We have the Cap room!! 2019-20 UFA Targets??

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You'd be a terrible GM if you got that offer and said no. Keith is on the decline and Schmaltz ain't even close to the player that Nylander is.

That, and Kieth clearly is unhappy with the coaching change and wants out of Chicago

Crow

May 19, 2014
Sounds like another poor characterization and simplification. We are going to assume he is frowning about Q specifically?

Maybe he is upset with his own play?
Maybe he has temporary resting bitch face?

Reactions: LordKOTL

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Not easy to smile when you were losing every game for a couple weeks in a row.

Keith might not be happy with the coaching change, but that doesn't mean he wants to leave. The only team I could see him wanting to move to is Vancouver, and that's only because his kid is there.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Rumblings from beat reporters and Kieth has been seen frowning before he hops over the bench for most of his shifts
Can you post any links of beat reporters saying Keith is unhappy with the coaching change? I follow a few of them and don’t remember seeing anything.

Do you have season tickets near the glass and you can see Keith’s facial expression? I don’t think I’ve ever seen the broadcast show him frowning right before he hops over the boards. And TBH though they should be f***ing mad when they’re playing right now. They lost 8 straight games. If they’re not mad about that they shouldn’t be playing.

Reactions: migi

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Oh my god I was kidding! :laugh:

Kevin had been making claims out of nowhere that Kieth was unhappy and wanted to be traded. Made a joke about it.
Apologies as I actually took it seriously, lol. It’s really easy to miss sarcasm in writing. I just thought it was another person making claims about that without anything to back it up.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
1. Duchene
Should make it to Free Agency
2. Panarin
I just take the Center over the Wing
3. A solid vet D

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Yeah I have no interest in Duchene.

Panarin is tops on my list, then Stone. Unless Stone comes 1-2M cheaper cap hit wise, then maybe he jumps Panarin on my want list. Is there any chance Stone could sign for less than a 8M hit?

I guess its possible but I’m sure there will be teams bidding 8m. He’s a damn good player. Hawks can honestly go up to 8.5m or so and be fine cap wise without moving anybody. Assuming cap jumps 2m, which is conservative given growth rate has been around 5% per year.

Reactions: RayP

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't disagree with this, but for me I like Dmen to play a more complete and well rounded game. Boqvist can certainly get there, but that's going to take some years to get there whereas Joki and Mitchell have an innate 2 way prowess. Boqvist is pure offence as of now. And his offensive production is about equal to Beaudin currently. He's a better shooter but Beaudin is a better playmaker so they even out.

Boqvist is not the liability you are claiming though. He showed this in preseason and has shown that in London. He is aggressive but that is what you want out of a player like him.

Boqvist is a better playmaker than Beaudin. Q vs OHL is different from a production standpoint.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I kind of wish the Hawks followed through with giving Boqvist the 9 game try out seeing how things have played out in London. Thought for sure Bouchard would stay with Edmonton clearing the way for Boqvist to have a big year. The team he’s on will be really good so thats nice but he might have stuck fine with Chicago. I get sending him down though.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I guess its possible but I’m sure there will be teams bidding 8m. He’s a damn good player. Hawks can honestly go up to 8.5m or so and be fine cap wise without moving anybody. Assuming cap jumps 2m, which is conservative given growth rate has been around 5% per year.

The forward group looks pretty nice with Stone.

Stone-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kahun
Schmaltz-Highmore-Saad/Sikura
Hayden-Krüger??-Fortin

Or maybe you try to recreate the dominant Toews and Kane lines where Stone is your new Hossa, and DeBrincat your Panarin.

Stone-Toews-Saad
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane
Schmaltz-Highmore/Kahun-Sikura

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
The forward group looks pretty nice with Stone.

Stone-Toews-Kane
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kahun
Schmaltz-Highmore-Saad/Sikura
Hayden-Krüger??-Fortin

Or maybe you try to recreate the dominant Toews and Kane lines where Stone is your new Hossa, and DeBrincat your Panarin.

Stone-Toews-Saad
DeBrincat-Kampf-Kane
Schmaltz-Highmore/Kahun-Sikura

I like option 2 a bit better

Saad-Toews-Stone
DeBrincat-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-Kahun
Fortin-Kampf-Hayden

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad