Speculation: WE SUCK

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
oljdz29hzl1a1.jpg

Can't believe people defended this

It's like when we traded Ceci for Zaitsev, I remember thinking he was slightly better than Ceci but in reality it was just a different type of bad. We get a new defenseman and think "ok, interesting..." at first due to them having a different playstyle but then it always turns out they suck

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Somehow this team is last, despite having no problems whatsoever!

Must be some bad astrology or something.

My favorite part of this team right now is every single post game press conferences with DJ Smith saying “we deserved better, did so many good things, If we keep playing this way we’ll win lots of games”

You could take a diarrhea on DJ Smiths nachos and he’d call it brown sour cream.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
How on earth are we this bad

1) Overall defensive play. Goalies are not stealing games for us and apparently they need to for us to win.
2) Injuries to key players (Chabot, Zub, Norris, Pinto)
3) Batherson, Debrincat, Hamonic and Joseph performing worse than expected overall, despite decent production from the first two.
4) Unable to finish quite simply. Getting chances and can't put the puck past the goalie.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pinto said “people dont realize how young we are”

He should tell the GM that.
Older than NJ though.

I think it's quite clear that no one's been fired due to the franchise being in limbo because of the impending sale.

Watched the first period went to bed. I couldn't care less until Dorions gone. It was obvious from the start he never had it. A winning culture starts at the top. Was never going to happen with that guy at the helm.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's actually hilarious how Dorion insists coaching is not the issue as it literally means he's a garbage GM lol.

perhaps he means the players are not executing the system put in place by the Coach….. if so, then that is the Coach’s fault for not sitting players who are the worst offenders….

keeping the Coach, and making changes to the roster, from a position of weakness, is not going to improve the situation, and that would fall on PD….. everything is pointing towards the Coach.

0635A21D-2DA0-487A-8519-E015F72939CF.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think the next 60 games are meaningless..
Things to look forward to
a push to drop where we draft
New owners;
TDL trades Debrincat , Zub(?) could net some nice returns; a few others... With the rebuild being over and the Sens having lots of picks .. they may look for hockey trades again.
Callups from Belleville to knock them out of playoff hopes

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
For those who hold out hope that we suck because of goaltending... it is NOT the case... and for the 5th season in a row.

We. can't. play. without. the. puck.

oljdz29hzl1a1.jpg

Can't believe people defended this

Another guy played above his head but with Sanderson and Brannstrom, the defense is actually in much better shape than it's been in years.

#1 Chabot
#2 ??????
#3 Zub
#4 Sanderson
#5 Brannstrom
#6 Holden or Hamonic

We don't have a #2 (Sanderson will at least be) but we have a #6 playing in the top-4 so not ideal

But I think we are missing the most (outside of coaching of course) is a great 2-way 3rd line

And to think we had Nick Paul, Connor Brown and Alex Formenton last season...

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Gimme lodin over brassard and crookshank over Kelly at the moment
If we're gonna suck we might as well see some kids and see if they have some infectious jam

ksens

Mar 8, 2006
Yzerman built a better team with zero assets in Detroit. Dorion had Karlsson, Stone, Zibanejad/Duchene and Hoffman. What a failure.

And yet after we beat Detroit twice in the span of a week down the stretch last year numerous people on this board were shitting on Yzerman and the Detroit rebuild and saying how we were so much further ahead. Because obviously meaningless games in March are a great yardstick.

And now we're 11 points behind Detroit less than 20 games into the season. Dorion's "rebuild" is DOA.

• Haha
Reactions: bert and JungleBeat

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
And yet after we beat Detroit twice in the span of a week down the stretch last year numerous people on this board were shitting on Yzerman and the Detroit rebuild and saying how we were so much further ahead. Because obviously meaningless games in March are a great yardstick.

And now we're 11 points behind Detroit less than 20 games into the season. Dorion's "rebuild" is DOA.
Shows you how truly lost the average Sens fan is.

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad