Post-Game Talk: Wed., Nov. 13, 2013|Flyers 2 at Penguins 1

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
b schenn can't create his own shot which is why he will never light it up. But i like him when he plays physical and i don't remember too many mistakes.

how many of his own shots did a guy like LeClaire create. He was pretty elite. Even a player that I think Schenn compares to, Shane Doan, has made a nice career without being able to create his own shot.

i am not sure what your definition of eleite is but i thunk he can be a 25-30 goal scorer with his skill set, which isn't too bad.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
edit: lol ****in white font using *******

lol...sorry...gotcha!

Watching Couts just shows how much of an impact you can have on a game WITHOUT showing up on the scoresheet.

B.Schenn is on pace for more points this year than JVR in his 3rd year. Be patient.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
lol...sorry...gotcha!

Watching Couts just shows how much of an impact you can have on a game WITHOUT showing up on the scoresheet.

B.Schenn is on pace for more points this year than JVR in his 3rd year. Be patient.

I wish "Goals Prevented" was a feasible stat. It's a hell of a lot easier to win when the other team's top line is being shut down.

PhillyFlying

F1eyrS
Sep 15, 2010
Philadelphia
lol...sorry...gotcha!

and we have laughton in the pipeline...even if this year doesn't pan out the future looks mighty good (assuming homer doesn't blow it up again)

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Haha, you would be surprised. I know Rangers fans have a special hate of Malkin and his unpunished elbows and slewfoots.

Why does Malkin get away with so much? It's not just Flyers fans who say thid I have friends who are Rangers, Islanders, and Devils fans who say the same thing, he gets like a 5 year old when he doesn't play well, cheap-shots galore, and the refs let it go, why?
If he was smaller like 5'7" I could understand it a bit more but he's not

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
how many of his own shots did a guy like LeClaire create. He was pretty elite. Even a player that I think Schenn compares to, Shane Doan, has made a nice career without being able to create his own shot.

i am not sure what your definition of eleite is but i thunk he can be a 25-30 goal scorer with his skill set, which isn't too bad.

Never said elite. Also look at john leclaires linemtes. That line combined for 666 pts in 547 games. I remember leclaire just skating it to the top of the circle and blasting shots in as a kid. I just said schenn would never light it up. He seems like a 50-60pt player which makes him an average to good top 6 forward. He's a good player and there's nothing wrong with his production. My fear as a flyers fan is he gets hot and homer gives him a ridic contract.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
480999_765504846798051_2105428450_n.jpg

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I could barely breathe during the final 8 minutes last night. A real test of character and we came through. Two legitimate goalies for once and a forward corps finally finding their feet.

How optimistic can we be?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
After last night I'm feeling pretty sad for Team USA's chances, with Bylsma and Lavi as coaches. Berube got caught with his pants down by putting the 4th line out at inopportune times twice in the 1st....that was it. Otherwise you would think the Flyers had last change all game.

Bylsma seems like a guy who's good at strategy but bad at tactics.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone else think that Downie is awesome? He has great possession skills and causes a TON of turnovers. I thought he looked great last night. I would like to sign him to a multi year deal.

Read is so so so solid

Think we should sign schenn in the next few months. Im always worried about a player going off and then signing him as opposed to getting a better deal earlier.

Very happy I was one of the few or possibly the only one to say that Emery getting the start was a good move ;)

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Anyone else think that Downie is awesome? He has great possession skills and causes a TON of turnovers. I thought he looked great last night. I would like to sign him to a multi year deal.

Read is so so so solid

Think we should sign schenn in the next few months. Im always worried about a player going off and then signing him as opposed to getting a better deal earlier.

Very happy I was one of the few or possibly the only one to say that Emery getting the start was a good move ;)

Downie's been great so far. Read - Couturier - Downie line has been great. Great trade by Homer.

Read has been one of the best and most consistent players for the Flyers this season. Good job by Homer signing him to an extension.

Homer's the man. ;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
After last night I'm feeling pretty sad for Team USA's chances, with Bylsma and Lavi as coaches. Berube got caught with his pants down by putting the 4th line out at inopportune times twice in the 1st....that was it. Otherwise you would think the Flyers had last change all game.

Bylsma seems like a guy who's good at strategy but bad at tactics.

I said it a little back but Ron Wilson was the coach last go around.

Hell Joe Sacco is pretty much known as being a terrible coach & still got a pretty bad USA team to medal at the World Championship's this past summer.

I'm pretty optimistic about this upcoming Olympics but I was the same the last time as well (didn't expect them to do as well as they did but was figuring they would at least medal).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Haha, how on earth are we 3 points out of a play-off spot?

I think the only thing less predictable than the Flyers starting out with the worst offense since 1929 (a time when forward passing wasn't allowed and interference wasn't against the rules) has been the collapse of the Metro/Old Atlantic.

SgtJoseph*

I could barely breathe during the final 8 minutes last night. A real test of character and we came through. Two legitimate goalies for once and a forward corps finally finding their feet.

How optimistic can we be?

I try to always be optimistic about our club because i realize after watching the Flyers since the 60s that ANYTHING can happen, so why not look at the positive thing happening and stay with that mind set.......When our club is HEALTHY and or players are staying out of the penalty box and playing 5 on 5 hockey to their ability we can play with any team in this league and win our share of games to get in the playoffs..........Once in the playoffs anything can happen from there just like in 2010 when we needed to win a shootout just to get in, then went to the finals.....Its ALL about how you finish .You get a team that has overcome a bunch of adversity, injuries, media crap and rumors etc and that club gets into the playoffs.........LOOK THE HECK OUT ! I never apoligize to anyone for being optimistic about the Flyers, our players, coaches, GM ,owner or fan base . GO FLYERS !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad