Post-Game Talk: We Lawst

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Really didn’t think we would win this game, given the roster situation and the opponent. This is not the sky is falling, it’s just a good team trying to make adjustments. What counts is what we do in mid-April.
Excuse checklist:

The other team is good (no fair)
Not enough time to practice (like we ever practice anyway)
Injuries (only team to ever have injuries)
They’re tired
Miller suspension
It’s only <insert month>

Reactions: TheDirtyH

kinger8998

Apr 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
I for one will not overreact to this loss. It was 2-1 until 8 minutes to go in the game when we were playing the quickest team to 100 points in NHL history without half of iur top 4 defense and playing shorthanded up front and on D on our 3rd game in 4 nights.

I was one of the biggest advocators for Kane, and I knew his defensive downfalls. If you're gonna complain about the defensive side of his game, it will be a long rest of season for you. I don't like it, but its Gallants job to either put uim on a line that can counteract it, or address it with Kane to fit within the Rangers "system" or whatever the hell they play because half the time it is not clear.

Panarin certainly forcing to Iane. They haven't practiced and just played 2 games with eachother for the first time in 7 years. Gove it time. Patience.

MSL scored 1 in 19 post deadline games before being extremely impactful in the postseason as a scorer and a leader. Very sinilar situations. Face of team, many years there, top player who said NY was his preferred destination but also didn't neccessarily want to leave the city (MSL was mad at Yzerman for Olympics).

Give it time. Patience. Kane and Panarin may work with practice and time, or our top 9 may look different soon or come playoffs. Thats the beauty of having 9 talented players, when they fizzle for a bit, theres other combos you can mix without putting an offensive blackhole on another line.

Reactions: Uglybstrd

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Really didn’t think we would win this game, given the roster situation and the opponent. This is not the sky is falling, it’s just a good team trying to make adjustments. What counts is what we do in mid-April.
We could have easily won with Miller and Lindgren. Other issues notwithstanding.

Don't know how people can expect the forwards to do anything when they're relying on Ben Harpoon to get them the puck going up the ice with momentum.

And Schneider who's as bad as anyone and will stay in the lineup, but I digress.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Also I think I’d rather be WC1 than 3rd seed. We’re not getting home ice and Carolina would be easier than the devils

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
We have so many top 6 offense first forwards i think we have to consider a radical approach to our forward lines. I think we need to spread the grinders and scoring forwards out across the lines.

I would do something this.

Bread-Tro-Vesey (that line worked, but it back together)
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Laffy-Goody-Kane
Motte/Blidh - Chytil - Kakko

I think these lines give you the best chance at defending 5v5. And puts at least one netfront presence on each line. I seriously don't love these lines. I don't love the mix period. I want to remove at least one offensive winger and replace them Blidh or Cuylle or anyone that takes the body and can retrieve the puck.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Is that the worst? It doesn't look like the Isles or Penguins will lose a game anytime soon. Until they play each other next week I guess lol
The Isles are 7 points behind and have played 2 more games. The Pens are 8 points behind and have 2 games in hand. Those extra games mean alot thats why I give the Pens a slim chance of catching them but not likely. There is a reason that 78% of teams that are in playoff position at Thanksgiving make the playoffs. We have just gone through a rough stretch as you know for many different reasons. I highly doubt they are going to tank.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Igor once again not good enough. That’s the most important part for me. He has been mid all season with tiny spurts of good and longer spurts of objectively bad. He’s not a difference maker. Boston didn’t have a ton of chances and they still put 4 on him. Probably scored on half the chances they generated. Are we okay with this? He has shown no indication of getting his game back together. We lose in the playoffs with him playing like a league average goalie.

Panarin needs to cut the shit. Stop forcing the puck to Kane. He’s a good enough player the chances will come. The entire arena can see he’s forcing the puck to Kane ever single time he has it. Just play the game.

Mika having the puck directly in the slot and not even considering shooting and instead passing to a teammate who was almost at the far boards was the dumbass play of the season. Best shot on the team and he will do literally anything to not use it. Infuriating.

The Isles are 7 points behind and have played 2 more games. The Pens are 8 points behind and have 2 games in hand. Those extra games mean alot thats why I give the Pens a slim chance of catching them but not likely. There is a reason that 78% of teams that are in playoff position at Thanksgiving make the playoffs. We have just gone through a rough stretch as you know for many different reasons. I highly doubt they are going to tank.
We have 3 games vs the Pens left. We lose those 3 and they win their games in hand and they’re ahead of us. It’s tighter with them than it seems.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Sorry, completely collapsing and losing a 10 point lead matters to me
You keep making it seem like we’re going to miss the playoffs. We also haven’t collapsed yet. You are more than welcome to continue your chicken little bit. Home ice is dead, just need to get right for the playoffs.

Reactions: kinger8998

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We have so many top 6 offense first forwards i think we have to consider a radical approach to our forward lines. I think we need to spread the grinders and scoring forwards out across the lines.

I would do something this.

Bread-Tro-Vesey (that line worked, but it back together)
Kreider-Zib-Tarasenko
Laffy-Goody-Kane
Motte/Blidh - Chytil - Kakko

I think these lines give you the best chance at defending 5v5. And puts at least one netfront presence on each line. I seriously don't love these lines. I don't love the mix period. I want to remove at least one offensive winger and replace them Blidh or Cuylle or anyone that takes the body and can retrieve the puck.

Yes break up everything else and leave together the line that has been objectively the worst of all of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad