Post-Game Talk: Wed., Nov. 13, 2013|Flyers 2 at Penguins 1

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Can you really name anything he does well though? Both his goals tonight were largely the work of other players efforts, although his shot on goal one had good placement.

I'm not wanting him gone, but with Laughton waiting in the wings, and Couturier who I think will be better due to his size, Brayden might make a great trade chip.

b schenn can't create his own shot which is why he will never light it up. But i like him when he plays physical and i don't remember too many mistakes.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
I eat all my pre game words on how dumb it was to start Emery. They proved me wrong. Team needs to make sure they don't get over excited about this and stay even keeled for Winnipeg.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Can you really name anything he does well though? Both his goals tonight were largely the work of other players efforts, although his shot on goal one had good placement.

I'm not wanting him gone, but with Laughton waiting in the wings, and Couturier who I think will be better due to his size, Brayden might make a great trade chip.

He snuck behind the defense on the second goal to burry a rebound off an innocent shot from Voracek towards the goal, how exactly was that on somebody else's effort?

He's playing the wing lately & looking good while doing so, trading him would be like trading JVR all over again.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
He snuck behind the defense on the second goal to burry a rebound off an innocent shot from Voracek towards the goal, how exactly was that on somebody else's effort?

He's playing the wing lately & looking good while doing so, trading him would be like trading JVR all over again.
right place right time isnt exactly something I would hang my hat on.

JVR had shown more talent than Schenn before we traded him. I didn't like that deal then, we got the worse player, which is never good.

Again, I'm not saying he needs to go, but I'd deal him and his brother in 2 seconds for someone like yakupov or eberle (based on their talent levels alone). especially with Laughton looking so outstanding.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany

JVR had shown more talent than Schenn before we traded him. I didn't like that deal then, we got the worse player, which is never good.

Again, I'm not saying he needs to go, but I'd deal him and his brother in 2 seconds for someone like yakupov or eberle. especially with Laughton looking so outstanding.

Well, we have some grinder/power forward type wingers in Hartnell,Simmonds and to some extent McGinn.

What we need are snipers, guys with a knack to finish.
Why don't we make Vinny a fulltime W, use Simmonds or Hartnell as a trade asset in the offseason and let Coots take the 2C spot for the next season. Seems to be ready for the next step anyway.

I like what I see from B.Schenn and if I remember correctly he has his own playoff-mode. He's a feisty SOB with good hands and he HATES Crosby and loves to play against the Penguins.

Nothing wrong with that.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Again, I'm not saying he needs to go, but I'd deal him and his brother in 2 seconds for someone like yakupov or eberle (based on their talent levels alone). especially with Laughton looking so outstanding.

I'm not hanging my hat on it but it wasn't on somebody else's effort like you said.

Appleyard posted their stats through their first couple of years here & their numbers are pretty identical.

Schenn's been playing on the wing if he can handle it for a full year what Couturier & Laughton do should have no effect on him. Besides Couturier hasn't been lighting it up offensively over the last two years & Laughton's doing well but it is juniors after all.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Nice win. Too many quality chances that Emery stoned them or they messed up though.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Schenn is goal scorer and we have few of them. He is a dirty goal scorer too. he is able to get right in front of the net and do damage.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
that play by Simmer to outwork 2 Pens for the puck and get it Schenn was a thing of beauty.
huge win. very uncharacteristic play by Grossman that led to the only goal by Pittsburgh by uhh some guy in a Pens jersey who was flopping all over the ice.
anyway. ill take the 2 points. bring on the Jets.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Lol at James Neal's cross check to Kimmo's back at the end of the game. Such a Punk *****, too scared to get his faced ****ed up by Simmonds.

Great win! Let's keep it up!

SgtJoseph*

Our club did not give Pitts any SOG in the last 7.5 minutes of the game..........Great effort there !

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
Just finished watching the game. It's a good win, very impressive defensively given how many weapons Pittsburgh have. Couturier has responded well to the faith Berube has shown in him. Great to see him out there at the end barely giving Crosby a sniff.

Also nice to see the Co-Bourne Redemption taking place. He's stepped it up of late.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
This game was an example of why I don't think we can trade Coburn. 28:31 of ice time -- 4 minutes more than the next closest Flyer (Kimmo). It seemed like it was either Coburn-Kimmo or Coburn-Grossmann for the whole game. If we get rid of Coburn, it has to be a lateral trade because I can't see anyone on our current roster playing those minutes against the opponent's best.

Crescent Street

Saturday Nite Hockey
Sep 19, 2004
Long Island
This game was an example of why I don't think we can trade Coburn. 28:31 of ice time -- 4 minutes more than the next closest Flyer (Kimmo). It seemed like it was either Coburn-Kimmo or Coburn-Grossmann for the whole game. If we get rid of Coburn, it has to be a lateral trade because I can't see anyone on our current roster playing those minutes against the opponent's best.

This would be a totally different tune if Kunitz didn't kick that puck in and instead got a stick on it as a result of Coburn's brain fart to start the game. 28 minutes was a hell of a performance but he had a lot of help from Emery, Couts & co.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Berube has cleaned this team up defensively. The way they support eachother away from the puck is noticeable.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
good: coburn (after the first shift), kimmo, third line, b schenn, first line still buzzing

bad: second pp unit (other than the goal, their zone entry is horrible but at least they're getting pucks to the net and have bodies in front)

ugly: malkin gettin all grumpy with coots, coots just shrugging it off like "lol wut?"

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
This would be a totally different tune if Kunitz didn't kick that puck in and instead got a stick on it as a result of Coburn's brain fart to start the game. 28 minutes was a hell of a performance but he had a lot of help from Emery, Couts & co.

Yeah but it didn't happen. His teammates benefit from Coburn just as much as he benefits from them. Coburn is by far our best dman. Since John Paddock has been behind the bench I think he has helped Coburn to be smarter positionally and also more confident in the offensive zone. His shot looks quicker and he looks more decisive in his decision making.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think the defense has been about even (except Mez). To say is our best defender means hes playing superior to everyone else since he had struggled mightly for about 9 games.

Also does anyone else hate the word "unlucky" or "snakebitten"? Seriously to state the team was doing bad due to being snakebitten is foolish

leclair1088

Oct 27, 2011

Deal a guy in b schenn who you think can't create something for himself for a guy like yakupov who has basically admitted he doesnt like skating unless he has the puck and doesnt want to forecheck/hit aka basically another guy who wont create something for himself...makes sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad