NCAA GDT: Week 13: Rivalry Weekend

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't get the whining about there being too many bowls to be honest.

(1) College football has like the longest off-season of any sport. If these bowls keep me occupied through December and into the first week of January I am all for them.

(2) A lot of the lower tier bowl games with mediocre teams actually end up being very entertaining. Sometimes it's more fun watching two 6-6 teams slug it out than it is watching a top tier bowl.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

(1) College football has like the longest off-season of any sport. If these bowls keep me occupied through December and into the first week of January I am all for them.

(2) A lot of the lower tier bowl games with mediocre teams actually end up being very entertaining. Sometimes it's more fun watching two 6-6 teams slug it out than it is watching a top tier bowl.

Because they become offensive shootouts like BYU and Memphis lol

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Lol. Big ten is just as good as the sec maybe even better

MSU, Ohio state and Iowa are better or on the same page as the sec top 3. Iowa is near florida

Michigan (soon to be considered one of the best b1g schools) and wisc, northwestern are good.

Penn State, Indiana, Minnesota are not to be taken lightly. (Penn state probably the worst out of them)

The only really bad teams in the b1g are Purdue. Rutgers, Maryland, and Illinois. Rutgers and Maryland could be in other conferences right now. which would leave only 1 or 2 bad teams.

Last edited:

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Texas is like the only team that doesnt show their scores, record and schedule on google i actually have to go into the website. I can look at Iowa states even

I dont know if Texas has the toughest, but it is def up there.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Where did I say Ohio State ran some gauntlet?

But you can replace those five teams you listed with Charleston Southern, Middle Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana Monroe, and Auburn.

Fact of the matter is, if Florida wins the SEC CG, the vaunted SEC may not and should not have a playoff participant.

arkansas and auburn sucked this year, but would murder like 90% of the B1G

well maybe not auburn, they are usually better but are really really bad this year

arkansas, even on a down year, would boat race anyone not named msu or osu tho

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
arkansas and auburn sucked this year, but would murder like 90% of the B1G

well maybe not auburn, they are usually better but are really really bad this year

arkansas, even on a down year, would boat race anyone not named msu or osu tho

Can't really say Arkansas would boat race 90% of the Big Ten, they lost to Toledo..

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Can't really say Arkansas would boat race 90% of the Big Ten, they lost to Toledo..

toledo was ranked for most of the season and is a better team than most of the b1g

i know that you are an osu fan and wanna defend ur conference but even you have to admit how bad it is

it is not just the b1g tho

lots of teams in lots of conferences still somehow rest on 80+ year old laurels

the b1g gets by more on prestige than it does on substance

even you have to admit that

Sep 19, 2008

Because most people don't know or care about north Alabama state against Cincinnati Tech

Unless you are a scout you should not actively engage yourself in watching all thirty two bowls. I think I saw one bowl last year. After this weekend college football is essentially over for us fans.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
serious question, what do you think osu's record would be if they had played this schedule?

12341058_10153633578460709_4236340052014292944_n.jpg

i am pretty sure most everyone would agree that they would come out of that with more than one loss

osu's most impressive win this season was a 42-24 win @ virginia tech and that wasn't even a conference game :laugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Bowl Projections show:

Alabama-Mich St
Penn St-LSU
Northwestern-Tennessee

.....pretty sure the Big 10 goes 1-2 there.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Ole Miss is the only one that would give the Buckeyes a game.

I love seeing the love for Bama and the schedule. As for Ole Miss being the only team to give the Buckeyes a game, I absolutely disagree. Buckeyes played one game this year where they past the 'eye test', and that was against Michigan. The other games they looked awful and took awhile to get started. Anyone who watches the Buckeyes HAS to be disappointed as it took them a game against Michigan to finally look like they were all on the same page.

I do think as a Bama fan, that the Big Ten is a better conference.

Alabama > Michigan State
Florida < Iowa
Ole Miss < OSU
LSU < Michigan
Mississippi State > Penn State

and then we get in stupid conversations. I've said since the middle of this year that I think the best conferences in order of the 'Power 5' are.

Big Ten
Big 12
SEC
PAC 10
ACC

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Because most people don't know or care about north Alabama state against Cincinnati Tech

Unless you are a scout you should not actively engage yourself in watching all thirty two bowls. I think I saw one bowl last year. After this weekend college football is essentially over for us fans.

You can do as you please, but plenty of fans watch the bowls, hence why they keep playing them and they keep getting televised. I'd say the vast majority of college football fans watches at least the New Years Bowls and playoff games.

And if only scouts watched the rest, they wouldn't put them on TV. For us hardcore fans of college football who watch 4-5 games every week there's something in every game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
not sure anyone can claim "great" this year...Florida is ranked 15th in the coaches poll, that's good for the EIGHTH BEST TWO LOSS TEAM!!!! There is a LOT of mediocre out there this year...

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The complaints about the number of bowls are silly. The idea that a bowl is a reward for a good season is outdated thinking. They are now programming for ESPN, FS1, and the other sports cable networks, and they serve a purpose as such in what's otherwise a bit of a dead period.

Sep 19, 2008
No one should complain about osu schedule I'd love to complain about it if there was anything to complain about, since I hate osu

BUT they scheduled hard

VT is hard

Sep 19, 2008
You can do as you please, but plenty of fans watch the bowls, hence why they keep playing them and they keep getting televised. I'd say the vast majority of college football fans watches at least the New Years Bowls and playoff games.

And if only scouts watched the rest, they wouldn't put them on TV. For us hardcore fans of college football who watch 4-5 games every week there's something in every game.

BUT How many watch the early games?

It used to be power 5 I'd watch but I don't even care anymore. It's a glorified exhibition game.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
so. Ohio state beats alabama. But yet. they would get demolished by everybody in the sec? Lets remember and Urban Meyer coached Florida and still won the sec for years.

how does that make sense. The whole SEC east is trash besides 1 or 2 teams.

Auburn and Arkansas suck.

One Ole Miss team is good, The other is bad. Bama is good. LSU is good but chokes. same with A and M.Miss state would be middle of the pack in the b1g sometimes at the top.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
No one should complain about osu schedule I'd love to complain about it if there was anything to complain about, since I hate osu

BUT they scheduled hard

VT is hard

They only played against Michigan, Michigan state, and possibly Indiana this year. I dont know about vt. But I don't think they are that good. I don't think they have any real reason to try in the Minnesota game, could be wrong

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
so. Ohio state beats alabama. But yet. they would get demolished by everybody in the sec? Lets remember and Urban Meyer coached Florida and still won the sec for years.

how does that make sense. The whole SEC east is trash besides 1 or 2 teams.

Auburn and Arkansas suck.

One Ole Miss team is good, The other is bad. Bama is good. LSU is good but chokes. same with A and M.Miss state would be middle of the pack in the b1g sometimes at the top.

That was last year. Different team, also I still maintain Lane Kiffin beat Alabama, not tOSU. RB's averaging 7 and 6 yards yards respectively and he goes full derp with all his bubble screens and post routes :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad