Weber

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Looked good. Even better when you consider how little he's played in the last year compared to some of our other d-men. If Diaz returns before the playoffs I'd give Bouillon a few games off to rest up and see how a second PP unit of Diaz-Weber does.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
At times he's a horror show defensively but even then he's not the worst guy out there, and that's 2 points in 2 games...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Also quite sad that he now has more PP points than the entire Gorges-Bouillon pairing have in 87 minutes between them.

FeelsLike93

Feb 25, 2009
Yup. When he tries too much it doesn't go we'll. I'd play him in the playoffs over Drewiskie

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I was one of them months ago (incl. last season) saying everyone was better than Weber because of his very inconsistent terrible defense (confidence issue,etc).

But now...we may have to trust him and this is another chance for Weber to prove his worth. Right now...Weber>Tinordi>Beaulieu.
I'd rather see Beaulieu and Tinordi play in the 2014 playoffs. I could be wrong...

Good luck to Weber...we may need him.
Imo, this is his BIG CHANCE.

Gorges-Subban
Markov-Diaz (can't wait:amazed:)
Bouillon-Weber
Drewiskie

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Weber as looked pretty good for hardly playing this year. Kinda happy the Habs held on to him now. Some teams must've inquired about him right?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Weber as looked pretty good for hardly playing this year. Kinda happy the Habs held on to him now. Some teams must've inquired about him right?

He was injured at the trade deadline, we couldn't have moved him even if there were.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hummm...best game so far this season. I doesn't mean much though.:amazed:

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
I've never been a huge fan of Weber, but...I know his value when/if he proves what he can really do is equivalent to a late 1st Rnd Pick or a 2nd Pick...nothing less. IF he proves what he can really do (40pt offensive dman).

Because of his piss-poor performance last season...his value went down to a 3rd or 4th, imo... not a good time to trade him.

He might end up helping us in playoffs.

And if Diaz can come back and play well...we're in good shape.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
I've never been a huge fan of Weber, but...I know his value when/if he proves what he can really do is equivalent to a late 1st Rnd Pick or a 2nd Pick...nothing less. IF he proves what he can really do (40pt offensive dman).

Because of his piss-poor performance last season...his value went down to a 3rd or 4th, imo... not a good time to trade him.

He might end up helping us in playoffs.

And if Diaz can come back and play well...we're in good shape.

What? He's not worth a 1st round pick at any point, and is pretty much near worthless at this moment.

On an other note, I'd play him over Drewiske. But if Diaz comes back, I think I'd prefer playing Drewiske because at least he's taller.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I must have been asleep. Remind me.

Yeah, Weber has some heavy, solid checks in his arsenal. If he's tidied up his defensive game and continues playing, we might see that skill if we meet Toronto in round-one.

I was also asleep last season. Had the weirdest dream that the Habs dropped out of the playoffs all the way to last....

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What? He's not worth a 1st round pick at any point, and is pretty much near worthless at this moment.

On an other note, I'd play him over Drewiske. But if Diaz comes back, I think I'd prefer playing Drewiske because at least he's taller.

Yes, "taller" is a deal maker in the NHL.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
He looked okay tonight against tampa. I don't really trust him, but he has a great opportunity right now to claim a 3rd pairing spot and a 2nd unit PP spot. The fact that he can play the PP gives him an edge over drew for the #6 spot IF weber can hold it together, and that's been a big if in his pro career.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Our D would be heller soft if Weber sticks when Diaz gets back but those two on a PP unit together could make up for it. I think its worth a shot. Our D is soft anyways.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I don't understand.
As far as this board was concerned, Weber was the worst piece of **** since that ever was in our team.

I did not see anything different from Weber this time around.
He is still a young d-men who can play in NHL.
His defense is not so bad and on the offense he can deliver more than any d-men excluding Markov and Subban.

The only thing is that he is not a tall and physical d-men.
But at 5'11" and 200 lbs he can hold himself.
BTW, In the top-30 d-men in the league, 10 are 200lbs or below.

At this point, ahead of DD44, Beaulieu, Pateryn, Tinordi.
We need to look at his stats and compare them to Bouillon.

Something else, in the new way the d-men are managed in our team (pinching and going deeper) Weber is the kind of d-men who can blossom.

Anyway, I am happy to see him having a chance to play.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Can we compare the size and weight of Weber to:
  • Letang;
  • Suter;
  • Timonen;
  • Streit;
  • Kronwall;
  • Yandle;
  • Campbell;
  • Voynov;
  • Goligoski;
  • Keith;
  • Wideman;
  • Schultz;
  • Boyle.

Of course all of these are better and older.

Diaz is two years older which is significant but in the Swiss league they had similar numbers.

Point is Diaz is better but not that much.
I would love to see Weber on the PP with Markov.

Whatever happens, Weber will have a good career in NHL with us or with another team.
I hope, for our sake, that he can get time in the PO with us.
Even if he does not play, he continues to mature and at 26-27 years old this guy is going to be a top-4.
He has a shot that can compare to Streit and Subban.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Am I the only one who remembers Weber having a physical side to his game? He laid on some almost Emelin-like checks last season that impressed me.

Do you mean, his hitting approached the level of "Emelinesque"? :handclap: (word will catch on)

Believe even a smaller guy can be Emelinesque if he has heart and gumption. Habs need that now. Honestly though would look more to Tinordi or Pateryn for that.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Am I the only one who remembers Weber having a physical side to his game? He laid on some almost Emelin-like checks last season that impressed me.

I always thought his physical game was underrated. Maybe not like Emelin but when he goes into a corner, he doesn't mind throwing the guy off.

I think we have to start questioning ourselves about why Therrien didn't play him and that it was a bad unprofessional evaluation from the coaching staff.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
weber early last season was very good. probably our best dman on some nights. getting points, solid defensively and yes, throwing some good checks.

then, weber happened and he started sucking again... consistency and confidence has always been his problem - along with the coach playing him on whatever wing was open, and back to playing defense - no back to wing again - ok go sit in the pressbox for a while...

here's hoping he finds his confidence and consistency this time...

he's not a bust just yet!

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If nothing else, playing Weber the rest of the way(rest Markov a night or two?) gives us another NHL calibre d-man back there and might help his trade value. I'm sure there are a few teams out there that can use a guy like him who can play the PP and 12-15 minutes on the 3rd pair. His biggest problem is the Habs have too many of the same type of d-man. Even on the way with Beaulieu Dietz Bennett Nygren.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I personally prefer Weber to Bouillon...

Bouillon is just awful. He played well early in the season when his minutes were limited, but with the injury to Emelin, he's been forced to play more minutes and as usually with Bouillon...more minutes = very bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->