Post-Game Talk: We Lawst

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
The problem with our cold stretch is that every other team in the mix with us is heating up or already very hot, and our "leaders" are not helping us break out of it.

Only Tampa is struggling more among playoff teams in the east.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
welp well have 6 dmen next game at least so thats good

panarin jesus murphy 6 turnovers? that line has just been horrible with telegraphing cross ice passes and forcing pucks to kane teams are sitting on

pp1 go home youre drunk

big picture tho, whatever. team needs some practices to work things out with the new pieces and will be nice to dress a full roster again. hard to take much away when you play 3 in 4 with 11 and 5 with 2 of the top 4 d missing. was a solid effort for 2 periods and ran outta gas in the 3rd. great to see laf play a very strong game against a team that good. good sign hes ready to step it up for the playoffs.

only true negative, and not to say he let in any bad goals, but for this team to go anywhere igor needs to get one of those 1st 2. first 2 periods esp ullmark made those saves for bos and thats the difference, team is always playing from behind. 3rd period just got away from them. after the pp pissed down their leg early anything the d had left in the tank got spent killing the back to back penalties and after that it didnt matter.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
Don’t care what anyone says - I‘m celebrating Laf scoring a brace.

72890109-8BA0-4447-B27C-1D7133F50B05.jpeg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Igor once again not good enough. That’s the most important part for me. He has been mid all season with tiny spurts of good and longer spurts of objectively bad. He’s not a difference maker. Boston didn’t have a ton of chances and they still put 4 on him. Probably scored on half the chances they generated. Are we okay with this? He has shown no indication of getting his game back together. We lose in the playoffs with him playing like a league average goalie.

Panarin needs to cut the shit. Stop forcing the puck to Kane. He’s a good enough player the chances will come. The entire arena can see he’s forcing the puck to Kane ever single time he has it. Just play the game.

Mika having the puck directly in the slot and not even considering shooting and instead passing to a teammate who was almost at the far boards was the dumbass play of the season. Best shot on the team and he will do literally anything to not use it. Infuriating.

We have 3 games vs the Pens left. We lose those 3 and they win their games in hand and they’re ahead of us. It’s tighter with them than it seems.

It's gotten to the point where I look at this game and think he played well. I forgot what stealing a game or at least a point looks like at this point. I've said this before he is a mentally weak person. Any goalie that gets lit up because fans hurt his feelings in the playoffs is not a mentally strong person.

Reactions: Glen Sathers Cigar

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We could have easily won with Miller and Lindgren. Other issues notwithstanding.

Don't know how people can expect the forwards to do anything when they're relying on Ben Harpoon to get them the puck going up the ice with momentum.

And Schneider who's as bad as anyone and will stay in the lineup, but I digress.

I feel we should have addressed the D depth rather than adding another Top 6 forward. Cool with Tarasenko, he‘s been contributing, but think the last trade, could have gotten maybe another OFD Who can transition the puck.

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I wonder if every other fanbase does this act of we are a terrible team and the Arizona Coyotes are better than us when they go through a rough patch.
Remember the 7 game win streak right before this?
This loss was to the quickest team to 100 points in NHL HISTORY. They have lost a total of 13 games all season. Chill tf out.

Our team is better than it was pre-deadline, but whenever you add new pieces it takes time to work, especially when the pieces are as major as the ones we added.

You all complained about Vesey/Goodrow top 6. Now its Kane/Tarasenko and you whine when we lose some games without HALF OF OUR TOP 4, with our 6th and 7th defenders playing top 4 minutes and playing 11F/5D. Forward lines take time to work. Some don't work. When you add new guys as good as we did, it will take a transition and adjustment period to find what works.

Beggars cannot be choosers. You wanted skill and not grit in top 6, you got it. Don't complain now.

I for one agree with having talented players playing with talented players in top 6, so I for one will not complain and will have patience and give it time. Playoffs matter. Thats why Cup champs and top players Kane and Tarasenko were our trades.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Igor was shit as usual but he didn’t lose the game for us.

I don't even think he was shit, but "he didn't lose the game for us" should not be the standard. The standard should be him winning us games. If you read an Athletic article on him from last week he's done so as many times as you and I have this year.

PalmCoastRanger

Jun 21, 2019
It's gotten to the point where I look at this game and think he played well. I forgot what stealing a game or at least a point looks like at this point. I've said this before he is a mentally weak person. Any goalie that gets lit up because fans hurt his feelings in the playoffs is not a mentally strong person.

Honest question...you made the same claim against Hank. What or more importantly, who is a mentally strong goalkeeper to you?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I feel we should have addressed the D depth rather than adding another Top 6 forward. Cool with Tarasenko, he‘s been contributing, but think the last trade, could have gotten maybe another OFD Who can transition the puck.
They don't think they need a defenseman because they already have guys who are big and tuff. That's what they care about.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Nice troll. But your comment begs a better question. What line is actually working at 5v5?

Its not a troll, it's legit been their worst line.

Just found it funny that you did all this tweaking and tinkering wile leaving together their worst trio lol.

All they need to do is flip the RW's on lines 1 and 2. Thats it, watch it work.

And for all the talk about lack of net front, its literally how they scored all their goals today. That argument holds little weight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
f*** Cooper.

Punishing guys like little kids is not what we need.

Wayne Gretzky would do nothing with some of the defensemen that are getting huge minutes right now.

Not only do we have injuries, but we have absolutely no backups and kind of went in knowing that because of the cap.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Too many times we curl back into our zone, barely get the puck out/turn it over and then get pinned. They are making it really hard on themselves and the forwards flying up while a defenseman like Harpur goes backwards instead of out of the zone leads to breakdowns and open guys.

Panarin sucks. Our stars are coasting. Our only attack is on the rush and even that isn't working.

This team needs a lot of practice, but I'm hoping many of the recent issues are due to the 11F 5D personnel. 4 days off and I believe they get out of this funk. Lindgren and Miller will be huge upgrades. We are 1-3-1 since Lindgren was hurt.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Was expecting a 7-1 whooping. 3rd game in 4 nights, short bench again, on the road against Boston. That’s an impossible task, and they hung in there. Kane and Tank are still getting used to hotel living. Team is going to be rolling in April.

Last edited:

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Its not a troll, it's legit been their worst line.

Just found it funny that you did all this tweaking and tinkering wile leaving together their worst trio lol.

All they need to do is flip the RW's on lines 1 and 2. Thats it, watch it work.

And for all the talk about lack of net front, its literally how they scored all their goals today. That argument holds little weight.
no, actually, it does hold weight. It shows it works. They rarely take goalies eyes away. When they do, like every other team in the league it's successful.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
At least Mikkola can skate. He has to rely on that because he's not a good passer, similar to Miller.

Harpoon and Schneider are a different story altogether.

Mikkola is a fine third pair, it looks weird, but as you said, he is a fine skater. He has the confidence taking the puck deep from the blue line, but then also like you said, has no clue what to do with the puck.

I probably could have just liked your post instead of writing all this.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Mikkola is a fine third pair, it looks weird, but as you said, he is a fine skater. He has the confidence taking the puck deep from the blue line, but then also like you said, has no clue what to do with the puck.

I probably could have just liked your post instead of writing all this.
We welcome your postings.

Reactions: 17futurecap

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They don't think they need a defenseman because they already have guys who are big and tuff. That's what they care about.

I feel you need a balance of OFD who can transition and physical D, that is what Boston has. They also have two #1 D’s.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
We played like sh*t and that has nothing to do with us being short. Gallant's "system" is a crime against hockey, in all 3 zones. He's frying my brain with his stupid dino throw-the-puck-up-the-ice-and-let-the-stars-play sh*t . Every forward is improvising best he can, or dumping the puck without any particular plan. Every game Ranger players keep bumping into each other, sometimes injuring each other, because there is no real system or structure or thought behind what the team does. Stereotypes and clichés, that's Gallant's game. SO DAMN STUPID.

Boston were good, in particular they were excellent at interfering and grabbing, but I do wonder if they can keep their puckluck and momentum going all the way to a cup. Sooner or later they will hit a bump in the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad