NCAA GDT: Week 12

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
The head to head game is the tie break, unless three or more teams have the same conference record, in which case:

(from wiki)

The following procedures will only be used to eliminate all but two teams, at which point the two-team tie-breaking procedure (head-to-head result) will be applied.

1 - Head-to-head (best record in games among the tied teams).
2 - Record in games played within the division.
3 - Record against the next highest placed team in the division (based on record in all Conference games, both divisional and cross-divisional), proceeding through the division.
4 - Record in common Conference games.
5 - Highest CFP ranking following the last weekend of regular-season games.

Stanford lost to Oregon, so if they stay tied, Chairman Mallard will be in a good mood :)

Stanford won the North. Injuries happen, but Oregon with Adams would have won the P12. Still don't think they would be a playoff team if he stayed healthy they'd have had a chance and the defense has slightly improved. Either way I like the way the team responded. They were 3-3 and they're a team expected to contend for a title so they could have easily just had the wheels completely fall off and instead they rallied and have gotten better every week, beating some good teams along the way.

Last edited:

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Montana > Montana State

Just have to throw that out there.

It's a good thing I don't have a horse in that race, the animosity when I was in Helena for training this past week was fun to see, and then I had two co-workers at the game yesterday, although one was only tailgating. I was at the Griz-Cats game last year, and surprising do remember it, in spite of the Jameson shots after every Griz TD.

However, where the hell was this Montana offense earlier in the season? Could've beat Cal Poly and Weber St if they actually scored some points.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
It's a good thing I don't have a horse in that race, the animosity when I was in Helena for training this past week was fun to see, and then I had two co-workers at the game yesterday, although one was only tailgating. I was at the Griz-Cats game last year, and surprising do remember it, in spite of the Jameson shots after every Griz TD.

However, where the hell was this Montana offense earlier in the season? Could've beat Cal Poly and Weber St if they actually scored some points.

It's hard to get a new offense working when you have a new QB every 3 quarters :laugh:

I've given up on predicting this Montana team...if I'm down on them they pull off an impressive victory, if I'm up on them they do squat against Weber ****ing State. Cal Poly has always given the Griz issues because they're the only FCS team outside of the east coast that pulls that run option garbage.

Griz-Cat is a blast to be a part of...the entire state shuts down and focuses just on that...pretty great stuff, especially when your horse wins almost every time :D

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
By the way, if Zeke Elliott said he was going pro, doesn't that make him ineligible?

member 51464

I doubt it. He'd probably have to hire an agent and whatnot first before there were issues.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I hate how people say Florida should be penalized for winning barely against FAU but nobody says ND should be penalized with struggling with BC or Oklahoma should be penalized for letting a 3rd stringer almost make a big comeback on the road.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Did someone actually ask Cardale if he's going pro? I saw the tweet, all it said was that it was the last time he was going into the Shoe, never specified whether he meant this year, or ever.

I think its hilarious that those guys lose 1 game and everyone is at each other's throat. They didn't do this when they lost to Virginia Tech

Cardale is an idiot. He should have capitalized after that 3 game stretch last year lol

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Cardale is an idiot. He should have capitalized after that 3 game stretch last year lol

Well the coaching staff apparently wasn't very upfront and honest about things with Jones.

But ya, what a horrific career decision that is going to cost him millions. If he develops into an NFL starter he will get paid regardless but if he pulls a Leinart, Locker, Russell he is going to regret coming back to school and missing out on all that money.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
exactly WHO is available for these jobs? There's already a rather thin coaching talent pool

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 7m7 minutes ago
13 openings (for now): Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa State, Maryland, Miami, Mizzou, North Texas, South Carolina, Syracuse, UCF, ULM, USC, Va. Tech

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Well the coaching staff apparently wasn't very upfront and honest about things with Jones.

But ya, what a horrific career decision that is going to cost him millions. If he develops into an NFL starter he will get paid regardless but if he pulls a Leinart, Locker, Russell he is going to regret coming back to school and missing out on all that money.

He isn't going to be more than a 6th or 7th round pick or UDFA. His tape is terrible.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I hate how people say Florida should be penalized for winning barely against FAU but nobody says ND should be penalized with struggling with BC or Oklahoma should be penalized for letting a 3rd stringer almost make a big comeback on the road.

Because TCU and B.C. aren't Florida Atlantic. Florida also barely beat Vandy at home.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Montana > Montana State

Just have to throw that out there.

i miss the 1-AA football threads we used to have here. had some good discussions. now 1-AA football talk with everyone involved. just seems to get lost in the thread.
wasnt sure UNH would get in honestly. thought those 2 bad losses early in the year to Deleware and Stony Brook.
probably one of the worst offenses we have had here in a long time.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Florida has shown they can step up and beat better competition(Ole Miss), Notre Dame has not done that. Their biggest "win" was against Temple.

Well they will probably beat Stanford on the road. So that will be a better win and the Navy win. Also doing it with a ton of injuries.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006

One of those things is not like the other. Punish Oklahoma for a close win over a ranked opponent? C'mon man!

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
how good is that Navy win tho? Navy has feasted on a subpar conference

a subpar conference had 4 teams ranked just last week? guess thats a different definition of subpar then I know

lets not forget, memphis from that conference beat ole miss, the team florida is getting glory for in this thread and navy took them to school

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad