NCAA GDT: Week 12

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
i miss the 1-AA football threads we used to have here. had some good discussions. now 1-AA football talk with everyone involved. just seems to get lost in the thread.
wasnt sure UNH would get in honestly. thought those 2 bad losses early in the year to Deleware and Stony Brook.
probably one of the worst offenses we have had here in a long time.

Haven't really been paying attention lately (App is already getting votes in the AP Top 25 WOO), but I did check out the brackets today. They seem to be throwing out the "avoiding rematches" rule. I mean, William and Mary and Richmond could potentially play twice in three weeks.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You know even though the rankings aren't out yet its not impossible for Ohio State to Stoll make the playoff. I'm guessing they'll still be in the top 10 towards the bottom. Iowa losing to Nebraska isn't unrealistic. ND loses at Stanford. Again hardly unrealistic. Iowa beats Michigan State. OK State beats Oklahoma. Ohio State wins out. Maybe Baylor losing to TCU but I think the committee would take a one loss Big Ten team before a Big 12 team not named Oklahoma.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
And when you look at Navy's record they haven't done much to impress either outside of a upset against Memphis

and that memphis team beat ole miss who you said was a big win over for florida

florida has beaten 4 sec teams under .500, new mexico state who is under .500, florida atlantic who is under .500, east carolina who is under .500

so 7 out of their ten wins are against sub .500 teams. sure georgia and ole miss are great wins as well as Tennessee but lets not act like navy doesnt compare to the other leagues on who they have played

navy has wins over 8-3 air force, teams over .500 in memphis, uconn, south florida. so navy has more wins over .500 teams then florida does

now lets be clear, navy is not in the same league as florida but when 3/4 of florida wins are against sub .500 teams, whats the difference"?

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
And Memphis lost to Houston....who lost to Connecticut.

so if we are gonna punish navy for that then why not punish florida for 7/10 wins vs below .500 teams?

thats why things dont make sense on this stuff. you win the games you are given. if we arent saying florida should drop for playing all the below .500 (sure sec, blah blah blah) teams then we cant do it for other conference teams

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
so if we are gonna punish navy for that then why not punish florida for 7/10 wins vs below .500 teams?

thats why things dont make sense on this stuff. you win the games you are given. if we arent saying florida should drop for playing all the below .500 (sure sec, blah blah blah) teams then we cant do it for other conference teams

I agree but its all we have to base things on. Teams won't make real schedules if they don't have to because one loss can mean your season. Florida can solve all their problems though by beating Alabama.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Why not? A third stronger. We're talking about a guy who is never realistically supposed to see the field.

Going to a third stringer in college is not typically the crippling blow that it would be in the NFL. I seem to recall a third stringer winning the national title last year.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Iowa loses to Nebraska
Michigan St loses to Iowa
Notre Dame loses to Stanford
Alabama loses to Auburn
Oklahoma loses to Ok St.

Ohio St beats Michigan

hey…I can dream

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Iron Bowl Week baby! Definitely the largest rivalry in the South, and maybe nation. Love beating Auburn and I think we'll do just that this year.

My 'other' team is playing Northwestern this weekend, so who knows how that'll go.

Roll Tide ya'll.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Iowa loses to Nebraska
Michigan St loses to Iowa
Notre Dame loses to Stanford
Alabama loses to Auburn
Oklahoma loses to Ok St.

Ohio St beats Michigan

hey…I can dream

That's not exactly what is needed. You left out Baylor to TCU. UNC can beat Clemson I think. Florida's offense has been awful but I think that D if they stop Henry can get mistakes from Coker.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Iron Bowl Week baby! Definitely the largest rivalry in the South, and maybe nation. Love beating Auburn and I think we'll do just that this year.

My 'other' team is playing Northwestern this weekend, so who knows how that'll go.

Roll Tide ya'll.

Would disagree with the nation. The only time I can ever think of that game meaning big things for both teams is 2013. Ohio State/Michigan has had more on the line more than once.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Would disagree with the nation. The only time I can ever think of that game meaning big things for both teams is 2013. Ohio State/Michigan has had more on the line more than once.

2006 Michigan/Ohio State

both teams undefeated. win and you go to the natty pretty much

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec

That's why I said 'maybe'. I've noticed that the Iron Bowl seems to be a lot more hatred, plus it's between two teams in the same state and having ZERO professional sports.

Michigan/OSU is between two more historically relevant teams (thanks to Auburn...), so that's why I think it's typically a bigger game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad