pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
Picture from New Year's Eve skate

545256_4577391951640_1570140503_n.jpg

PaperworkNinja

May 24, 2012
Among Bureaucrats
I usually wear a blue jersey, though I also carry a white one if there's too many dark colors.

I'm surprised with the prevalence of video games that aren't more red vs. blue scrimmages instead of black vs. white.

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
In response to the previous post one of the groups my dad used to be in on Sunday mornings plays red vs blue (some of the blue guys had black jerseys and one of the red guys had a white jersey with red - basically an uncrested white Red Wings jersey).

Most other groups have had white vs colour (preferably darker colour due to a sometime vocal minority). Surprised at the posts where people are concerned about the colours of the shoulders of the jerseys or sock colour.

Five of so year ago played in a beer league - our jerseys were orange and one of the teams was red; refs and players didn't have any problems with colours that close. Our goalie was even wearing his red and white jersey that game.
Here's one pic:
Picture032_zps326afdf2.jpg

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
As the other goalie said in the thread, as long as the colours are easy to tell apart, I don't care if you dress up like Ovie or Crosby or Howe or whoever. I play pick-up hockey with some older gentlemen and some of them wear NHL jersey's. There's a white Markov Habs jersey, some Blackhawk home jersey's, a white Leafs Kessel jersey and some others that may have slipped my mind. I don't mind them, I find it interesting actually to see who wears what.

Sometimes though I'd like them to play like the player on the back :laugh: Like there's this one player that plays on my team and wears a Keith Blackhawks jersey, unfortunately not the most mobile of defenders.

sxHarr05

Feb 19, 2012
Montgomery County,PA
Black. White. Dark blue.

Played a three on three a few weeks back where apparently everyone forgot their alternates so we all had black jerseys. And helmets. Even the subs. Had to identify teammates by sticks/gloves since I wasn't real familiar with anyone.

JR97

May 16, 2012
I think most people can get away with wearing a personalized NHL jersey as long as it isnt' Gretzky, Mario, Sid, or Ovy and you're not being all Massengill.

I've got a buddy who's got nothing but Sabres gear and some authentic player jerseys he picked up somehow. Helmet to socks home and away. He gets crap all the time just because of how inept the Sabres were last year but that's it.

Conversely, there's this younger guy head to foot road or away in Toews kit. One of the better players in the skate but he gets a lot of flack because he's playing for the Stanley Cup every shift. It's one thing to pull fancy stuff on a break away or leading the rush. Nobody cares. But it's another to forecheck like a mutha and rub guys out trying to be all Toews'esque. It's a drop-in.

SaintTavares

Jul 8, 2009
Brooklyn
I think most people can get away with wearing a personalized NHL jersey as long as it isnt' Gretzky, Mario, Sid, or Ovy and you're not being all Massengill.

I've got a buddy who's got nothing but Sabres gear and some authentic player jerseys he picked up somehow. Helmet to socks home and away. He gets crap all the time just because of how inept the Sabres were last year but that's it.

Conversely, there's this younger guy head to foot road or away in Toews kit. One of the better players in the skate but he gets a lot of flack because he's playing for the Stanley Cup every shift. It's one thing to pull fancy stuff on a break away or leading the rush. Nobody cares. But it's another to forecheck like a mutha and rub guys out trying to be all Toews'esque. It's a drop-in.

It kinda sounds like you're trashing him cause he's playing harder than everyone else.

JR97

May 16, 2012
It kinda sounds like you're trashing him cause he's playing harder than everyone else.

Not at all. We all play fast for the most part. We just don't go rubbing each other out on the forecheck or get aggressive with the stick. It's one thing if we all played like it mattered because then you know what to expect. It's annoying and potentially dangerous when you don't expect it because it's just a buddy drop-in.

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012
In response to the previous post one of the groups my dad used to be in on Sunday mornings plays red vs blue (some of the blue guys had black jerseys and one of the red guys had a white jersey with red - basically an uncrested white Red Wings jersey).

Most other groups have had white vs colour (preferably darker colour due to a sometime vocal minority). Surprised at the posts where people are concerned about the colours of the shoulders of the jerseys or sock colour.

Five of so year ago played in a beer league - our jerseys were orange and one of the teams was red; refs and players didn't have any problems with colours that close. Our goalie was even wearing his red and white jersey that game.
Here's one pic:
Picture032_zps326afdf2.jpg

I can't believe nobody noticed this yet, but that goalie's mask = AMAZING

I Am Score*

I can't believe nobody noticed this yet, but that goalie's mask = AMAZING

Amazingly extremely dangerous? Haha

And yeah I am just going straight up black. The only reason I made this thread is because how uncomfortable my old one was but I ordered a new Reebok black practice jersey.

I would never wear a Penguins jersey if I was a fan here. You would get owned.

cutchemist42

Apr 7, 2011
Winnipeg
Two goalie cut jerseys:

Home Red Wings jersey with a number on it, (forget the number right now)
White Dinamo Moscow jersey with a name and number, name is in Cyrillic plus its a player no one would know anyway

I really don't understand the hate for professional jerseys out there, so long as the name isn't on it. I infact get compliments alot since I sometimes wear the SK2000.HM50 combo and people love the look. Some guys with Russian backgrounds will usually ask me about the Mockva one after handshakes.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad