Weber

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I personally prefer Weber to Bouillon...

Bouillon is just awful. He played well early in the season when his minutes were limited, but with the injury to Emelin, he's been forced to play more minutes and as usually with Bouillon...more minutes = very bad

Awful is definitely an exageration. He isn't as effective at 20 minutes than at 16-18. As much as I'm glad Weber is getting a chance and playing well, I trust Bouillon a lot more at 20 minutes than Weber.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Awful is definitely an exageration. He isn't as effective at 20 minutes than at 16-18. As much as I'm glad Weber is getting a chance and playing well, I trust Bouillon a lot more at 20 minutes than Weber.

He's awful when he's forced to play in the top 4 and/or over 20 mins a game...

I prefer Weber on a 3rd pairing over Bouillon personally...gives the Habs another PP option for the 2nd wave and he's actually able to put the puck on net on point shots as opposed to Bouillon.

I've never been Bouillon's biggest fan, but I admitted early in the year that he played extremely well, but ever since Emelin's injury

Yikes

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
He was injured at the trade deadline, we couldn't have moved him even if there were.
Nah he wasn't. There were tumours that came out that said Bergevin was looking for a 2nd (I think) and would not budge on his price.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Nah he wasn't. There were tumours that came out that said Bergevin was looking for a 2nd (I think) and would not budge on his price.

There were no tumors, he has a concussion.

He missed a month before the trade deadline to the end of the year, his last game was Feb 9th.

crakced

Mar 4, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
weber early last season was very good. probably our best dman on some nights. getting points, solid defensively and yes, throwing some good checks.

then, weber happened and he started sucking again... consistency and confidence has always been his problem - along with the coach playing him on whatever wing was open, and back to playing defense - no back to wing again - ok go sit in the pressbox for a while...

here's hoping he finds his confidence and consistency this time...

he's not a bust just yet!

I recall Weber playing over 20 mins a night and looking good last year for a stretch of about 10 games. Confidence has always been his problem. While we under value him on the Habs, there is no way he could pass through waivers, he would be scooped up very quickly as he is young and has lots of offensive potential. He just needs to play and gain confidence in his abilities. Will he ever be a defensive stand out, likely not, but if he can provide adequate defense, his offensive abilities could keep him the NHL for a while!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad