Post-Game Talk: We Lawst

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Split up the 2 pairings that have gotten way too comfortable with each other and make the team go back to work.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Laf-Chytil-Kane
Kreider-Trocheck-Tarasenko

3 balanced lines which all have a mix of tenacity, shooting, and playmaking.
Kids get to play with their idol and learn from him instead of watching Panarin force passes to him.
Can also switch Panarin and Kreider. Or inject Vesey somewhere if more board work is required.
But we cannot have players just wanting to play catch with each other and neglecting actual teamwork.
Now does Gallant have the courage to do this? Probably not. But 3 balanced lines is what would be best for playoffs.

In the summer, a PMD is a necessity.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No game till Thursday?

BCDCFC4D-49BE-40D9-AEB2-9C61F5D2E4DF.gif

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We crucify Gallant's lines in practice.

Was reading your lines above. Think those could work, Kreider played well with Trocheck , and I think it’s time to break up the kids. Don’t care they scored a meaningless goal in the end, game was over.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Was reading your lines above. Think those could work, Kreider played well with Trocheck , and I think it’s time to break up the kids. Don’t care they scored a meaningless goal in the end, game was over.
Yes, it's time to make the kids play with the rest of the team. Playtime is over.

If things are stale, we can always go back to them. But time for them to learn to play with the vets. And vice versa.

Reactions: Leonardo87

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
The fact that this team thought they could acquire Kane and trot him out there on PP1 in his usual spot, putting Mika in the bumper, and that would net improve the NYR PP1…and not not lead to redundancies and overpassing…truly says it all.

That is star chasing. That is why people like me who vividly remember the dark ages draw parallels and see similarities. Save me the patronizing comments.

The collective decision making frankly makes no sense. It highlights a disconnect between coach, GM, and owner.

For a while the cap forced the NYR to consider taking a page out of Herb Brooks’ book and not simply finding the best players but the right ones. The whole current situation belies a lack of strategy and execution. I mean for f***s sake if they had a strategy would they have used cap space on Leshutchuynt for however many games or fielded 18 skates today? It’s f***ing indisputable.
I agree a lot. Zibanejad should be in his own spot on the left wall. He's got the best shot on the PP. Panarin should be on his spot right wall. Kreider in front. Fox at the point. The bumper can be whoever really. But Kane shouldn't be on PP1.

We are overloading things too much.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yes they lost but I saw some positive things.

First 40 was the closest thing to playoff hockey we’ve seeen from this team and several players stood out with Laf (regardless of his goals) leading the way.

Take the break, reset and recover and get a couple good long practices in. Good time for a road trip with hopefully the full roster on the ice.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Team needs rest, recovery and practice. They were coming out of a slump, prior to the injuries/suspensions and the arrival of Patrick Kane.

I'm frustrated, but I'm really frustrated at other fans who will not give this team the benefit of the doubt on any level.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
Lol half this board all year has been mad about the 4 RHS PP with Mika in the left circle and right when they switch it to have a lefty option on the right everyone hates that too
When you spend that much time gaslighting yourself into believing your way will fix the problem and it ends up making it worse, that’s a tough pill to swallow.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Tell the Bruins that coaching doesn’t matter that much.

Oh and AV and Torts >>>>> than your boyfriend GG. Quinn probably edges him too which is a sad statement.

I noticed that you couldn't answer my questions. Big surprise.

I'll give you another chance even though we both know that it's a waste of time and it only further exposes you, but that's the fun of this.

How do you determine the relative merits of a coach?

I have already provided you with data to back up my contention that Gallant doesn't suck. I also am smart enough to understand that coaches don't matter much, else they wouldn't ALL get fired. Most get re-hired.

The Bruins have a great coach, according to you because they have a great record.

In his 1st year coaching, he made it to the 2nd round. The next season, he got fired after 20 games. When he goes to an absolutely loaded team, they win.

Most understand that it's because his personnel is much better. You think the coach makes the team. I think the team makes the coach.

To you that makes him a great coach. Did he take an off-season class in coaching and become great?

A simpleton might think so, I suppose.

How about explaining your reasoning that Quinn is better than Gallant? Of course you can't, because you can never explain anything. All you do is bluster about things that can't be proven. You have an agenda and that agenda clouds everything you say.

Keep on blustering without saying a single thing that you can prove. It's what makes you, you.

I know someone is reeling when they go the ambiguously gay route.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Saying Kane shouldn't be on PP1 until he could practice is some serious hindsight is 20/20 shit.

Getting Miller and Lindgren back will be huge. Would like to see more Miller/Fox but I doubt GG does it.

Also really liked @The Gloaming line combos. Again I doubt GG does it.

Also, also Igor needs to dial in again. This new style he has gone to just cannot work for a goalie his size. As someone else said it works for Ullmark because he's huge. Reminds me of when a golfer, Rickie Fowler for example, starts tweaking the shit that got him success and spends years trying to find it again. You were the Vezina winner dude. Stick to what worked.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
big picture tho, whatever. team needs some practices to work things out with the new pieces and will be nice to dress a full roster again. hard to take much away when you play 3 in 4 with 11 and 5 with 2 of the top 4 d missing. was a solid effort for 2 periods and ran outta gas in the 3rd. great to see laf play a very strong game against a team that good. good sign hes ready to step it up for the playoffs.
This was my takeaway as well, still nothing to see and/or be concerned with. They looked gassed in the 3rd. Thought they played well up to that and then the B's just blew the game open.

Sticking to what I said after the last game.

Reactions: 2014nyr

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We are going to get bounced in round 1 or 2 because of goaltending. That is my biggest concern.

.909 save percentage that’s the biggest weakness we have right now

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Also, also Igor needs to dial in again. This new style he has gone to just cannot work for a goalie his size. As someone else said it works for Ullmark because he's huge. Reminds me of when a golfer, Rickie Fowler for example, starts tweaking the shit that got him success and spends years trying to find it again. You were the Vezina winner dude. Stick to what worked.
It wasn't broken. Trying to fix what's not broken isn't good. He won the Vezina, for crissakes. Why the hell change anything?

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Would love to see Gallant ousted but Drury will just install yet another veteran loving clone. Knowing this team and their likely offseason plan, we will go out and overpay multiple players in their late 20s to fill secondary roles on this team. And we will probably have a Kevin Rooney PTO type beat out Will Cuylle for a spot next year.
So while I agree with you, I also have realized you’re talking about 99% of coaches.
Gallant isn’t unusual.

What copper did the other day by sitting the vets for a message is something most coaches wouldn’t do.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
We are going to get bounced in round 1 or 2 because of goaltending. That is my biggest concern.

.909 save percentage that’s the biggest weakness we have right now

Funny that in retrospect some said here last season that Shesterkin was already better than Lundqvist.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So while I agree with you, I also have realized you’re talking about 99% of coaches.
Gallant isn’t unusual.

What copper did the other day by sitting the vets for a message is something most coaches wouldn’t do.

You're operating under the assumption that it will turn out to be a brilliant move. It might. It might not.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad