We have the 9th overall right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
We're ****ing blowing it by losing to these mediocre teams. IF we don't start turning this whole ****ing mess around really soon then I am hoping on board Team Tank! :nod:

There is nothing to turn around, the odds of us making the playoffs now according to Sports Club Stats is 2%.

Any long winning streaks now will just trick management into thinking the team will be fine next year.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Oh please, get over yourself. When people looked at this team prior to the season started and said it was not very good they were labeled pessimists. Now when the team is not very good (look at the record and standings) and people say so they are "self loathing." Maybe some people are just more honest and less likely to look at things with rose colored glasses.

It is hard to objectively look at your comments about the team when it is framed in this way.
To be honest the majority here thought we would make the playoffs. The handful of people who thought we would suck got ****ted on.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
To be honest the majority here thought we would make the playoffs. The handful of people who thought we would suck got ****ted on.

No, I don't believe how you describe the breakdown captures how the posts here were going prior to the start of the season. The majority thought we were a playoff bubble team, with some thinking it would tilt to squeaking into the playoffs and others thinking we would just miss them.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
There is nothing to turn around, the odds of us making the playoffs now according to Sports Club Stats is 2%.

Any long winning streaks now will just trick management into thinking the team will be fine next year.

It's a bit worrisome how susceptible the organization is to this.

Oh well. I'm looking forward to a new GM coming in from outside the organization with prior experience. One thing with Murray is that he never hired experienced NHL coaches (except for Hartsburg who had a few seasons with the Ducks). Every other guy had never head coached in the league before their gig with the Sens. If we're going to have a young team, at least have a veteran staff, led by an experienced head coach.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

I don't think this is accurate. Most people said we were on the bubble, and it could go either way. Granted, I didn't think we would be this bad (and this is one of those cases where those El Predicto's on the main board were actually right about us).

And just because some people had differing opinions doesn't mean they got **** on. Stop trying to make this board look more senile than it already is :laugh:

Edit - Ya, what Stefan said..

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
I'd feel better about it if we didn't have games in hand on basically everybody.

At least the Leafs ended their historic slide, but I'm not convinced they won't just hop back on it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I can't believe some of the fans are saying this team was a "playoffs" team to start the season. I know that it's kind of rude, but are some people that delusional?

The majority of the people with any knowledge of hockey were saying that this team was going to be one of the worst teams in the NHL. And it has been just that.

I'm not even mad because this position/standing this team is in right now was so predictable. It was the anti-Spezza fans and some optimistic sens fans that were hoping for a playoffs run this season.

Time to wake up start talking about the draft.

I'm a spezza fan, but man. Can you make a post without mentioning the guys name? Go back to your shrine and autographed hockey pucks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Lots of bitterness and I "told you so" in here. Playoffs were possible, they just never got on a roll.

Saying the team is garbage is way off. This is the NHL of parity and now that it looks like Ottawa could get a dynamic player from this year's draft, the effect could be astonishing in the very near future when you start moving good 3rd line players out of the top 6 and put them where they belong.

The zero year rebuild was a fantasy, this is still all part of the process. People crying about it should jump on a cup winner bandwagon or extend their perpetual, self loathing misery by cheering for the Leafs.

There is no whining. Of course there is "I told you so here"

Some of is thought we would be near last. We are. Some were right. "We never got on a roll" is not a good reason. We are bad. We didn't get on very many rolls. Some of us understood that. Yes if we get a dynamic player this year the effect could be astonishing. Some of us recognized that we needed a mother dynamic player (or two) to take the next step. And because of this we wouldn't make the playoffs.

So at the start of the year we were pretty unliked here (still putting my heart back together) for saying this.

We have almost the same reasons for saying we won't make the playoffs. Except some said it in October. And you're saying it now. Were almost fighting the same fight.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Is it common to sign a coach immediately to a three year deal right after the firing of your previous coach in midseason?

It's a serious question because just handing Cameron a three year deal when he could have easily been made an interim guy seems weird to me so I was curious if there were other examples.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is it common to sign a coach immediately to a three year deal right after the firing of your previous coach in midseason?

It's a serious question because just handing Cameron a three year deal when he could have easily been made an interim guy seems weird to me so I was curious if there were other examples.

I think he's still running on his old deal with perhaps a modifier for doing the job as head coach instead of assistant.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I hate the idea of tanking however considering where we are right now and how much track is left it is safe to assume we arent making the playoffs.

Since we arent making the playoffs then bring on the tank.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
It's best for us to just keep on losing. Getting in the top 5 will be huge for us in the future. There's no playoffs and frankly winning will do this team more harm. The more we win, the more upper management will say that "We're a playoff team" and continue this facade of the direction our organization is heading.

I'd rather we have close games but lose by a goal. Get in the top 5 for picks. Maybe get lucky with McDavid or Eichel. Carolina and Phoenix are pretty close to us. If we keep playing the way we are, wouldn't surprise me if they go ahead of us and we're in the bottom 3.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I remember being told to go cheer for another team when I said they weren't going to make the playoffs.

I'm 25 and my bedroom is all sens colour and sens gear. Obviously I'm a fan.

I'm just also a realist and that got on people with rose coloured glasses upset.

I said we needed 2 first line forwards(bobby is our only one) and we need a #2 defenseman(as methot is a great #3) . those holes are simply too big to try to mask and make the playoffs with any regularity.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I remember being told to go cheer for another team when I said they weren't going to make the playoffs.

I'm 25 and my bedroom is all sens colour and sens gear. Obviously I'm a fan.

I'm just also a realist and that got on people with rose coloured glasses upset.

I said we needed 2 first line forwards(bobby is our only one) and we need a #2 defenseman(as methot is a great #3) . those holes are simply too big to try to mask and make the playoffs with any regularity.

Agreed. So, what you're saying basically is trade turrris.

Xx-Xx-Ryan
Hoffman-Zib-Stone
Mac-Lazar-Chiasson
Michalek-Pageau-Condra

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
I think he's still running on his old deal with perhaps a modifier for doing the job as head coach instead of assistant.

This is what I thought...he still had another year left after this year because they all signed a 3 year deal in the last offseason previous to this one.

We need a new look at this team. Murray stepping down should get that ball rolling.

I've said it before, you're not going to get the general ticket buying public to games when Cameron is your head coach and all you've done is add a high draft pick. Unless that pick is McDavid, attendance is going to be bad if this is what they're going to sell.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I thought they game him a new contract that reflected the fact that he was now head coach, but I could be wrong. I know BM talked about the need to do that in an interview the day after Cameron took over.
I understood that to be a change in the contract rather than a new contract.

It's safe to assume our pick this year will be about 3-5 years away. So we'll have to make do with the team that we have and hope it just gets better as it grows older.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I understood that to be a change in the contract rather than a new contract.

It's safe to assume our pick this year will be about 3-5 years away. So we'll have to make do with the team that we have and hope it just gets better as it grows older.

That's another potential problem.

If we do tank and end up with a top 4-6 pick, people are going to want the kid int he lineup and contributing right away. We already rushed Zibby, Lehner and Lazar.....I don't want to make that mistake again with another kid, especially if this pick ends up being a potential top line guy.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Is your back sore after carrying that cross all this time? I remember most people thinking the sens would be a bubble team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad