:flames @ :cbj

Thursday
:wild VS :flames

Saturday
:nashville VS :flames

Sunday
:flames @ :edmonton

Story-lines:

• This week will be a true test for the Flames as 3 out of the four teams have 30 plus points with Division leading Nashville being the highlight of the week on Saturday night. Then on Sunday the Flames travel to Edmonton for one of their few back-to-backs. This will be a huge test for the players.
  • Despite getting 5 of a possible 6 points last week the fans, media, players, and coaches all know the Flames need to play better than they did last week if they are going to continue to succeed.
  • Smith has strung 3 solid games together to create a true competition for the starting role.
  • With Hathaway going down against Chicago is this just the sign of things to come with Frolik, Stone, Valimaki already out? Is Hamonic good to go Tuesday. Injuries could make life interesting.
  • Kylington has shown signs of falling into his bad habits in Chicago... Will these issues be rectified?
  • Can the Flames take 3 of 4 taking control of their own destiny?
  • Anything more than 4 points this week should be considered a success.
  • Calgary has a great opportunity to put distance between themselves and the rest of the Division.
  • The Sharks have an easier week playing Carolina (Minus Ferly- Concussion), Dallas and the Yotes.
  • Anaheim is now getting healthier and with all world Getzlaf coming into form the Ducks have shown they are not to be removed from any discussion about the Pacific. They play an easier week against Chicago, Carolina, and New Jersey.
Weekly Rankings:
J50jArX.jpg

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Would like to see Rittich start the next 3 games and Smith start the Oiler game.

Reactions: SKRusty

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Would like to see Rittich start the next 3 games and Smith start the Oiler game.
My read is starts will be alternated upon a loss meaning Smith will likely get the start against Columbus. The only exception will be the back to back if Smith runs the table. That would be a nice problem to have.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I'll be happy if we pick up 2 points in our next two games. We've just never matched up well against the Jackets or Wild very well over the years.

As for Nashville and Edmonton, we can easily pick up 4/4 there

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
My read is starts will be alternated upon a loss meaning Smith will likely get the start against Columbus. The only exception will be the back to back if Smith runs the table. That would be a nice problem to have.
If that's the case then Rittich will likely start against Minny. Smith has been playing a lot better but he's also gotten some lucky saves against some pretty piss poor competition lately. Just find that Smith lunges at the puck too often and then ends up on his belly unable to make a second save if required. Maybe that's just his style but I don't like it.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I'll be happy if we pick up 2 points in our next two games. We've just never matched up well against the Jackets or Wild very well over the years.

As for Nashville and Edmonton, we can easily pick up 4/4 there

Need two points from Nashville who are without Forsberg, Arvidsson, Subban and Turris. Plus we always play them well

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
According to Steinberg, Rittich in the starter's net during practice for the Jackets game.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Columbus will be the bigget test IMO. Minnesota will be dependent on Dubnyk playing all world. Nashville we always play well and if the 4 players mentioned above are all out then we should be able to beat them. Edmonton we just need to hold off McDavid and Drai like we did the last time and we should dummy them.

Hoping for 4-0 week obviously, time to make some distant between us and the Jabroni teams under us in the division and get into the top 3 in the league.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Honestly, 2-2 would be nice. If we can snag 2/3 wins against the first 3 three teams I won't be too upset if Edmonton somehow won.

4 points is the minimum I'd want, 5 points is what I expect, 6-8 points would be awesome.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Just noticed the title of the thread, mods please edit to have:

Battle of the Titans... and Edmonton.

They could be Titans of the First round pick.
Or the Lonely Titan.. Connor and crap
Or The Titan..ic or Titan - ick

Reactions: Janks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad