We have the Cap room!! 2019-20 UFA Targets??

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Lets be honest, Q is bringing his yes men along, so the special teams will still be a disaster
Kevin Dineen waiting for a call from Q....

tumblr_pii6roarEd1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Stone is off the market in July and its Panarin at 10m per or nothing what would the next plan be...thats the way its trending atm

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Knowing Bowman, he will sign Ron Hainsey, Eric Fehr, and resign Cam Ward and say he improved the team. All of us fans expecting a big signing will be left disappointed as another wasted year of Toews and Kane go by.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
That’s definitely a concern, but this team needs multiple guys who are all but guaranteed to put up 30+ in a bottom 6 role, especially if there’s not another top-end talent coming in.
I have watched a ton of hockey this year- wife and kids so overjoyed from it lol...

But honestly, I have literally seen every team and very few of them look real good out there consistently. Very few of those teams have a better top 6 than we do (when Saad is going of course)...our area that other teams are better at is that bottom 6 right now.. we have a number of young guys not really contributing offensively, that needs to change. We need to get Sikura up here, put him on the third line with a responsible guy like AA and a hard worker like Kahun...that line will start to change things around as they will not be a complete disaster away from the puck and will help produce some offensively.

Go out and get a Ryan Dzingel for a prospect/pick and staple his ass on that third line... the difference would be huge in our lineup if we could throw out this:4

Saad - Toews - Kane
DeBrincat - Schmaltz - Kahun
Dzingel - Anisimov - Sikura
Hayden - Kampf - Fortin/Martinsen

that is a significant upgrade right there and a lineup that matches most of the top teams in the league...sexy bitches right there!!

the other area we are behind in is defense of course, we all know this so hopefully Murphy and Forsling can do just enough to make us average overall.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Spend the money on several above average bottom-6 guys to improve depth. Keep the terms short, and be willing to go slightly higher in $

Like who? Honest question. I looked and nobody that will be on the market jumps out to me to go this route with.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
Unless Q fixes systems he doesn’t scare me.

After a few weeks of Colliton, it's not obvious that Q was the only thing keeping the ship above water? The special teams are all better and the kids are developing now that dinosaur Q is gone, right?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After a few weeks of Colliton, it's not obvious that Q was the only thing keeping the ship above water? The special teams are all better and the kids are developing now that dinosaur Q is gone, right?

What does this have to do with my post?

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Knowing Bowman, he will sign Ron Hainsey, Eric Fehr, and resign Cam Ward and say he improved the team. All of us fans expecting a big signing will be left disappointed as another wasted year of Toews and Kane go by.
Don't forget them being signed for max term on a NMC.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Interesting tweet from yesterday. Something I was unaware of:

PS ... those scratches listed were for last nights game. Hopefully that changes tonight.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

And what statistics would lead you to this conclusion? Do tell.

It's been 8 games....

Joe Scaduto

Jun 24, 2018
Let the rookies from Rockford play next year.Re-sign Schmaltz and Debrincat.Trade Anisimov , Murphy and Crawford at deadline .They need to free up money for future to re-sign the kids on defence.Try and trade Keith (Seabrook....nobody wants that contract )if possible at deadline or over summer.They need to start over ...

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
Let the rookies from Rockford play next year.Re-sign Schmaltz and Debrincat.Trade Anisimov , Murphy and Crawford at deadline .They need to free up money for future to re-sign the kids on defence.Try and trade Keith (Seabrook....nobody wants that contract )if possible at deadline or over summer.They need to start over ...

1) this isn't even close to "starting over"
2) how do those moves help us rebuild besides the cap space (which we already have)
3) how many young players do we need to re-sign this off-season to even full that extra 15 mil?
4) who do we sign (considering market values) to revamp this team? Consider, we're competing with 30 other teams to outbid for whoever that is

I understand that people are panicked, but dumping contracts and signing free agents isn't going to right the ship. And we don't have the prospects to even consider assembling a cup team yet.

Ultimately, this process will take time. Let's not get ahead of ourselves thinking there's a quick fix.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I said Manning would play again today...sadly he didn't make any massive blunders, but he offered nothing positive either...if he at least stops making those horrible reads, pinches, and coverages and just stays to a basic game he can be a useful physical 6th dman..I just do not have confidence he can consistently do that,

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Looks like Hawks have 17mil+ in cap space, with 7 players to sign, but no one that will take more than a couple million.

Very likely Hawks have roughly 9-10mil in cap space come July 1st, or 15mil if they trade AA.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
I would be surprised if this team does not add one of Panarin, Karlson, Stone, Duchene in the offseason. With all this cap space and a guy like Mcdonaugh around, they will attempt to make a splash. Expect them to dole out 10 plus million a year in cap space in early July. The cap likely rises by a couple million, and they can still move Anisimov if they wanted too. I'd prefer to keep him with the lack of depth upfront but they can be very creative for the first time since Hossa was signed.

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I would be surprised if this team does not add one of Panarin, Karlson, Stone, Duchene in the offseason. With all this cap space and a guy like Mcdonaugh around, they will attempt to make a splash. Expect them to dole out 10 plus million a year in cap space in early July. The cap likely rises by a couple million, and they can still move Anisimov if they wanted too. I'd prefer to keep him with the lack of depth upfront but they can be very creative for the first time since Hossa was signed.
question, there are players whose contract will be up the following yr, do you think it is wise to spend that huge chunk of chg for that special elite player......

Chicago Blackhawks - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad