Post-Game Talk: We were far less terrible, but Jets 4 - 3 Oilers

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
In all seriousness, he is gonna want out. Look at this mess
You want a laugh, go on YouTube and search “behind the b”. It shows the meeting in Boston when they decide to trade Seguin. I laugh at Chia when he is on the phone with other GMs by the window. His negotiations are terrible

You beat me to the punch on this post. When you look at that video it tells you all you need to know about the level of skill when it comes to negotiation. More comical than anything else.

A few other people on this site have indicated that this video was available to the public before he was hired by the Oilers. This again points to the real problem and it isn't Chia. The people up the line obviously ignored this in much the same way that you drive your car off a cliff in the hopes that the rocks below are rather soft with a high coefficient of elasticity. Anything to save you from your own pattern of self destruction.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Im convinced no one outside McD/Drai/Nuge/Chiasson give a flying fk anymore. Trade everyone else and bring up the AHL team...so sad. Hitch looked stressed and angry in the post game. Deal Nurse and Kassian for a good winger for starts....throw the rest of the trash out. Lucic(2 mil retained) for a 6th round pick...ect

GameChanger

Jun 29, 2016
Some thoughts about the game:

- it wasn't a bad game from the team, but the roster is what it is
- I thought Koskinen was actually quite good, though the 2nd goal was a bit strange
- Puljujarvi looked quite okay to me and he almost got an assist, but as with any other winger we need results
- Drai has a good one-timer and I believe Jesse as another shooter on the PP could creat more room for him
- the 1st goal was an incredible job from McDavid
- the bad side about large defensemen is that they also block the view from the own goalkeeper, which cost us some goals
- what separates McDavid, Nuge and Drai from the rest is that they don't freeze when they get an opportunity to score; I thought Drai's failed attempt at the end was also a good try, but no luck this time
- Manning wasn't terrible, but it's early to say much
- if they can keep this level and hopefully build from this they'll get some points, but I don't know if it'll be enough for a playoff spot

Reactions: Llamamoto

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
You beat me to the punch on this post. When you look at that video it tells you all you need to know about the level of skill when it comes to negotiation. More comical than anything else.

A few other people on this site have indicated that this video was available to the public before he was hired by the Oilers. This again points to the real problem and it isn't Chia. The people up the line obviously ignored this in much the same way that you drive your car off a cliff in the hopes that the rocks below are rather soft with a high coefficient of elasticity. Anything to save you from your own pattern of self destruction.

I cringed the day we hired him . I was at my watering hole here in NS and I watched it on TV. A fella who was a Sens fan said “Chiarelli will turn you guys around” . I said I don’t like him. Bruin fans told me we r in trouble .
As you pointed out, his negotiation tactics are terrible. Hence the mess we are in

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Why does jack michaels hate Hellebyuck so much. It's was so annoying on the radio last night. Every bloody shift michaels would make a dumb comment about him. It was unbearable

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I cringed the day we hired him . I was at my watering hole here in NS and I watched it on TV. A fella who was a Sens fan said “Chiarelli will turn you guys around” . I said I don’t like him. Bruin fans told me we r in trouble .
As you pointed out, his negotiation tactics are terrible. Hence the mess we are in

To be sure, I mean if I was Katz and I watched this video I wouldn't have given this guy a job as beer sales manager for fear that a bunch of drunks would clean the place out (free of charge) by the end of the first period.

When you make bad decisions you pay the price--period.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
didn't watch the game due to being busy with New Year's celebrations (and refusal to watch this garbage) but sounded like they played well enough to win but bad teams usually lose close games

glad the new defensemen helped keep the Jets under 5 goals

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
To be sure, I mean if I was Katz and I watched this video I wouldn't have given this guy a job as beer sales manager for fear that a bunch of drunks would clean the place out (free of charge) by the end of the first period.

When you make bad decisions you pay the price--period.

Katz is an idiot. That BS he pulled off in going to Seattle when the building negotiations were going on. The Oilers were selling out for a crappy team and he did that threat. What an idiot

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
didn't watch the game due to being busy with New Year's celebrations (and refusal to watch this garbage) but sounded like they played well enough to win but bad teams usually lose close games

It felt like the Jets just let the Oilers hang around but scored a goal whenever they needed to.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Some thoughts about the game:

- it wasn't a bad game from the team, but the roster is what it is
- I thought Koskinen was actually quite good, though the 2nd goal was a bit strange
- Puljujarvi looked quite okay to me and he almost got an assist, but as with any other winger we need results
- Drai has a good one-timer and I believe Jesse as another shooter on the PP could creat more room for him
- the 1st goal was an incredible job from McDavid
- the bad side about large defensemen is that they also block the view from the own goalkeeper, which cost us some goals
- what separates McDavid, Nuge and Drai from the rest is that they don't freeze when they get an opportunity to score; I thought Drai's failed attempt at the end was also a good try, but no luck this time
- Manning wasn't terrible, but it's early to say much
- if they can keep this level and hopefully build from this they'll get some points, but I don't know if it'll be enough for a playoff spot

Manning threw a few good hits. I just don’t have a clue what Chia is gonna do with our scoring after the big 3? He has traded everyone for peanuts . These reclaim projects ain’t working

Reactions: GameChanger

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Katz is an idiot. That BS he pulled off in going to Seattle when the building negotiations were going on. The Oilers were selling out for a crappy team and he did that threat. What an idiot

He's making a wad of cash off of the arena and other investments. His hockey team sucks but people continue to fill the building, and also use their precious time to watch his trash on TV, plus gobble up merchandise. Perhaps a bit of a slime ball, but how is he an idiot?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I thought Gravel was playing okay. As you found out with this organization, you get demoted for good play and promoted for bad play. It’s gotta be time to put Lucic and Benning in PB but they keep on playing

Isn't that on the coach though?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

That was more Koski than anything else, although he did let in a couple stinkers.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Anyone else impressed by our empty net play. (For once) Except nurse being a dumb dumb. I thought we could have had a couple.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He's making a wad of cash off of the arena and other investments. His hockey team sucks but people continue to fill the building, and also use their precious time to watch his trash on TV, plus gobble up merchandise. Perhaps a bit of a slime ball, but how is he an idiot?

U just answered it for me.
I guess you are trying to say we as fans are idiots for paying for this bs and I agree with ya .

I’m just saying that bs he pulled off in the threat to Seattle was idiotic

Lukin1978

Feb 27, 2008
The North
Hey on the plus side now we can start a new Lucic 29 game goal drought oh wait nevermind, that's already been happening. Oh wait, you're telling me the current streak is 38 games? Well **** me running. I'm going all in for the 81 game streak. That's it. That's why I'm going to watch oilers games now. Gotta keep the streak alive.
7496e067-8aca-4bcb-90f3-d20a2337a4df_1000.jpg

We need a new version of this with Chia

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad