GDT: WDSF Game 1: Wild @ Golden Knights - 2 PM CT - NBC, TVAS, SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Why is it, if someone doesn't defend Dumba, but expands on the complaint about a bad play all around, people act like Dumba is the only player capable of being criticized?

Because of posters saying he was way too valuable to lose and being overzealous about it. That’s why he’s under the microscope. Not really hard to figure out.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Because of posters saying he was way too valuable to lose and being overzealous about it. That’s why he’s under the microscope. Not really hard to figure out.
Just as overzealous as the other side of the opinion.

I don't see why that needs to pollute a game day thread either way.

We can disagree and still just be friends and not hostile to each other.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Ryan "High-Danger" Hartman. His head's going to explode after another one of those.

Maybe if he tries not shooting directly into Fleury's glove, he'll finally score one

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
LMAO, still Dumba' biggest fan even after his performance tonight. All players are judged on the same scale. Hate to break it to you..
Except my scale is based on stats whereas your's is based on feelings and pure emotion. You go into every game just to point out Dumba's mistakes. Never the same for anyone else.
Man, it’s almost like we’re criticizing Dumba’s play as if some were criticizing all of GMBGs moves. Weird, how one is acceptable and the other is obnoxious /shrug
I have barely commented on BG since he arrived. The difference is the deliberate act between the two. One is obnoxious and deliberate. The other is not.
Posters get so butthurt that people think Dumba is better than Soucy. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's obnoxious the Soucy simps have to constantly nag at the opposing opinion every single game. You don't see proponents for Dumba going after Soucy shift by shift in every game even when he makes mistakes (and he makes a bunch).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
At this point, what is the justification for re-signing Bonino? Not including Parise, you've got 6 forwards under contract for next season. Kaprizov, Fiala and Ek make 9. Boldy and Rossi make 11.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Except my scale is based on stats whereas your's is based on feelings and pure emotion. You go into every game just to point out Dumba's mistakes. Never the same for anyone else.

I have barely commented on BG since he arrived. The difference is the deliberate act between the two. One is obnoxious and deliberate. The other is not.

Posters get so butthurt that people think Dumba is better than Soucy. You have your opinion, I have mine. It's obnoxious the Soucy simps have to constantly nag at the opposing opinion every single game. You don't see proponents for Dumba going after Soucy shift by shift in every game even when he makes mistakes (and he makes a bunch).

Again, I don’t think anyone is saying Soucy is better than Dumba. What I, and I believe others, have said the difference between them isn’t the difference in salary.

If you want obnoxious, look at the first page of this thread for criticism on GMBG.

Blue Ox

Let's Play Hockey!
Nov 5, 2019
North Star State
At this point, what is the justification for re-signing Bonino?

He's a good guy? Give a good quote? Don't want to hurt his feelings? Good in the locker room? Stanley Cup winner in the past

Seems like these are legitimate reasons that GMBG considers.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
At this point, what is the justification for re-signing Bonino? Not including Parise, you've got 6 forwards under contract for next season. Kaprizov, Fiala and Ek make 9. Boldy and Rossi make 11.

I thought he finished the season pretty strong in the fourth line. Obviously would depend on price.

That being said, his play this game hasn’t really made a case for him sticking around

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
They really shouldn't say on national television that Zuccarello has the longest stick in the league, now people are having fun on twitter...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Again, I don’t think anyone is saying Soucy is better than Dumba. What I, and I believe others, have said the difference between them isn’t the difference in salary.
Yet, this is a game day thread, why drag in that conversation at this point when nobody else is? Let's just talk about the game at hand and save that conversation for other threads for which there are many.

We're all rooting for the same team here.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
And again, this is the part where they stop listening when I say that it would be smarter/better asset management to trade Dumba for futures. Even if that means Seattle takes Soucy. We have plenty of dmen waiting to get their shot and a third pair LHD replacement can be had for pretty cheap in UFA.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
Yet, this is a game day thread, why drag in that conversation at this point when nobody else is? Let's just talk about the game at hand and save that conversation for other threads for which there are many.

We're all rooting for the same team here.

I’ll repeat. look at the first page of this thread. If the Boldy decision can be brought up, why can’t Dumba’s actual play during the game? Which seems a hell of a lot more relevant

Reactions: Minnesnota

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’ll repeat. look at the first page of this thread. If the Boldy decision can be brought up, why can’t Dumba’s actual play during the game? Which seems a hell of a lot more relevant
You can criticize Dumba, nobody said you couldn't.

What started this was when players OTHER than Dumba were also called out on the exact same play.

It was a bad play all around, yet only Dumba is criticizable?

I agreed with you on the Dumba penalty, I just added that others were also screwing up, because they all f'd that play up and Talbot bailed them all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad