Patriots/NFL Wednesday AFTERNOON Football???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You don't remember how he wouldn't say what he was doing and then dropped that ominous commercial where he was walking into an empty stadium in near silhouette?

Not saying what he was doing doesn't bother me. He was a free agent seeing what was out there. I do remember that post and people trying to determine if he was walking towards the stadium or away from it but he's always been a little goofy with social media. It's easy for me to root for him. It's not like the Pats were begging him to come back either.

Reactions: Scruffy

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I wish Patricia did better in Detroit but he could have used a little more time before taking an HC job. Was a few times when it felt like he overthought what was happening. I would bet he gets another shot in a few years. Can’t imagine he gives ncaa but he may actually fit at Vandy. He should call up Kiffin at Ole miss for a dc gig.

also Bruce Arians has no idea how to use timeouts

Reactions: CDJ

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
So where does he rank in the all time Belichick bust list? Absolutely comical when you see what WRs who were picked after him are doing.

comical is the monday morning QB'ing everyone is doing on Harry.

When picked he was by far the BPA, the picked was universally praised and the media here were gushing about having such a weapon at WR

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
comical is the monday morning QB'ing everyone is doing on Harry.

When picked he was by far the BPA, the picked was universally praised and the media here were gushing about having such a weapon at WR

It ain't my job to evaluate talent or a guy's mental aptitude for the job. So if you wanna go after media members go right ahead. I would still like to know where he ranks on the all time Belichick bust list though.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Spoiler alert, but Brady being a petulant, whiny child didn't start this year.

Hes smart to not take the bait on questions about arians unlike arians who can't resist passing the buck. No need for drama during a bye week and those questions about arians are to generate headlines

"It’s just external noise that when you are losing, that’s what you deal with," Brady replied. “I love playing with the guys that I play with, the coaches, the whole organization has been unbelievable. I think I have to go out and certainly do a better job the last four weeks of the year. So, I appreciate it. Let’s have a good week."

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Hes smart to not take the bait on questions about arians unlike arians who can't resist passing the buck. No need for drama during a bye week and those questions about arians are to generate headlines

"It’s just external noise that when you are losing, that’s what you deal with," Brady replied. “I love playing with the guys that I play with, the coaches, the whole organization has been unbelievable. I think I have to go out and certainly do a better job the last four weeks of the year. So, I appreciate it. Let’s have a good week."

Arians is an idiot. Stubborn. Change your ****ing offense. Brady would have that team better with his offense.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
zero separation and hands not as good as advertised, but I wouldn't give up on him either.

The separation thing is what it is. It's something you can scheme around to a certain extent. There were three reasons to like him when he was coming out of college: size, contested catch, and YAC. Those strengths haven't translated very well to the NFL. He was a guy who was supposed to be able to catch anything thrown his way, but that hasn't happened.

The problem with Harry is that he's really not that great of a fit with the Patriots' offense, but that's probably exactly why they drafted him. They needed someone different because they've struggled developing outside receivers. The reality is that A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel were perfect fits for this offense, which is why it was annoying they passed on them, but c'est la vie.

Belichick needs to completely change how he drafts and develops WRs. Enough is enough. I don't think he respects the position all that much, considering neither of the last two WR coaches had experience coaching WRs before.

Reactions: McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The separation thing is what it is. It's something you can scheme around to a certain extent. There were three reasons to like him when he was coming out of college: size, contested catch, and YAC. Those strengths haven't translated very well to the NFL. He was a guy who was supposed to be able to catch anything thrown his way, but that hasn't happened.

The problem with Harry is that he's really not that great of a fit with the Patriots' offense, but that's probably exactly why they drafted him. They needed someone different because they've struggled developing outside receivers. The reality is that A.J. Brown and Deebo Samuel were perfect fits for this offense, which is why it was annoying they passed on them, but c'est la vie.

Belichick needs to completely change how he drafts and develops WRs. Enough is enough. I don't think he respects the position all that much, considering neither of the last two WR coaches had experience coaching WRs before.
exactly. The problem with Harry isn't that he's not doing the things he wasn't supposed to do (speed, separation), it's that he cannot do the things that are supposed to be his strength (being strong on the ball, winning contested catches, and breaking tackles in open field). It's a big disappointment.

Scruffy

Jun 18, 2009
Bawstin
Not saying what he was doing doesn't bother me. He was a free agent seeing what was out there. I do remember that post and people trying to determine if he was walking towards the stadium or away from it but he's always been a little goofy with social media. It's easy for me to root for him. It's not like the Pats were begging him to come back either.
I agree he had every right to do what he did I just wish he had more respect for people who supported him for 20 years and was more transparent.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I agree he had every right to do what he did I just wish he had more respect for people who supported him for 20 years and was more transparent.

I think that respect thing goes both ways. He probably felt disrespected at the end. But oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad