway. Top four will remain the same Except MSU will be in there. Clemson might lose but I doubt it.

whats annoying is that teams that start out top 10 and they really dont move no matter what till the end of the season or something drastically happens. like nd. Started out the year near or in the top 10, struggled with Georgia Tech and Virginia not to mention others. But they are praised elite. Not to mention Auburn but I dont think they were top 10.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
UNC and FSU both lost to teams that went 3-9 and the only good win between them is FSU beating UF. Not to mention UNC played two FCS teams OOC. Pretty easy to see why ND is ahead of both. ND lost on the road on a last second FG to a top ten team, not sure why people would expect a big drop. It's not like anyone outside the top 10 had a huge win this weekend.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
UNC and FSU both lost to teams that went 3-9 and the only good win between them is FSU beating UF. Not to mention UNC played two FCS teams OOC. Pretty easy to see why ND is ahead of both. ND lost on the road on a last second FG to a top ten team, not sure why people would expect a big drop. It's not like anyone outside the top 10 had a huge win this weekend.

Well it does bring an interesting point though. Do they look at the number of losses or has that changed? I actually can see them NOT putting UNC in the top 4 regardless of what Stanford does.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Idk. But if UNC beats Clemson it looks like ND could make the playoffs that way. Kind of make no sense but eh whatever. Nothing will happen anyway. Top four will remain the same Except MSU will be in there. Clemson might lose but I doubt it.

whats annoying is that teams that start out top 10 and they really dont move no matter what till the end of the season or something drastically happens. like nd. Started out the year near or in the top 10, struggled with Georgia Tech and Virginia not to mention others. But they are praised elite. Not to mention Auburn but I dont think they were top 10.

ND wouldn't jump Ohio State...especially Stamford if Stanford wins. I don't know why everyone is convinced MSU will win though. I actually think Clemson loses. This is the best offense they'll face all year. Lowly SC put up 25 on that D.

The rankings will never make sense to me. Either you penalize teams all the time for struggling for bad teams or you don't and say a win is a win and move on.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I know. I didn't expect a huge drop. But it's just weird seeing that UNC a team that has more of a chance to make the playoffs then nd right now (0%) is below them.

Yeah SE i know ND has no chance to make it. But like I said above. Just weird seeing a team with a better chance to make the playoffs be below a team with none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad