#1 Clemson @ South Carolina (12pm ESPN)
#8 Ohio State @ #10 Michigan (12pm ABC)
Georgia @ Georgia Tech (12pm ESPN2)
VA Tech @ Virginia (12pm ESPNU)
Cincinnati @ ECU (12pm CBSS)
#2 Alabama @ Auburn (3:30pm CBS)
Penn St @ #5 Michigan St (3:30pm ESPN)
#14 UNC @ NC State (3:30pm ABC/ESPN2)
#16 Northwestern @ Illinois (3:30pm ESPNU)
#22 UCLA @ USC (3:30pm ABC/ESPN2)
Wisconsin @ Minnesota (3:30pm BTN)
#18 Ole Miss @ #21 Miss State (7:15pm ESPN2)
#6 Notre Dame @ #9 Stanford (7:30pm FOX)
#13 Florida St @ #12 Florida (7:30pm ESPN)
Texas A&M @ LSU (7:30pm SECN)
#3 Oklahoma @ #11 Oklahoma St (8pm ABC)

***Rankings will change tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2008
OSU gonna come out pissed against Michigan which is not what I Wanted. It's this weekend, then the next, then the season is essentially over for me (ignore almost every bowl game)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I got an update from I think Sports Nation of my facebook this morning saying that currently only 71 teams are Bowl Eligible, but they need 80 teams to fill every Bowl.

What is the metric to determine which lucky nine 5-7 teams get to go Bowling? :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I am conflicted. On one hand I agree with you 100% and like 90% or them lose money. But on the other hand, if you look at it from the players perspective, for a lot of the smaller schools, the Beef O'Brady's Bowl, Duck Commander Independence Bowl, Motel 6 Cactus Bowl (if it's a nite game, they will leave the lights on for you :sarcasm:), or w/e might be those kids only opportunity to A) play on national TV and B) experience a Bowl, whatever it is. I remember when ECU beat the University of Ohio a few years ago in the Beef O'Brady's Bowl and those kids looked like they just won the power ball.

That is not something I would like to take away from them, even if it does qualify as a waste of money.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I'm over bowl games. Yeah its great during holiday week. It gives us something to watch but most of the games stink. You get compelling matchups down the line but they have come up with so many stupid bowls and the names get dumber by the year. Rewarding mediocrity I'd stupid. Its like the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I'm over bowl games. Yeah its great during holiday week. It gives us something to watch but most of the games stink. You get compelling matchups down the line but they have come up with so many stupid bowls and the names get dumber by the year. Rewarding mediocrity I'd stupid. Its like the every kid deserves a trophy mentality.

This makes sense on premise, but you have to account for the fact that there are like ~120 Div 1 schools.

You can't have like 10 Bowls.

The players love the bowls.

so much this. even my podunk school makes a tidy profit every year. then can suck it up to let the kids travel to a city they've likely never been too before and party for a week and experience a playoff game :)

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
This makes sense on premise, but you have to account for the fact that there are like ~120 Div 1 schools.

so much this. even my podunk school makes a tidy profit every year. then can suck it up to let the kids travel to a city they've likely never been too before and party for a week and experience a playoff game :)

Especially if your team is headed to Hawaii or the Bahamas to play an exhibition game.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Welly hint there was ditch them and have an FCS style playoff. These bowls do have big money though.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I got an update from I think Sports Nation of my facebook this morning saying that currently only 71 teams are Bowl Eligible, but they need 80 teams to fill every Bowl.

What is the metric to determine which lucky nine 5-7 teams get to go Bowling? :laugh:

Minnesota, Ecu, Indiana, Mizzou, Kentucky, Tulsa, Virginia Tech, Kansas State, Old Dominion, Buffalo, and maybe ULL win. once or twice to get into the bowl

Too bad Texas plays Baylor

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

It really depends. The big teams games are fun if they dont play teams that just got .500

Like Michigan vs Florida = good

Florida vs a team like Indiana = nono

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
anyone else think Iowa loses at Nebraska? Only favored by 1 1/2, Vegas is BEGGING you to take Iowa. That line stinks. Gotta be Nebraska, right?

Sep 19, 2008
bowl games are boring and often involve irrelevant schools. Then again having such a low threshold allows Virginia Tech to keep their bowl streak alive. Going to the Hyundai Sun bowl!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
anyone else think Iowa loses at Nebraska? Only favored by 1 1/2, Vegas is BEGGING you to take Iowa. That line stinks. Gotta be Nebraska, right?

Yes. Hawkeyes have been playing with fire this year and they've played **** all in terms of opponents. Their only impressive win was against Northwestern. Pitt and Wisconsin (especially Wisconsin) both managed to beat themselves in those two games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad