WDF Game 6: Colorado Avalanche Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 6:00PM PT | To win tonight would be Pawsome

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
As a Knights (& Kings) fan, Avs fans should not hang their heads for too long after this loss. I was worried that Colorado would wipe the ice with Vegas, especially after the first game. The Avalanche are an awesome team. They have players that will be Hall Of Famers someday. If Vegas doesn't get to the Finals, Colorado would have had my vote.

Don't be mad at MacK, Landy, or anybody else, folks. They just got beat by a more determined team. It happens all the time. I know. I've been a Kings fan for decades.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
I will say, major props to Vegas for playing the long game.

Kolesar giving Byram a concussion back in March played a major part in the Avs trading for Nemeth at the deadline. I lost count of how many goals against Nemeth was responsible for this series.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Wasn't some significant portion of the Avs fanbase crowning their team as champions after the 1st round? "Our team is simply too fast and too skilled for the rest of the league" was the general notion. Good riddance. That Mackinnon presser was comedy gold, world-class leadership right there.

Edit: that Adrian Dater question though, what the hell??

Reactions: Punished ROR

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Kolesar giving Byram a concussion back in March played a major part in the Avs trading for Nemeth at the deadline. I lost count of how many goals against Nemeth was responsible for this series.
Not only did Bednar insist on playing Graves and Nemeth, he even gave them a good amount of ice time. Look at how Montreal shortened their bench to 4D.

Reactions: Avs

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Less than Girard

Reactions: Team_Spirit

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Wasn't some significant portion of the Avs fanbase crowning their team as champions after the 1st round? "Our team is simply too fast and too skilled for the rest of the league" was the general notion. Good riddance. That Mackinnon presser was comedy gold, world-class leadership right there.
Pretty sure no Avs fans were saying that. Going into the series against Vegas it was like 60/40 in favor of Colorado at best.

Reactions: jsalz16

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Why the Isles out of curiosity? I always respected their fans but maybe I'm missing something?

Seeing their fans repeatedly boo injured players, the fact that they literally infiltrated our entire board for months and months after JT signed with Toronto. Just can't ever find myself cheering for them now

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Seeing their fans repeatedly boo injured players, the fact that they literally infiltrated our entire board for months and months after JT signed with Toronto. Just can't ever find myself cheering for them now
I'm cheering for Tampa, seeing a 100M team win the cup would look so bad for the league maybe they'll actually fix it.

Reactions: WestCoastBruins

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010

Edit: that Adrian Dater question though, what the hell??
Yeah, everyone thought that the team they had the exact same points with and battled with the season series with thought it was a cake walk. Are you 12?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Any Vegas fan can come and fight me, but the better team of the game 5 and 6 lost and it wasn't because Vegas played brilliant hockey. Just capitalised on Avs own mistakes, I respect they're a good team but pretty much the better team lost due to their own stupidity.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I'm cheering for Tampa, seeing a 100M team win the cup would look so bad for the league maybe they'll actually fix it.

I like a lot of their players, but I suppose that's hardly a surprise since they're basically the NHL version of a super team, or an NHL 21 fantasy drafted team when you turn the cap off.

I would cheer for Vegas over Tampa, but Tampa would likely be my second choice. I could live with anyone but the Isles winning.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
eca.jpg

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
The Avs are still fine, all the talent in the world. Just need to get rid of some anchors (defensemen not named Timmins, Toews, Byram, EJ and Makar) and a coach that won't think promoting Compher to the 2nd line or even first line is a good idea as a primary response for when things get tough. Then watch them destroy the playoffs.

jsalz16

Feb 21, 2010
Any Vegas fan can come and fight me, but the better team of the game 5 and 6 lost and it wasn't because Vegas played brilliant hockey. Just capitalised on Avs own mistakes, I respect they're a good team but pretty much the better team lost due to their own stupidity.
Grub picked a bad game to be average

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Well it is New York lol

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Oh. Well in that case...

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dater is one of the worst personalities in all of sports media PERIOD

He asks idiotic questions like this all the time

This is his response to that question
""Just talking like hockey people talk. Sorry if it’s too sensitive for your ears""

everyone in denver cringes when this clown opens his mouth

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV

So the better team makes more mistakes? That seems counter intuitive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad