NCAA GDT: Week 12

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
So the big ones are:

Michigan St at tOSU
North Carolina at VTech (don't sleep on Beamer's last home game)
Michigan at Penn St
Baylor at Oklahoma St
TCU at Oklahoma

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
First time in 5 years Gameday will be in Columbus. I'll be there for the first time.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
the annual SEC "calm down before your rivalry game" week...yawn

Yes, because LSU @ Ole Miss, Miss State @ Arkansas, Tennessee @ Mizzou are such stinkers :rolleyes: Heck, UGA may have their hands full with Georgia Southern.

We get Coastal Carolina. One of the better FCS schools out there. Imagine it won't be pretty but we'll win. I can only imagine everyone will be focused on Auburn.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yes, because LSU @ Ole Miss, Miss State @ Arkansas, Tennessee @ Mizzou are such stinkers :rolleyes: Heck, UGA may have their hands full with Georgia Southern.

We get Coastal Carolina. One of the better FCS schools out there. Imagine it won't be pretty but we'll win. I can only imagine everyone will be focused on Auburn.

hqdefault.jpg

Well, they did have to give something for CBS to show.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There's really 2 games to watch. Although I think Ohio State wins by 15+

Baylor and OK State could be lots of offense. Fun stuff. YCU won't win IF Boykin is out. If Boykin plays its watchable.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Boykin and Doctson might miss the game. Foster Sawyer is a talented kid and the future of the program but going into Norman against Oklahoma is a big task.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Need a big win against the Knights to keep our Bowl chances alive.

Also, why does my stupid school play all these random, mid week nite games that I can't watch. Play your games Saturday afternoon like a normal program :rant:

I blame ESPN.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Think a lot of it has to do with the meaningful state of that game often.

I just would never root for Michigan, unless it's the only way MSU could be helped, maybe that's just me. Only way I'm rooting for them is, if it were to get MSU a guaranteed shot for the title, yet I've seen Michigan fans root for OSU about every year now regardless of Michigan's own chances.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Why do Michigan fans claim that Ohio State is their biggest rival, yet you guys root for them against MSU every year.

Speaking on behalf of a large part of tOSU fans, but many Buckeye fans really want both teams to be undefeated every year so that the game can be without question the biggest rivalry game in all of sports. When one team doesn't hold up their end of the bargain…..you're almost a little pissed.

At the same time…..everyone loves a Wolverine loss. :)

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Speaking on behalf of a large part of tOSU fans, but many Buckeye fans really want both teams to be undefeated every year so that the game can be without question the biggest rivalry game in all of sports. When one team doesn't hold up their end of the bargain…..you're almost a little pissed.

At the same time…..everyone loves a Wolverine loss. :)

That's what I don't get! Michigan State has won 7 of 8 against Michigan, yet I still hear the drivel every year about how Dantonio is scared of insert coaches name here. Even if they go 0-12 I would still hear it lol

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I don't root for anyone between OSU and MSU. In the past I probably would have rooted for MSU but nowadays I really don't care.

I still think Dantonio doesn't even really want to beat OSU that badly. His biggest game is the Michigan game even if the OSU game is technically bigger. I don't think MSU fans even hold it against him because they are like that, too. Like they want to beat OSU to go to the championship or the Rose Bowl or whatever, but there's not the intensity and fire there that they have for the Michigan game. There's no bad blood at all, in fact, they almost seem to fraternize in their dislike for Michigan. I mean OSU fans say they don't give a damn about the entire state of Michigan but that's only because they 100% associate the entire state with Michigan and MSU is just kinda there as an afterthought.

As a result I'd be pretty surprised if they win in Columbus this week.

Sep 19, 2008
RT @SethEmersonAJC Richt clarifies that he ate a 10-egg omelette at the breakfast with Eason because "when you order an omelette out there you get 10 eggs."

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Why do Michigan fans claim that Ohio State is their biggest rival, yet you guys root for them against MSU every year.

If MSU loses Michigan has a chance to win the conference. If MSU wins i think it pretty much means Michigan only gets an above average bowl at best

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
BC and ND at dirty Fenway. Interesting. Not sure how good the game will be but interesting.

Either a blowout by 30 points, or Boston college keeps it close and loses by 7 at most (10 if late fg for nd) or maybe win it. I think it will be the latter.

Notre Dame will probably look at BC record and think 3 and 7? Easy peasy. Lets just focus on Stanford. And the fact that they have problems with Boston College for some reason

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Either a blowout by 30 points, or Boston college keeps it close and loses by 7 at most (10 if late fg for nd) or maybe win it. I think it will be the latter.

Notre Dame will probably look at BC record and think 3 and 7? Easy peasy. Lets just focus on Stanford. And the fact that they have problems with Boston College for some reason

Trap "neutral site" game overlooking to Stanford?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Notre Dame should be concerned that their resume took a major hit last week. They're going to have no wins vs. ranked teams and beating Stanford in 2 weeks may put them out of the rankings as well. But as usual, when we get to the end of the season, people tend to decide that no one played anybody.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Notre Dame should be concerned that their resume took a major hit last week. They're going to have no wins vs. ranked teams and beating Stanford in 2 weeks may put them out of the rankings as well. But as usual, when we get to the end of the season, people tend to decide that no one played anybody.

To this day, I still proudly wear this t-shirt.

ScreenShot2012-12-08at12.16.14PM_crop_north.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad