Post-Game Talk: We win 5-3!!! Like the bay street bullies we are! Lead by Kessel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
This. An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

No sense going after their skilled guys. Scott will be taught a lesson though.

the lesson he needs to be taught is you don't go after another teams star player, especially when it was hardly warranted. I mean Devane pummeled a guy in Tropp who was looking for a fight all night long and you could see him asking Devane a few times before he finally obliged. So you go after their star players because that's the only way a plug like Scott will learn. He would welcome a fight all night long and it would teach him nothing because it's highly unlikely he gets ****ed up by Orr or McLaren. Thus go **** up a star player on the sabres, or at least try to, and then Scott will realize what happens when he does dumb things like going after Kessel

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
No going after the Sabres skilled players, that's bush league. Orr knocked the **** out of Scott once, he can do it again.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Oh please a pawn attempts to take out a king, the natural thing is to take out their King. Who cares about the pawn.

Because it will end once Scott meets Orr... one way or another it stops there. Same as when Carkner whooped Boyle in the youtube clip above (Sens vs Rangers). It was over after the correct retribution.

Going after their "King" only makes them want to go after Naz/Lupul/Gards/Rielly, etc, and they'll do it too. How good would it make you feel to watch Rielly carted off the ice because Kaleta wanted retribution for us going after Vanek?

I don't know about you, but I enjoy hockey's blend of skill and toughness.. I don't tune in to watch Devane and Broll skate around the ice for 20 mpg because our best players are out due to injury.

The toughs police the toughs (and there will ALWAYS be toughs.. some just more skilled than others) and Scott will answer for what he did.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Because it will end once Scott meets Orr... one way or another it stops there. Same as when Carkner whooped Boyle in the youtube clip above (Sens vs Rangers). It was over after the correct retribution.

Going after their "King" only makes them want to go after Naz/Lupul/Gards/Rielly, etc, and they'll do it too. How good would it make you feel to watch Rielly carted off the ice because Kaleta wanted retribution for us going after Vanek?

I don't know about you, but I enjoy hockey's blend of skill and toughness.. I don't tune in to watch Devane and Broll skate around the ice for 20 mpg because our best players are out due to injury.

The toughs police the toughs (and there will ALWAYS be toughs.. some just more skilled than others) and Scott will answer for what he did.
Then maybe it's time the league changed its fighting rule. If there is no code there is no code. I don't like this we're better than they are crap. We are all the same.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
the lesson he needs to be taught is you don't go after another teams star player, especially when it was hardly warranted. I mean Devane pummeled a guy in Tropp who was looking for a fight all night long and you could see him asking Devane a few times before he finally obliged. So you go after their star players because that's the only way a plug like Scott will learn. He would welcome a fight all night long and it would teach him nothing because it's highly unlikely he gets ****ed up by Orr or McLaren. Thus go **** up a star player on the sabres, or at least try to, and then Scott will realize what happens when he does dumb things like going after Kessel

And then they go back after Kessel again... wow great idea!

****ing up one of their stars isn't a deterrent, it would only encourage retribution.

:shakehead

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Then maybe it's time the league changed its fighting rule. If there is no code there is no code. I don't like this we're better than they are crap. We are all the same.

Change what fighting rule?

Just because one guy broke the code doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it certainly doesn't mean that it's OK to do the same thing.

If a guy cuts you off in traffic, to speed up and cut him off right back? If your answer is yes, then you're a ****ing moron. Most people just take a deep breath, say "that guy's an idiot" and move on with their lives. You don't recklessly endanger other innocent people because you feel the need to get "even". It's selfish and stupid.

I guarantee Scott will not back down if challenged by one of our guys. He broke the code, he has to pay for it.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto

****ing up one of their stars isn't a deterrent, it would only encourage retribution.

**** that. if it was me i would be going hard after their top 6 guys, trying to put them through the boards with every hit. going after Scott won't solve anything, you gotta teach this dumb dumb not to do it again and you're not gonna be able to do that in a 1v1 fight against one of the biggest ****ers in the league. Orr dropped him once and McLaren did really well against him to last year but i still say go after their stars

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007

Amazes me how something so obvious, is lost on some here. What kind of the league would the NHL be, if the Crosby's, Stamkos, Tavares and Kane's are jumped by enforcers in the NHL? As another poster said it perfectly, absolute bush league.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
**** that. if it was me i would be going hard after their top 6 guys, trying to put them through the boards with every hit. going after Scott won't solve anything, you gotta teach this dumb dumb not to do it again and you're not gonna be able to do that in a 1v1 fight against one of the biggest ****ers in the league. Orr dropped him once and McLaren did really well against him to last year but i still say go after their stars

So youre promoting our enforcers to go after their star players? Not only is that juvenile and classless, that would be a pathetic disgrace to MLSE and the game of hockey.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
if we want to go after their stars then tell Clarkson to send a message, or if they go into Phaneuf or Fraser's corner let them deal with them. Orr and McLaren are good goons, they know the code, and I'm sure they'll be more than happy to tutor Scott in it. There's no point in running a skilled, non-fighter unless you want the cycle to repeat itself with our guys.

Hell I beat even Naz will want to drop the gloves with a skill guy now.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Change what fighting rule?

Just because one guy broke the code doesn't mean it doesn't exist. And it certainly doesn't mean that it's OK to do the same thing.

If a guy cuts you off in traffic, to speed up and cut him off right back? If your answer is yes, then you're a ****ing moron. Most people just take a deep breath, say "that guy's an idiot" and move on with their lives. You don't recklessly endanger other innocent people because you feel the need to get "even". It's selfish and stupid.

I guarantee Scott will not back down if challenged by one of our guys. He broke the code, he has to pay for it.
No one cares about Scott, let his own team punish him. Since as you say they obviously must think he's a moron. Or are they just as bad as him?

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
So youre promoting our enforcers to go after their star players? Not only is that juvenile and classless, that would be a pathetic disgrace to MLSE and the game of hockey.

no you can use our enforcers to take out scott but id like if Fraser, Clarkson, Phaneuf thumped a few of their better players

dimi78

Aug 9, 2008
Agreed. Knocking their stars around won't solve anything.

100% agree but there's nothing that says Captain Dion can't lay one of his famous open ice hits on Vanek does it?;)

Orr will handle Scott like he has every time they've fought.

Mar 26, 2010
Buffalo better be ready. You don't mess with Kessel.

I mean... 6'8 270 lbs. brain dead idiot assaulting one of the very best skill players in the NHL! Scott should be the one suspended and the Buffalo coach fined for this fiasco!

Buffalo started it all.

hockeyfanz*

The whole "go after stars" argument is absolutely stupid. The fan suffers the most. Only an idiot watches John Scott play over Phil Kessel or Fraser McLaren over Steven Stamkos or whoever. People pay top dollar to watch skilled hockey players showcase phenomenal talent on ice, not to watch these idiots. Of course the answer is to eliminate the need for goons in the sport....NOT to load up on goons to take out the only thing that makes hockey remotely interesting....skill, talent and finesse.

hockeyfanz*

100% agree but there's nothing that says Captain Dion can't lay one of his famous open ice hits on Vanek does it?;)

A legal open ice hit like Phaneuf is famous for is just hockey. Nothing wrong with that.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

Where that line of thinking falls apart is what if you have a guy on your team like Scott but let's say this Scott guy can drop anybody on your team. What now? I guess he wins and can just go on and do whatever he likes.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The whole "go after stars" argument is absolutely stupid. The fan suffers the most. Only an idiot watches John Scott play over Phil Kessel or Fraser McLaren over Steven Stamkos or whoever. People pay top dollar to watch skilled hockey players showcase phenomenal talent on ice, not to watch these idiots. Of course the answer is to eliminate the need for goons in the sport....NOT to load up on goons to take out the only thing that makes hockey remotely interesting....skill, talent and finesse.

If the league hands Scott the biggest penalty of all the combatants last night, I would consider it settled.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010

That's how real men handle ****. If I have a problem with someone that needs to be solved with violence and he's larger than me, I'm not going to go beat up his kid because he's one of the "biggest ****ers" around.

If you have to take a beating, then you take a beating. People will respect you more for standing up for yourself than they would for going after someone weaker just because you were too afraid to stand up to the guy who wronged you.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I wish there was just some blanket rule where the league can issue a suspension "just because". Scott deserves one here, despite not breaking any specific rule.

Maybe intent to injure? Whats the penalty for that?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I think both teams are at fault for starting the brawl.
The Leafs were taunting and cheering on a Sabre player(Tropp) who was seriously injured in a fight.
If that happened to my team, I would be pissed too.
But, the way Scott dealt with it was truly classless, picks out the smallest weakest player on the ice with intent to injure.
Anything the Leafs did afterwards was justified because the intent was to defend their star player.

I'm sure Carlyle and the Leafs team know how to deal with these events a lot better than us. I expect Scott and the Sabres to be handled.

On to the actual game, I thought Ashton, Colborne and Leivo played decent along with Macwilliam in defense. Rielly was held back by Holzer, Howerver I don't think he is ready for the NHL. Let him develop like Pietrangelo did.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
I wish there was just some blanket rule where the league can issue a suspension "just because". Scott deserves one here, despite not breaking any specific rule.

Maybe intent to injure? Whats the penalty for that?

There is a video on TSN of players reaction to John Scott and I think it is fair to say that more than just Orr and McLaren have their sights set on him. You don't do things like that and get away with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad