Post-Game Talk: We Lawst

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
What we need more than anything else is the teams chasing us to lose a game.

Nobody is paying attention to it but we are in big time danger of being caught real soon
We’re 4-5 games up on everyone even the teams with games in hand if you assume they win those games. It’s not as dire as you keep making it out to be. If you think we’ll win 5 or fewer games out of our last 20, then it’s a problem.

Reactions: blue425

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
We’re 4-5 games up on everyone even the teams with games in hand if you assume they win those games. It’s not as dire as you keep making it out to be. If you think we’ll win 5 or fewer games out of our last 20, then it’s a problem.

The Penguins look like they're about to win 10 in a row

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
So.... thoughts....

- Good to see Laf get two goals.
- We kept it close being down two top 4 defenseman and having only three real lines.
- I don't think Sheshterkin was bad
- I'm not worried... yet.
- Panarin and Kane need to be disbanded immediately. Get them some practice time and if it isn't fixed separate them. Panarin looks like a lost rookie playing with Kane. He is just deferring to him in the worst spots.
- We have four days off and get Miller back. Having three consistent defense pairings will be huge. Fox and Miller are two huge drivers of play from the backend.
- Mikkola and Harpur played 20+ minutes and we only lost by two. I thought Mikkola played well for what he was asked to do. Same with Harpur.
- If we look the same after the four day break, with a full defense/forward corps, then I will be concerned.
- I do blame Gallant for fubar'ing our powerplays by not giving the second PP unit more time despite the first one looking like shit. That is 100% on him.
- If we can only lose by two to the best team that that the NHL has seen in 5 years with two #6 defenseman playing 20+ minutes and a #7 playing 20 minutes, I feel confident we can hang with Boston in a 7 game series.
- Our lack of size was very noticeable against Boston. This isn't a grit issue, its a wear and tear issue. Boston wore us down. Part of that was fatigue. Part of that was Boston's game.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut

The lead is 6 on Pittsburgh after tonight, they have a game in hand and we play them 3 times in 2 weeks. We aren't going to stay ahead of them.

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
Just landed in newark and saw score and stats
Were the lines juggled around?
Any line look particularly good or bad?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad