Speculation: WE SUCK

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
If you look at all the advance stats there's not doubt the Sens should be around 500, this is why it is so frustrating watching this team, you can see the potential but they're getting killed by too many mistakes and bad coaching.

The thing about that is, after so many games of playing well for stretches and still losing, I think the team is demoralized, and potentially losing faith in the coaching & systems. Which resulted in the last 2 games being stinkers and our advanced stats will come back down to earth if nothing changes.

Reactions: Alex1234 and DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Delete if this isn't allowed and I will be clear this is purely my own thought.

Bath and Chabot both have the look of guys staying out too late and enjoying some stuff that screws you up bad and quick if it goes too far.

Having friends and family both affected I hope it is just my mind playing tricks.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Greig is injured atm, but when he's recovered I say screw it, call him and Sokolov up to try to shake things up.

Also move Giroux to center

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson
Debrincat-Giroux-Sokolov
Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Motte-Kastelic-Watson

Reactions: God Says No

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Greig is injured atm, but when he's recovered I say screw it, call him and Sokolov up to try to shake things up.

Debrincat-Giroux-Sokolov
Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Motte-Kastelic-Watson
It's certainly not the craziest thing I have seen on here (my post above might feel like it to some).

If we keep playing like we are for a while and the season is dead lost I don't see any reason to not bring them up and let them get some NHL experience and see what we really have in them.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
He's one of our primary penalty killing forwards.
He is second behind Watson in hits/60,
He leads the team in penalties drawn/60

I haven't been happy with his performance this year, but he's been an agitator and he's been killing penalties.

I guess I’ve barely noticed him.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I think we are pretty close to not sucking anymore. Injuries to key players, lack of quality depth and poor coaching is holding us back as far as this season goes.

But once you stop sucking, you still have to work your way up to being actually good. Still, not sucking would be real nice.

This roster needs to play the trap to be succesfull, I am unsure why the coach still wants/tolerates the forwards cheating on the D all the time.
You make some good points, and I wonder how this is not obvious to DJ, he is in danger of being let go, and should stop with whatever system he’s using (assuming there is one) and go full on trap, become the Jacques Lemaire coached NJDs for the rest of the season.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Arizona is kicking themselves for not taking our 1st before the season started.

Murray and Dorion both traded away top 10 picks for a team that was always kinda bad and never a sure thing to make the playoffs.

Ottawas been so poorly managed we get excited by a goalie on waivers.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Debrincat-Giroux-Sokolov
Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Motte-Kastelic-Watson
Did he get injured in the game against Syracuse? I haven't seen anything on it.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Which resulted in the last 2 games being stinkers and our advanced stats will come back down to earth if nothing changes.
The Sens came out flying against the Sharks. That did not look like a demoralized team.

The problem was Talbot let in 3 goals on 7 shots. The Sens outshot, outhit and dominated in faceoffs. Not sure what else they could do.

If their goaltender can't stop the puck, they aren't going to win.

What am I talking about....I forgot, it's all DJ's fault.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
The Sens came out flying against the Sharks. That did not look like a demoralized team.

The problem was Talbot let in 3 goals on 7 shots. The Sens outshot, outhit and dominated in faceoffs. Not sure what else they could do.

They got demoralized by the soft goals and pretty much stopped trying after the 2nd Sharks goal. I can't remember a single good scoring chance after that point in the game

Reactions: bert

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
They got demoralized by the soft goals and pretty much stopped trying after the 2nd Sharks goal. I can't remember a single good scoring chance after that point in the game
I agree. They had a ton of shots, but they looked like the lesser team for most of the game to me. Never had the feeling they would end up on top.

Reactions: Deku

saskytaxi

Feb 13, 2019
sasky
Sens are going to be a wagon. The panic is insane and media driven. Ian Mendes is a clown for saying management promised better. Who cares what they promised sens are lucky to be where they are. Team is so Raw, settle on the panic were in a good spot now just watch the team grow over the next few years

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Sens are going to be a wagon. The panic is insane and media driven. Ian Mendes is a clown for saying management promised better. Who cares what they promised sens are lucky to be where they are. Team is so Raw, settle on the panic were in a good spot now just watch the team grow over the next few years
It’s like this post came from 2018/19, not 2022/23

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They're 31st in the NHL...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Are Kelly and Watson untouchable or something?

This coaching has really been trying to fit a peg in a round square. Tkachuk-Stutzle-Batherson just does not work defensively. You can't have them together

The right play was to have Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson and DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux from day 1, not DeBrincat with Norris crazyness

When you're not doing what you should be going, that's when bad things happen.

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Unsurprisingly fancy stats have mostly followed our record over the season, and health for that matter.

First 7 games, we were mostly healthy, 6th in xGF%, with a 4-3-0 record. Norris got hurt in game 5, Zub in game 7.

We then went on the Florida road trip, and have been 20th in xGF% for the last 11 games with a 2-8-1 record, Norris missing all of them, Zub out for 9 and Chabot missing 4.

Reactions: Alex1234

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
oljdz29hzl1a1.jpg

Can't believe people defended this

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Do we even hold out hope for Bedard/Fantilli? We’ll win a bunch in March/April or slide down the maximum spots in the lottery like we always do.

Reactions: bert

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Talbot has been terrible. I'll give you that. But this system the team is playing is equally as terrible. It is time to move on from DJ.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad